Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What class are you playing as? [Poll]

EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Title says it all.  What class are you playing as.  Tell us why!  I just want to get a feel for how popular some the classes are and why they are popular.  Also, for the sake of the vote, let it be your "main" or your "most played" class. 

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

I'm playing a sorc (40) because it plays unlike any other class I've played in an MMO, and yet is effective.  Tons of Dps, super squishy, but lots of evasion moves.  I'm constnatly moving on my sorc which is cool and totally unheard of for any mage class in any other game (normally you're encouraged to stand still as a mage- if you do that in TERA you're done for).

Lots of fun, top dps, challenging at times.  What's not to like?

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

I'm playing a Lancer image... slow class, but feels right for a tank.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Playing a Lancer. It feels very right. I have some minor alts but don't have enough time to seriously level them yet.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Same lancer, I personally love the Shield-based classes in games I play. Also enjoy tanking and being a team player.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I fell in love with berserker but due to grouping options I'm playing a lancer as main.

I'm torn between the two as I wanted to put all my attention on one only...

/firstworldproblems

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Interesting.  Of the people that patrol these forums, Lancer is most popular... (at least until more votes come in)

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by Edeus

Interesting.  Of the people that patrol these forums, Lancer is most popular... (at least until more votes come in)

Very true. In game it's another story.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I played berserker in beta. Then swung in circles and killed everything. I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Though I hear theyre really slow/bad at pvp. Ah well.

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I've tried a few so far, Lancer, Slayer to late teens and they're fun for sure but my Priest is 25 now and I keep coming back for more, which is unusual for me as I hate healing dungeons and raids. TERA's priests don't play like any healer I've tried in any MMO before and they're nowhere near as weak as most healer classes I've played in other games.

In fact this priest is quite capable as a solo class and healing in Bastion of Lok was a lot of fun for me, something I've never found healing a group before. I find healing akin to whack-a-mole in most games. Watch red bars and hit a button. Boring! Having to stay mobile and the way the aoe and targeted heals work in TERA make this priest much more of a challenge and therefore quite a bit more fun that usual.

I'll probably keep this as my main character and my Slayer as backup for sheer mayhem factor.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I'll probably stick with slayer because I just love the class, once you get to around level 30 and have overhead smash glyphed and a wide range of moves they can become so quick on the attack and they are more powerful than warriors and almost as mobile.

However if queues get too annoying, i'll probably main warrior once QoA part 2 comes around that will allow Warriors to queue for tank in the dungeon finder, from what i've heard anyways. Both classes are good and fun in PvP so it's a toss up between them when battlegrounds arrive.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Lv52 Warrior. 

Will be playing a priest, slayer and berserker at some point in time.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I have a lvl 45 Priest on Dragonsfall :)

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

SLAYAAAAAA !!!!!!

• CitalkayCitalkay Member Posts: 141

Priest on Samael EU :3

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

I'm an Archer ....I call myself Golden Arrowboy and I prance around shooting all the meanies out there

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211

SLAYER :)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I'm a level 41 Berserker, I chose Berserker because I liked the idea of being able to take on solo groups and aoe groups easy, plus blocking is more of my thing than dodging is.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

38 Beserker here. I love the heavy dps and axe blocking. Very good in pve but also very hard in pvp.

Now the poll is looking much better, I was completely shocked at first by lancers running away with it, was going to ask what server you are all hiding on lol.

But as I thought, the slayers would eventually take over. Almost everyone is a slayer these days. :P

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

60 lancer, enjoy getting my ass kicked in end game dungeons. Freaken normal mode fane bosses all hits me 15k+... final boss hits me up to 43k+ i have like 80k hp......

Originally posted by rexzshadow

60 lancer, enjoy getting my ass kicked in end game dungeons. Freaken normal mode fane bosses all hits me 15k+... final boss hits me up to 43k+ i have like 80k hp......

Don't get hit lol, also fane is easy mode, Baldur hardmode will take you a while and once they release Kelsaiks nest(hopefully with political system, training grounds and the nexus), just...prepare your anus.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Now the poll is looking much better, I was completely shocked at first by lancers running away with it, was going to ask what server you are all hiding on lol.

But as I thought, the slayers would eventually take over. Almost everyone is a slayer these days. :P

Yep, Slayers pulled ahead, and zerkers and archers and priests finally got some love!

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384

Sorcerer. I tried Slayer on a beta but it got deleted so I tried sorcerer and stayed with that. Though sometimes I want to play melee the mage in this game is not so bad aside from some slow casting times on some stuns and strong attacks. I do love the teleport skill though wish the cooldown wasn't so long ;p

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Its because slayaaaaaa are badasses !!

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Don't get hit lol, also fane is easy mode, Baldur hardmode will take you a while and once they release Kelsaiks nest(hopefully with political system, training grounds and the nexus), just...prepare your anus.

Well fane refuse to drop any gear for me to progress to hard modes. Also our guilds core group haven't really tried for hard mode yet, they did fane hard mode but ya didn't have enough dps for the last boss, first boss is a dps race because pillar don't respawn, 2nd boss you have to use the boss to protect you, last boss you have 10mins to kill it before it does 4m dmg on everyone XD And Balder temple normal sucked so much already, first 3 boss is super easy but last boss is omg, last 30% dps race is so stupid. Wiped twice at 0.5% and 0.7% hp -.-