Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Stress Test Planned for Monday

2»

Comments

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Originally posted by Zoyita

I dont wanna troll or say something negative but, how can this be a stress test on a monday while everyone is at work. Most of the people cannot make it, monday is a hard day to take free from work/call sick.

Me i can make it but i hope they make this stress test a real hardcore one on a friday or saturday in hours most people can make it to see if the log in/ and servers can really handle the stress. This test if is sucessful means nothing because is only 15% of the game population. I just hope no one will full their mouth saying servers are 100% stable with this weak stress test.

Dont get me wrong im gonna be there and im hoping they gonna fix all the server issues, *hopes*.

They're not stupid, they are going to have max capicity monday evening.  It's a work day, Monday, and I'm pretty sure they've put in a ton of long hours already than to sacrafice 2 weekends a month to testing.  All stress tests so far have taken place on work days.  

By having a short window, they are going to guanttee that htey are going to have max people on at the same time.  

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by rygard49

Originally posted by Goreson

Ah... stress test...done on a working day, at a time of day that is not even close to eve the outer rim of primetime for PDT and MDT (not to mention further west) and "open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts"...

Any chance that you have no faith in your servers AN? Or have you sold more pre-purchse copies in Europe than in North America?

Guys, ever considered that a stress test should be done with more gamers on the servers than you actually expect to get, not (by far) less?

It's funny I brought up this exact point in another thread, but apparently nothing Anet does can be wrong with a lot of the crowd here.

Although maybe it is just an EU server test. *shrug*

From what I understand, most of the connection complaints during the previous weekend beta came from EU players. So it's understandable why ANet would want more connections from EU.

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

Sorry heartless, but even then AN's planning fails on 2 level:

Starting time of 11am PDT is 7pm GMT and 8pm CET.

Which is deadsmack IN European primetime.

Wouldn't it make more sense, if you do a 7 hrs stress test event for Europe, to use as much of European primetime as possible?

So why noy start at 4pm GMT/5pm CET (which is 8am PDT)?

Would make so much more sense than thinking your average casual MMO gamer will really be playing from 8pm till 3am on a working day, when the next day is a working day as well...

Oh, wait, of course, they aren't doing a stress test JUST for Europe but for the whole world...

and of course, 11 am is therefore best...

right... dumb questions then:

a) why not make it a 9 hrs or 12 hrs event then? Would allow a much wider range of gamers to log in over time. Or could it be that AN doesn't want to pay OT to its employees so it's your normal 8 hrs working day, 7 hrs to monitor the test, 1 hr to evaluate...?

b) why not make the test on the weekend when the number of gamers who won't be able to log in due to having to work/be at school will be far smaller? Or could it be that AN doesn't want to pay OT to its employees as making the game is just a Mo - Fri job?

Second: "open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts" - unless they don't know what they are talking about (and actually mean "registered Beta testers" rather than "registered Pre-Purchase customers"), that cuts the possible number of people logging in even further as keys for Beta access were made available for the BWE INDEPENDENT of Pre-Purchase access.

Or are you telling me that the beta key I won also means that I pre-purchased GW2? Hm... didn't pay anything... so I guess I'll get GW2 for free then... anybody wanna buy my GW2 (when it is released)? I'll sell at market value - 10%! :-D  

So, twist it any way you like, this "stress test" (based on current information given) is nothing but a PR stunt... with maybe just a bit of "let's see if quest X runs a bit better now" for AN.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

Originally posted by Goreson

Ah... stress test...done on a working day, at a time of day that is not even close to eve the outer rim of primetime for PDT and MDT (not to mention further west) and "open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts"...

Any chance that you have no faith in your servers AN? Or have you sold more pre-purchse copies in Europe than in North America?

Guys, ever considered that a stress test should be done with more gamers on the servers than you actually expect to get, not (by far) less?

My guess is that the new stress test from ArenaNet is aimed at testing fixes to the lag issues ahead of a real stress test as they had over a weekend.

• grimmlibertygrimmliberty Member UncommonPosts: 41

meh, they fail, but in failing insure Another test will be needed... 

Sincerely,
    Grimm Liberty

• |DarK||DarK| Member UncommonPosts: 12

it may be just my opinion but i think they are just choosing that time frame to have the stress test gradually become more stressfull on the server and not just a massive flood has soon has the server opens making it easier on them to adjust to the increasing amount of players logging in

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Originally posted by |DarK|

it may be just my opinion but i think they are just choosing that time frame to have the stress test gradually become more stressfull on the server and not just a massive flood has soon has the server opens making it easier on them to adjust to the increasing amount of players logging in

In the Anet post I believe it was stated that the Monday stress test is to see if the fixes work.  If so, I imagine another BWE will be quickly coming down the pipe.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by Badaboom

Originally posted by |DarK|

In the Anet post I believe it was stated that the Monday stress test is to see if the fixes work.  If so, I imagine another BWE will be quickly coming down the pipe.

It's either 18th or 25th. I hope its sooner than latter :)