Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress test on Monday!

kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Just saw it on facebook, and I was just looking at the icon on my desktop thinking damn I wish I could log in!

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

~RB2

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

bummer.. you were beaten by 30 seconds

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!, I'm going to be working that day....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  This totally sucks.  I get off at 6pm PST.  Why monday? Why? WHY?!

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

*cough* *cough*

I think I feel a touch of the flu coming on.  The 24 hour variety...

• FyronovaFyronova Member Posts: 36

I haven't pre-purchase the game, will I be in it when I do before the event starts?

Thanks in advance!

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Time to pre-purchase!!!

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

Originally posted by Fyronova

I haven't pre-purchase the game, will I be in it when I do before the event starts?

Thanks in advance!

yes

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Hahah so first...why do a stress test on Monday when everyone is working?

And second, I already took off that day to be here for a maintenance person HAHAHAHA :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Looking forward to it, need my fix. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

This better not be the 1 beta we get for May...

Uhh... what?

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

20:00hours PM europe time(netherlands)

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by Auzy

What if this indicates they are ready for liftoff, and this is just to test engine and server optimization before that happens?

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

We here in europe are in luck its in the evening then.

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT) that's 8 o'clock in evening for us europeans(netherlands):)

Strange stress test on mondy and daytime for US?

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

.. .. ... The post on this and other forums are going crazy, jeez people its a ONE day BETA STRESS TEST, anyone who stays home for this or buys the game to get in this TEST is absolute totally addicted and should seek professional help.

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531

Originally posted by Eladi

.. .. ... The post on this and other forums are going crazy, jeez people its a ONE day BETA STRESS TEST, anyone who stays home for this or buys the game to get in this TEST is absolute totally addicted and should seek professional help.

Spoken as someone that has not played the game.  

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

What dates was the stress test in april? was it 1 week before the BWE or 2?

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

Originally posted by sk8chalif

What dates was the stress test in april? was it 1 week before the BWE or 2?

two

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

If you're wondering why the stress test on Monday - Diablo 3 releases on Tuesday.

They also had their first CBT when TERA had their Open Beta. Seems like their team is on top of the ball with trying to compete with competitors for attention.

Originally posted by helthros

If you're wondering why the stress test on Monday - Diablo 3 releases on Tuesday.

They also had their first CBT when TERA had their Open Beta. Seems like their team is on top of the ball with trying to compete with competitors for attention.

Also TSW's kind of open beta is this weekend

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Calm down guys! ^_^

They are obviously trying to short the lag issues and disconnects before the next Beta Event at the end of the month so it's actually a good thing to stress test before hand so we can have less issues in the next Beta Weekend. :)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Raekon

Calm down guys! ^_^

They are obviously trying to short the lag issues and disconnects before the next Beta Event at the end of the month so it's actually a good thing to stress test before hand so we can have less issues in the next Beta Weekend. :)

They probably need a quick review of their improvements, maybe releasedate is very soon, and they are pushing a few short betas just before that time.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Leodious

Originally posted by Auzy

What if this indicates they are ready for liftoff, and this is just to test engine and server optimization before that happens?

Conversely, they have also stated that while their goal is for one BWE per month, there's no guarentee there actually will be one per month.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

First stress test was on friday april 13th, about at the same hours as this one, and we got the first BWE 2 weeks afterwards. If I had to guess, they're getting ready for another BWE, probably on the weekend of the 18th or 25th (or maybe even june 1st), and are either testing to see if the problems they had the first day are fixed, or they got more servers to accomodate the people that pre-purchased after BWE1 and are doing this to test those new servers before the next beta.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

19.00 PM European Time it is. 11.00 AM (GMT-7) + 8 = 19.00?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

19.00 PM European Time it is. 11.00 AM (GMT-7) + 8 = 19.00?

And then there was daysavings time

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

Stress test for pre-purchase only... lol. Just another marketing gimmick to get people to pay full box price before the game officially releases. Why can't they come out and just say this is preview time? Why do they have to dress it up as if there are important works being done?

This discussion has been closed.