Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holy Moly super "kill 10x wolves" grind until eternity...

Comments

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by rznkain

Originally posted by nolic1

Originally posted by RedKatana

Guild Wars 2 = fail fans who hate on Tera cause can't play their game even though they had to pay FULL PRICE for a shitty beta and become experiment pets for stress test and whatnot.

DO want some cheese with that whine I mean you sound like a kid whinning cause there being picked on. Its a game that it not what they say. It is a semi action combat game true action combat does not stop you from doing what ever such as dodging blocking and moving all at once. Also it does not stop you when trying to do a combat move not casting a spell that a little more understanding needing to stand still for. But using a skill should not stop you from moving.

Or you Gw2 fanbois can go back on GW2 forums and stop spouting off like tards all over every other game forum.We get it you l ike Gw2 most of us could give a crap less about it go post with the other fanbois  on that games forums.

I can't help but feel like it's the TERA fans, at least in this thread, that are the ones being hostile. For instance, read the red part.

Nope not hostile at all just sick and tired of almost every mmog thread about any game other than GW2 that a Gw2 fanbois have to come on and hijack the threads talking about it.

If you'll notice, it was RedKatana that started talking about GW2. The problem seems to be that TERA fans can't stop talking about GW2.

As a GW2 fanboy, have you even noticed what forum this thread is in? Honestly, I think some of you guys have more posts in TERA forum threads than in GW2.

• ElVisitanteElVisitante Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Sythion

Though this thread is not about combat, here's my thoughts between GW2 and TERA:

TERA = Higher skill cap (timing and aim matters much more than GW2)

GW2 = More strategic (Skill usage, builds and positioning matter much more than in TERA)

Since it's the reason this thread was started, I would also like to provide my conclusions from playing TERA beta and listening to people argue for their game on these forums.

It is absolutely impossible to enjoy TERA if you believe quests are an important part of the overall gameplay experience. Those who enjoy TERA see quests as a grinding activity, a necessary evil, or something that is an unavoidable blight that it's best not to look at too closely. They do not believe quests are part of the game, but rather something they must do to experience the game. They are either unable to abstract, and see combat as gameplay with quests as breaks, or they are have abstracted beyond questing to see the meta game of leveling up as gameplay. If this sounds like you, and you like action combat with a much higher skill cap than most MMOs, then TERA might be the game for you.

However, do not listen to people who say quests in TERA are no worse than any other game. TERA simply has one of the very worst plotted, written and paced questing system that exist in the MMO market today, including Korean FTP grinders.

Saying "here's my thoughts" and then commanding people to do something as if your thoughts were actually facts doesn't work out so well. Just saying.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by helthros

Guild Wars 2 = fail fans who hate on Tera cause can't play their game even though they had to pay FULL PRICE for a shitty beta and become experiment pets for stress test and whatnot.

DO want some cheese with that whine I mean you sound like a kid whinning cause there being picked on. Its a game that it not what they say. It is a semi action combat game true action combat does not stop you from doing what ever such as dodging blocking and moving all at once. Also it does not stop you when trying to do a combat move not casting a spell that a little more understanding needing to stand still for. But using a skill should not stop you from moving.

Or you Gw2 fanbois can go back on GW2 forums and stop spouting off like tards all over every other game forum.We get it you l ike Gw2 most of us could give a crap less about it go post with the other fanbois  on that games forums.

I can't help but feel like it's the TERA fans, at least in this thread, that are the ones being hostile. For instance, read the red part.

Nope not hostile at all just sick and tired of almost every mmog thread about any game other than GW2 that a Gw2 fanbois have to come on and hijack the threads talking about it.

If you'll notice, it was RedKatana that started talking about GW2. The problem seems to be that TERA fans can't stop talking about GW2.

As a GW2 fanboy, have you even noticed what forum this thread is in? Honestly, I think some of you guys have more posts in TERA forum threads than in GW2.

Have you noticed that the TERA fanboys talk about GW2 in their threads? I mean, look at all of them. They can't talk about anything else. Even you are sitting here talking about fanboys instead of the awful questing system that exists in TERA.

• straitbxstraitbx Member Posts: 14

Well if Teras so grand a game why are you here chating it up instead of playing the oh mighty god game you all spouting off that it is hmmm maybe because its not and you cant stand to sit a play it for hours on end because the grind is driving you nuts.

dude you are absolutely  right , tht is exactly why he is in here on the forums just like me lol, im a big gw2 "fanboy" i guess yes i played the beta and bought the game and loved it  , but at the moment i am playing tera cuz i just like playing video games , im not a video game guru like some of you guys seem to be , analyzing every lil thing , but from a reg gamers point of view , tera's questing is painfully boring , i have lv 43 slayer named unblessed , guild name lost in infinity , its to the point where i skip bam fights , dungeon are so easy , literally you just stand there and slash n slash n slash while healer heals you , and you do this for gold items for nothing cuz 2 lvs later blues are stronger then your golds lol , its is terrible , a player of 4 lvs hgher can literally pwn you instantly , , but i will finish my month and possibly cancel , and move on too the next game

Have you noticed that the TERA fanboys talk about GW2 in their threads? I mean, look at all of them. They can't talk about anything else. Even you are sitting here talking about fanboys instead of the awful questing system that exists in TERA.

