Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Stress Test Planned for Monday

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Arena.Net has announced that a Guild Wars 2 beta stress test will be conducted for a limited number of hours on Monday, May 14th from 11:00 a.m. PDT to 6:00 p.m. PDT. The goal of the test is to pack the servers with players to ensure stability.

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Source: GW2 Facebook page

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Yeah, that's right. Screw the workin' man! image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

too bad its not this weekend. well, never mind. Afterall this is an unexpected bonus for prepurchasers :)

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Zekiah

Right on with that. I'll only have like 3 hours to log in. Guess I'll just see if they fixed that skill challenge in Queensdale and do a few DEs.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

I wouldn't really consider more than maybe just turning on my PC and logging in w/o playing, adding a little more stress, as I don't want to start a new char for 7 hours.

But the post states "existing characters". If I could continue on my char from the last BWE I'd be tempted to take a day off. Even if the stress test will likely mean it'll be 7 hours of the late Friday lag and early Saturday can't-login-problems.

• FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

GW2 or College Finals?  I think we all know the correct choice.

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

It seems like a Saturday afternoon would be much better for this, or at least later in the evening for US players. I know if you go too late, it would become a problem in Europe, but this still just seems like a weird time to do a stress test. Don't you want the most people possible trying to be in the game world simultaneously?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• RodimusPrimeRodimusPrime Member Posts: 114

Day late on this one eh?

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by xposeidon

Originally posted by Zekiah

Right on with that. I'll only have like 3 hours to log in. Guess I'll just see if they fixed that skill challenge in Queensdale and do a few DEs.

Meh, at least you'll get some game time out of it unlike some of us poor schmucks. image

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

they are not  testing D3 vs GW2 stress test- its a GW2 stress test....ill be in D3 all weekend!

monday sounds good to me.ill be continuing my charr story n human..

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

So my question is how true of a stress test is it given the times of the stress test. Most companies do one day stress tests starting around 4PM PDT not 11AM PDT. To many people will be at work for it to be a real stress test.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Originally posted by Thorbrand

So my question is how true of a stress test is it given the times of the stress test. Most companies do one day stress tests starting around 4PM PDT not 11AM PDT. To many people will be at work for it to be a real stress test.

Europe?

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Originally posted by ButeoRegalis

I wouldn't really consider more than maybe just turning on my PC and logging in w/o playing, adding a little more stress, as I don't want to start a new char for 7 hours.

But the post states "existing characters". If I could continue on my char from the last BWE I'd be tempted to take a day off. Even if the stress test will likely mean it'll be 7 hours of the late Friday lag and early Saturday can't-login-problems.

Tweeted: You sure can! ~RB2 #GuildWars2

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I got my day off, im rdy to roll :)

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

ZOMG!

I´ll be working :/

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

I dont think i will be able to play at monday =/ 

• RathanX26RathanX26 Member Posts: 119
    Sounds like a test for the European servers which seemed to have had more problems then the ones in the US. Either way it's great that they are doing this before the next BWE to make sure things are good. Also might show that the next beta weekend is coming sooner then we think. Great weekend coming up, TSW beta, gw2 stress test, and diablo launch.... And I'm stuck out of town... Great....

I'm sorry but the only one saying anything about the second coming is you. Fans of a game accept its flaws and strengths.

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

Stress test is a good sign...GW2 coming this summer!!! *crosses fingers*

• mrvader010mrvader010 Member UncommonPosts: 45

Going to WVWVW The whole time. Everyone will take a arrow to the knee from me!

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Maybe the test goes smoothly and we get a BWE this weekend? Last time it was two weekends after wards though so I'm probably wrong.

• VamperoVampero Member UncommonPosts: 38

I will be there !!!

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by crysent

Stress test is a good sign...GW2 coming this summer!!! *crosses fingers*

they've made some changes to the server in order to increase the capacity, and they want to test it out before next Beta Weekend.

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

I dont wanna troll or say something negative but, how can this be a stress test on a monday while everyone is at work. Most of the people cannot make it, monday is a hard day to take free from work/call sick.

Me i can make it but i hope they make this stress test a real hardcore one on a friday or saturday in hours most people can make it to see if the log in/ and servers can really handle the stress. This test if is sucessful means nothing because is only 15% of the game population. I just hope no one will full their mouth saying servers are 100% stable with this weak stress test.

Dont get me wrong im gonna be there and im hoping they gonna fix all the server issues, *hopes*.

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

Ah... stress test...done on a working day, at a time of day that is not even close to eve the outer rim of primetime for PDT and MDT (not to mention further west) and "open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts"...

Any chance that you have no faith in your servers AN? Or have you sold more pre-purchse copies in Europe than in North America?

Guys, ever considered that a stress test should be done with more gamers on the servers than you actually expect to get, not (by far) less?

• Riker99Riker99 Member Posts: 70

Its nice that they set it on Monday to avoid interfering with my Diablo 3 go-until-you-drop-then-drink-a-red-bull-and-keep-going gaming session.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Originally posted by Goreson

Ah... stress test...done on a working day, at a time of day that is not even close to eve the outer rim of primetime for PDT and MDT (not to mention further west) and "open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts"...

Any chance that you have no faith in your servers AN? Or have you sold more pre-purchse copies in Europe than in North America?

Guys, ever considered that a stress test should be done with more gamers on the servers than you actually expect to get, not (by far) less?

It's funny I brought up this exact point in another thread, but apparently nothing Anet does can be wrong with a lot of the crowd here.

Although maybe it is just an EU server test. *shrug*