Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Call To Arms!

EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Enough is enough.  There have been outcries from every corner of the web about the monstrosity that is being unleashed upon us: The Elder Scrolls Online.

The people posting on this forum have some of the most reasoned, sound arguments I have seen as to why this MMO, in many ways seems like a failure right out of the gate.

We need you.  We need you to voice your opinions in the belly of the beast.  Too many rabid, starry-eyed sheep are clogging up the airwaves with "ESO WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE BECAUSE IT IS ELDER SCROLLS" and we need knowledgable, experience MMO veterans to clamor in a place where your voices can be heard, and maybe, just maybe, make a difference!

The chances of us affecting any kind of meaningful change to the combat, immersion or aesthethics is minimal, with only 1 year until release, but it HAS been done before.  We HAVE made a difference!  We HAVE pushed companies to rethink their design and take a step back and ask "why do so many seem to hate this?"

Currently, the official Elder Scrolls Online forum can be found here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190-elder-scrolls-online-general-discussion/

GStaff is watching closely, polls are generally landslided in favor of those who disapprove of how the MMO is being handled, but many naysayers are tired, burned out and beaten down by the baseless "Everything you say is wrong and ESO is the best ever" responses without any actual debate going on.

If you are passionate about the Elder Scrolls and want your points to resonate, that is the place for them!  Fly, fly and rain your discontent upon those who deserve it!

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

I disagree to a point.

Like the Mass Effect 3 story. I dont think players should demand that it change. Just let them know we have no plans on buying it and here is a list why.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

I disagree to a point.

Like the Mass Effect 3 story. I dont think players should demand that it change. Just let them know we have no plans on buying it and here is a list why.

Well, I truly believe that it is up to them in the end.  It is their game, their story, their world, but often-times, in a creative collaboration like a game or a film, the creators can become so out-of-touch with their audience, trapped in a microcosm of yes men and people throwing money at them, that they can become clouded.  George Lucas anyone?

I feel that as consumers/audience/fans (the people who ultimately decide if something is successful or not), it is our duty to voice when we are not happy directly to the people who need to hear it.  We should do so in a reasoned and compelling way of course, not with flaming and threats and all of that, but if you have something to say, I guess I'm saying "say it to their face," or as close as you can get.  ;)

Otherwise, how are they going to know how you feel until you say it with your wallet.  By then it is too late for any meaningful change.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Entinerint

I disagree to a point.

Well, I truly believe that it is up to them in the end.  It is their game, their story, their world, but often-times, in a creative collaboration like a game or a film, the creators can become so out-of-touch with their audience, trapped in a microcosm of yes men and people throwing money at them, that they can become clouded.  George Lucas anyone?

I feel that as consumers/audience/fans (the people who ultimately decide if something is successful or not), it is our duty to voice when we are not happy directly to the people who need to hear it.  We should do so in a reasoned and compelling way of course, not with flaming and threats and all of that, but if you have something to say, I guess I'm saying "say it to their face," or as close as you can get.  ;)

Otherwise, how are they going to know how you feel until you say it with your wallet.  By then it is too late for any meaningful change.

I agree with this.

its actually doing them a favor. just like if you get a meal you dont like at a resturant simply not leaving a tip isnt being very helpful, telling the resturant about your experience is being helpful.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

I disagree to a point.

I agree with this.

its actually doing them a favor. just like if you get a meal you dont like at a resturant simply not leaving a tip isnt being very helpful, telling the resturant about your experience is being helpful.

Exactly!  And telling them beforehand that you're allergic to peanuts will save them a lawsuit!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

I'm just simply going to pass on it. The only way to get through to them is by voting with your money.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

The people posting on this forum have some of the most reasoned, sound arguments I have seen

That's where I stopped reading.

Originally posted by RebelScum99

The people posting on this forum have some of the most reasoned, sound arguments I have seen

That's where I stopped reading.

LOL then you really haven't seen the ESO forums, these forums are AMAZING by comparison.  People actually use three-syllable words, paragraphs and punctuation here!  It's nothing short of miraculous!  :P

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

The game is already developed, if they intend to release it next year then it's mostly a finished product and they will release the game no matter what without any major overhauls.  While there have been massive outcries against the announcement but the internet is notorious being home to the few anod loud.  The sales will most likely be very well likely just because of the IP, SWTOR is a testament to how well you can sell a game based on an IP alone even if your game is about utter crap.

I know on my cross platform/game guild the vast majority of post were looking at the game favorably.  Why is beyond me but it goes to show that there are those that are looking forward to it's release.  You have to account  that many never played Oblivion or a big portion I'd wager and really don't understand the core mechanic issue being brought up of those that purchased Skyrim.

Originally posted by Ambros123

The game is already developed, if they intend to release it next year then it's mostly a finished product and they will release the game no matter what without any major overhauls.  While there have been massive outcries against the announcement but the internet is notorious being home to the few anod loud.  The sales will most likely be very well likely just because of the IP, SWTOR is a testament to how well you can sell a game based on an IP alone even if your game is about utter crap.

I know on my cross platform/game guild the vast majority of post were looking at the game favorably.  Why is beyond me but it goes to show that there are those that are looking forward to it's release.  You have to account  that many never played Oblivion or a big portion I'd wager and really don't understand the core mechanic issue being brought up of those that purchased Skyrim.

Very true in all respects, but in all honesty, and I know this is blasphemy to say, I'm really hoping ESO gets a post launch CU/NGE to make it like an actual Elder Scrolls game.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I think a few people have seen hero engine, and single player rpg devs making a mmo, and wow tab Target combat and gone "wow clone, swtor 2.0, burn the witch" without actually reading the whole press release, becausevthey just want to be angry at something

Then a whole army of sheeple have joins the bandwagon.

Calm down, actually read up on and listen to what they have said, it will be a good game, it won't be exactly like tes, but it will have the feel of tes and it most certainly won't be a corridors & cutscenes grinder like swtor.