Umm...GW2 was mentioned in the OP?

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

^ So much GW2 discussion in TERA threads lol. But you hardly hear anything TERA related in GW2 discussions.  Hmmm, makes you think.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by stayontarget

I have a question if you don't mind. 

What exactly do you think you will be doing in D3/GW2/Secret World?  Yeah I thought so.

In D3 you will kill even more monsters.... In the other 2 are there some more alternatives.

I think Tera still is a pretty good game but the quests and story could have been better. A bit more variation wouldn´t hurt.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

Just use this as a rule:

If you see 12 year old girls running around almost naked with a gaint weapon..........dont be suprised when you are mindlessly grinding horrible kill quests

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Loke666

What exactly do you think you will be doing in D3/GW2/Secret World?  Yeah I thought so.

In D3 you will kill even more monsters.... In the other 2 are there some more alternatives.

I think Tera still is a pretty good game but the quests and story could have been better. A bit more variation wouldn´t hurt.

Luckily TERA seems to have got that, 58-60(newest patch) has quite a bit of variation and some interesting story elements I was surprised with, hopefully they get the message and continue on that sort of trend.

Nevermind the dungeons and environments in that patch are my favourite in the entire game...as long as everytime they make content it's better than the previous content the game should survive.

• IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88

Grinding spots always happen, but the problem enlies that new mmo's make 1 clear path.

It used to take a good while for gamers explore every nook and cranny for the fastest (safest, profitable) way to 1-15, and even that it was subjective on your playstyle/template.

Games just are not hard enough and do not feel the need to add more content then that which pleases the current gamer.

Originally posted by Normike

^ So much GW2 discussion in TERA threads lol. But you hardly hear anything TERA related in GW2 discussions.  Hmmm, makes you think.

Hmm...yes, let's think about this shall we?. One, GW2 was mentioned in the OP. Two, TERA players are playing the game right now, so why would they be in GW2 forums? GW2 players, however, are not playing their game right now, so they're posting on forums. Now, they could post on their own forums, but surprisingly, they decide to go to TERA's and talk about GW2 here. I think it's clear GW2 players are more interested in TERA than TERA players are interested in GW2.

lol yup, and you just can't let them get away with talking smack about GW2 can you? You have to come in and defend GW2's honor! Laughable.

If people are trolling GW2 in the GW2 forums (kind of like you're doing here), then by all means let them have it. But going out of your way to look for threads where people might be bad-mouthing GW2 is just pathetic.

Heh awful questing system. Public quests, no I mean rifts - Oh wait they're called Dynamic Events here. We've seen it before and it didn't revolutionize squat. All of this smack talking traditional quests is sooo familiar.

Originally posted by ElVisitante

In his mind it was. Everything is about GW2 to these people.

lol yup, and you just can't let them get away with talking smack about GW2 can you? You have to come in and defend GW2's honor! Laughable.

If people are trolling GW2 in the GW2 forums (kind of like you're doing here), then by all means let them have it. But going out of your way to look for threads where people might be bad-mouthing GW2 is just pathetic.

Heh awful questing system. Public quests, no I mean rifts - Oh wait they're called Dynamic Events here. We've seen it before and it didn't revolutionize squat. All of this smack talking traditional quests is sooo familiar.

The irony of your post must have passed over your head.

• dpcollier128dpcollier128 Member Posts: 38

Yeah... It's one of those "pay $15/month to kill x of y" games that I can't spend my time or money on anymore. Combat's cool, but other starting content is severely lacking in that attention getting factor. If it were F2P or B2P, I'd reconsider; at least until something else comes along. Otherwise, for me, it's a pass.

It was mentioned in the post. That guy was trying to tell me that.

But I'm not surprised you missed it. The hate is coming from you and other TERA fans, not the other way around.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by Nethermancer

Just use this as a rule:

If you see 12 year old girls running around almost naked with a giant weapon..........dont be suprised when you are mindlessly grinding horrible kill quests

That's got to be one of my favorite posts ever on this site. :)

TERA does buck some of the expectations one might have in a game with "12 year old girls running around almost naked with a giant weapon", but it's still a pretty good rule of thumb.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

But I'm not surprised you missed it. The hate is coming from you and other TERA fans, not the other way around.

