Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did the player Home Instance exist in BWE?

I was looking up how the hall of monuments works in GW2.

Its apparently part of your home instance 

If not when do you think this and guesting are going to be put in?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

The home instance was in the beta events, yes. It is a major part of the personal story quests. There was nothing about the hall of monuments in there though, that I found anyway. You could take others into the instance with you.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • nezbelnezbel Member UncommonPosts: 47

Certainly you probably won't see anything that's suppose to be in it until release but yes the home instance was in the game and is the first instance location you get sent to after the tutorial.

• Originally posted by Vannor

The home instance was in the beat events, yes. It is a major part of the personal story quests. There was nothing about the hall of monuments in there though, that I found anyway.

I think you are supposed to get an item that will alter your home instance somehow.

I did my personal story but never really noticed something seemed to be a personal instance.  Just some various encounter based instances..

How do you get to it?

• Originally posted by nezbel

Certainly you probably won't see anything that's suppose to be in it until release but yes the home instance was in the game and is the first instance location you get sent to after the tutorial.

Oh so its that little section of town with the bar where you either fight off some thugs for a commoner or meet your childhood friend as a street urchin.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Originally posted by gestalt11

Originally posted by Vannor

The home instance was in the beat events, yes. It is a major part of the personal story quests. There was nothing about the hall of monuments in there though, that I found anyway.

I think you are supposed to get an item that will alter your home instance somehow.

I did my personal story but never really noticed something seemed to be a personal instance.  Just some various encounter based instances..

How do you get to it?

The first place you get sent to in your personal story is your home instance. You can enter it at any time.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

How do you get to it?

If you did the personal story quests then you have to have been there at some point. It's a large section of your race's city, probably about 1/5 of the city (depending on the race).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

The home instance is pretty large and can be easily confused for just another part of town.

• Originally posted by Vannor

How do you get to it?

If you did the personal story quests then you have to have been there at some point. It's a large section of your race's city, probably about 1/5 of the city (depending on the race).

Yeah now that I think about it when I first went there I was like "WTF are there merchants here?"

I think they need to explain this better in game.  Its not that obvious really.

• Originally posted by Alders

The home instance is pretty large and can be easily confused for just another part of town.

The best thing about your sig is that one of the Three Storms from Big TRouble in Little China is front and center.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

Originally posted by Alders

The best thing about your sig is that one of the Three Storms from Big TRouble in Little China is front and center.

I'm glad someone noticed, thanks.

• oddbat1334oddbat1334 Member Posts: 33

Hall of Monuments is disabled in beta. You can see it in the achievement part of the UI. It is worth noting however that HoM pets are accessible for rangers in PvP regardless of whether or not they were earned. I wonder if that will be fixed... the HoM pets seem to be different in skin only, so I don't see how it could affect game balance.

• Originally posted by oddbat1334

Hall of Monuments is disabled in beta. You can see it in the achievement part of the UI. It is worth noting however that HoM pets are accessible for rangers in PvP regardless of whether or not they were earned. I wonder if that will be fixed... the HoM pets seem to be different in skin only, so I don't see how it could affect game balance.

As far as I can tell the HoM pets always have some analog with the same species specific skills, ie. Black Widow and jungle spiders both have paralyzing venom.