Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Already cancelling my preorder

12346»

Comments

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

Originally posted by Abdiell

Wow, this thread blew up while I was away.

I don't give a shit about my beta account. I just don't want legal ramifications. I didn't know that I had even accepted an NDA, and therefore obviouslly didn't read it. 

If somone can confirm that the only ramification is account loss, then I will post a detailed review.

gimme Your$ $tuff naow

• Ir0nh34dIr0nh34d Member UncommonPosts: 11

Without going into detail about the Closed Beta, and not violating the NDA.

[mod edit]

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by ariboersma

actually I haven't been breaking NDA since I started talking about TSW. MOST of what I have said in the past about the game was open knowledge or visible clearly from what little footage is out there. You are correct about me having broken the NDA before though.. I had once or twice in frustration.

Beta stage games only have customer service issues regarding the SPECIFIC game.. since funcom uses a master account like NCsoft this doesn't apply. The issues are broad. Also I still got the thank you for participating in beta please fill out this survey.. one would think that they wouldnt want my opinion if they banned me =P.

You didn't really outline that before, you just talked about verification so my bad. Still about NDA, it's generally considered a breach to share an opinion about your experience, IE: game's no fun, it's bad, etc.. is still a no-no.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

No open world pvp in a mad-max type enviroment? game is destin to fail as hard as AoC if not worse.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Ir0nh34d

[mod edit]

You signed up to test. Arnt we being a little selfish?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

Here we go and he is waiting for gw2. Yes we know the story

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Originally posted by Evolution8

No open world pvp in a mad-max type enviroment? game is destin to fail as hard as AoC if not worse.

Have you actually done any research on this game? Where on earth do you get "a mad-max type environment" from?

Obvious troll post.

• kurtbarlowkurtbarlow Member Posts: 39

Let's just wait for tomorrow and test it ourselves, instead of arguing about nothing.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Abdiell

Wow, this thread blew up while I was away.

I don't give a shit about my beta account. I just don't want legal ramifications. I didn't know that I had even accepted an NDA, and therefore obviouslly didn't read it. 

If somone can confirm that the only ramification is account loss, then I will post a detailed review.

MMORPG will also take actions against you for posting info on this board that violates the NDA.  I got a warning during the TOR beta for posting a comment I didn't think violated the NDA but MMORPG didn't agree.  Just wait until tomorrow than we can talk about it in more detail.

Originally posted by Nitth

I have to say, I am dissapointed. I have already uninstalled the client and will move on to another game. 

You signed up to test. Arnt we being a little selfish?

No I don't t hink so. TSW is going to be a retail product very soon. I certainly took the time to evaluate the beta. Definitely not my cup of tea. No harm no foul. I'm not crying to the forums about how it ruined my summer or anything. So in summary, no I do not think it's selfish. 

As far as reporting data back to Funcom regarding my beta experience by playing more? They can get the hint from my short play sessions and in game chat log. 

[mod edit]
  • Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

Originally posted by pierth

Originally posted by EduardoASG

^this

Only people who dont know Failcom can be hyped by anything made by this bunch really.

Or, you know, people could just try the game out and form an opinion from the actual game rather than fight about assumptions.

Given the use of the word 'try' you're essentially arguing against pre-ordering, or even buying a game until you've gotten a free trial.

Originally posted by Paradigm68

^this

Only people who dont know Failcom can be hyped by anything made by this bunch really.

Or, you know, people could just try the game out and form an opinion from the actual game rather than fight about assumptions.

Given the use of the word 'try' you're essentially arguing against pre-ordering, or even buying a game until you've gotten a free trial.

So not everyone who "tries" a game is a cheapskate who's not willing to invest on faith alone. I have bought many games upfront to be disapointed. It's just a bad track record that is multiple companies faults, and partly us a gaming audience's fault. I don't blame people for being overly cautious now. Sucks for the industry, but the industry created this monster. 

• tarestares Member Posts: 381

^this

MMOs are diffrent you can try them and they may play fine but are lacking later on.   Like SWTOR is plays awesome when you play it from levels 1 to 10i but at 50 it changes and there are just bad ideas.  Tera playes awesome at the begining but at level 60 people are wondering what is next.   WoW and EQ1 were mediocre at trial levels but they both did very well due to being so involved later on.   Warhammer seemed pretty miss when I played in betta and the launch was just as bad as all of us wanted Doac 2 anyway they just failed to deliver and went another direction so a trial of warhammer would be the only one that you could tell it is bad.  AoC masked the trial in a diffrent game so people wouldn't see how broken core mechanics are.

Playing a demo of RPGs or MMOs doesn't give you much info on the game.  The community vibe does much better, even in warcraft the community is negative but you can tell how well a game is doing by the vibe and issues, not troll ones but if X is posted about 100 times it is an issue.  The easy part is that feedback is usually ignored so major game issues stay and people go due to a bad game.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

^this

So not everyone who "tries" a game is a cheapskate who's not willing to invest on faith alone. I have bought many games upfront to be disapointed. It's just a bad track record that is multiple companies faults, and partly us a gaming audience's fault. I don't blame people for being overly cautious now. Sucks for the industry, but the industry created this monster. 

Its not about being a cheapskate. If you bought it, you're no longer 'trying' it.  Trying a game out and forming an opinion about it is a meaningless endevor if you've paid for the game because ypu've already voted with your wallet.

^this

Its not about being a cheapskate. If you bought it, you're no longer 'trying' it.  Trying a game out and forming an opinion about it is a meaningless endevor if you've paid for the game because ypu've already voted with your wallet.

Ture with a fault. Sometimes trying things infact does have a premium to pay. You don't simply try a hamburger from McDonalds the same way you would test drive a car. 

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

While this isn't terribly surprising to me, given Funcom's record, I do have some questions for the OP:

1. Do you understand that a Beta is a test phase and will likely be buggy? Are bugs the issue?

2. Does it seem like Funcom is using the Beta as a "publicity test" and not for bug testing? My guess at this phase is no, because otherwise it would be an open beta, right? A closed beta with an NDA means they are relying on you and others for private and professional feedback to correct issues with the game. As such, I think you're sort of missing the point of your role in this.

On the other hand, if you played the beta and came away feeling like the game is missing too much content, or is thematically problematic (i.e. the gameplay is too much of the same-old-same-old or what-not), in other words "issues that a closed beta isn't going to fix" then I could see where you might have reason to bail on this game. It's just hard to tell, given that way too many gamers these days treat betas like a way to demo a game for free, then come away with bad attitudes because they see error and failed to recognize their part in the process. And of course that attitude is propogated by marketing depts. for these publishers that treat open betas like free publicity.

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Descriptions of the beta are currently NDA violations, guys.

Please do not post opinions on the beta or descriptions as they will be deleted. The weekend beta content and ONLY that content may be posted once that begins. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.