Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO is P2P

Comments

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Did you read the article?  I did.  I don't see anyone from Zenimax Online Studios stating the game will be pay to play.

"It is conceivable that Bethesda will launch with subscription service to attract the early adopters, because that’s the model they understand,” said Lovell, “I still believe that subscription games are on the way out. They will switch to free-to-play later, in the same way that many iOS games go from paid to freemium over their lifetime. EA is struggling with The Old Republic, [but] almost everyone else is transitioning to free-to-play"

It's a statement by a games analyst.  Somehow this dude manages to get paid for making statements like that.  How?  I don't know.  He is just guessing, as no one from Zenimax has said one or the either.

Also, the reason SWTOR is struggling has nothing to do with the payment model.  It's because the game is severely lacking in content and things to do post 50, along with other various factors.  But no totally...it's because the game is pay to play...

• Blackwater56Blackwater56 Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Worstluck

Did you read the article?  I did.  I don't see anyone from Zenimax Online Studios stating the game will be pay to play.

"It is conceivable that Bethesda will launch with subscription service to attract the early adopters, because that’s the model they understand,” said Lovell, “I still believe that subscription games are on the way out. They will switch to free-to-play later, in the same way that many iOS games go from paid to freemium over their lifetime. EA is struggling with The Old Republic, [but] almost everyone else is transitioning to free-to-play"

It's a statement by a games analyst.  Somehow this dude manages to get paid for making statements like that.  How?  I don't know.  He is just guessing, as no one from Zenimax has said one or the either.

Also, the reason SWTOR is struggling has nothing to do with the payment model.  It's because the game is severely lacking in content and things to do post 50, along with other various factors.  But no totally...it's because the game is pay to play...

Well to deviate a little, even a Blizzard dev for World of Warcraft said every MMO within the next 5 years will be free to play.

I think that's what this guy was talking about. F2P in general