I'm pretty sure it is the other way around. TERA fans aren't going out of their way to bash GW2 on the GW2 forums, but there are plenty of GW2 fans who are here bashing TERA. Normally I wouldn't even care about one game's players bashing another, but in this case the fanboi base of GW2 and thus the potential haters is way higher than it should be, due to the fact that GW2 fans are bored and can't play their game right now and that being teased with 3-day chunks of game time is only going to increase excitement, not decrease it. 3 days isn't nearly enough time to see the flaws of a game or get disillusioned with it. Hence, the huge fanboi base.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I'm pretty sure it is the other way around. TERA fans aren't going out of their way to bash GW2 on the GW2 forums, but there are plenty of GW2 fans who are here bashing TERA. Normally I wouldn't even care about one game's players bashing another, but in this case the fanboi base of GW2 and thus the potential haters is way higher than it should be, due to the fact that GW2 fans are bored and can't play their game right now and that being teased with 3-day chunks of game time is only going to increase excitement, not decrease it. 3 days isn't nearly enough time to see the flaws of a game or get disillusioned with it. Hence, the huge fanboi base.

Please don't make me have to go dig up old flame threads....that statement is just soo blatantly untrue. It has died down recently, but it still hasn't gone away. Hell, there's a few familiar names in this thread alone that have been guilty of it.

Here, I'll give you an example of some of the "pro-TERA" responses. If you can find similar responses from pro-GW2, go for it.

I'm sorry, but having a story TOLD to me is hella boring. Nothing about that was dynamic, but static and scripted. 

pre-ordered GW2, played beta, and I regreted spending money on this rubbish game

...aaaaaaaaaaand this is the part they try to convince you GW2 is the second coming of some mythological and/or theological figurehead that will remind you how GW2 is the best invention since slice bread.....

I think OP is being a bit of a wuss with the title of this thread. 

GW2 combat is fake action combat.

Everything you just posted is wrong, and obviously posted by someone who is an unabashed GW2 fanboy.

GW2 combat is a spamfest.

Seriously?  You GW2 guys don't even understand the fundamental way TERA is played.

I  have played both as well and your full of it only diff is you have let your starry eyes of GW2 fanboisnm cloud your mind tera's combat kicks the crap out of Gw2

Or you Gw2 fanbois can go back on GW2 forums and stop spouting off like tards all over every other game

But going out of your way to look for threads where people might be bad-mouthing GW2 is just pathetic.

You have to come in and defend GW2's honor! Laughable.

I'd be shocked if you can find a similar amount of vitriolic misinformation coming from the other side. One side is stating their opinion about the quest system being a serious fault in TERA and the TERA side is calling everyone GW2 fanboys. Sometimes things go one way more than the other and in this thread, TERA fans are trashing anyone that has a single criticism about TERA.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

About all MMORPGs are just about killing mobs in PvE? At least Tera got interesting combat.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by aesperus

Please don't make me have to go dig up old flame threads....that statement is just soo blatantly untrue. It has died down recently, but it still hasn't gone away. Hell, there's a few familiar names in this thread alone that have been guilty of it.

Ya few familiar names, every game has its trolls they are the same few people that get a kick out of doing it. However GW2 has a good chuck of its community bashing away. If we look back through the past few pages on this forum about half or more of the post are GW2 fans, and not even just the familar people but new people every single day. Why the fuck are you guys even on this forum? Why the hell does the Tera forum have like more GW2 fan/player than Tera? you all that bored that you can't surf your own game's forum?

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by aesperus

Ya few familiar names, every game has its trolls they are the same few people that get a kick out of doing it. However GW2 has a good chuck of its community bashing away. If we look back through the past few pages on this forum about half or more of the post are GW2 fans, and not even just the familar people but new people every single day. Why the fuck are you guys even on this forum? Why the hell does the Tera forum have like more GW2 fan/player than Tera? you all that bored that you can't surf your own game's forum?

It's because MMORPG has a feature on the first page of the site called "Current Forum Activity."

That list updates with the most recent posts posted across all of the forums. People often click on those because it's actually kind of fun to get a nice variety of topics and discusion they might otherwise might not be able to experience if they were only on ONE game forum. 

I like being able to expand that list and quickly look over the hot topics in the MMORPG gamingverse. And I don't feel like there is anything wrong with adding to discussions of games that I am not "officially" interested in.

I guess a good question could also be, if there are official TERA forums, why are people coming here to discuss TERA? Should they not be only discussing TERA related things in the TERA official forums?

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

when killing 10 things looks and play so good...all i can so is WHO CARES?! lol!!!!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6CyqGJHTjes

Thats what you will be doing in GW2 so I wouldn't ask lol.

But for D3 , yeah quests won't be much better.

you picked the wrong movie to prove your point.......movie is about 9 minutes anf you draw you weapon for the first time after 6 minutes......the first 6 minutes you just follow and have a story told to you.

Dont get me wrong, i am going to play GW2 too.

But it aint the next coming of jezus.....i got up to lvl 13 in last beta and i already done about 6 of these "follow and protect the npc" quest to find out that if i go back to his spawning place hes already there again to ask me the same freaking thing.

so the guy is kinda right......EVEN GW2 makes you repeat quest like any other game so dont sell it as it does any different ok.

its overhyped enough as it is imho.