Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Durable Necro build

belerenbeleren Member Posts: 63

Hello, 

I made a Necromancer build. My major concern was make it as durable as possible so I added life drain and Life Force generate skills and traits. What can you offer to make it better in that sense? ,

Here is my build: I am so sorry I wasn't aware that link demands personal information. 

I made it in another tool. Here it is: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3832004mihlr4oh910a00uu505u5v676bhlhq

Comments

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

Lol really your are trying to get access to peoples google accounts with this?

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Even though his set-up isn't properly linked, it isn't his site and google doesn't share password details with any external sites that go through it.

This is not a game.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

It will share your email address though and I'd rather not. There are other build editors that don't require Facebook sign in.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/forums/thread/311201/Guild-Wars-2-Build-Creator.html

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84

Yeah if the links are requesting access to anything there will be a lot of people wont touch them

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by kaco

Yeah if the links are requesting access to anything there will be a lot of people wont touch them

Thats right i didnt give a looks on his build because of that ^^

• belerenbeleren Member Posts: 63

Again I am so sorry about this issue. I wasn't aware it. I removed the first link and use another builder.

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3832004mihlr4oh910a00uu505u5v676bhlhq

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

More durable for THAT build then just add the Spectral Armor skill, if you wanna do the most durable build then half of that is bad, you should put points into Death Magic ( thougness ) and then add minions for skills so they will heal you when hit stuff.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

U forgot about the Spectral Armor... this will make u really tough !

U could get vampiric master instead of dagger mastery and change the skill spectral grasp for some nice pet so u can get more "life steal"

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by judex99

More durable for THAT build then just add the Spectral Armor skill, if you wanna do the most durable build then half of that is bad, you should put points into Death Magic ( thougness ) and then add minions for skills so they will heal you when hit stuff.

Yeah...I noticed during the BWE that a minion build was a lot easier to use, tougher, and more likely to get dogpiled than pretty much any other bild I tried in structured PvP.

Really though, to each, his own.  GW2 really lets you build the way you want to without being totally gimped like you could be in GW1...not that I ever had that problem after I figured out that minion masters don't really work in GW1 PvP (in general).

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

Interesting build... did you test it during beta?

Can't offer much advice, but Spectral Armor is worth a try for sure.

Hype train -> Reality

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

You've focused almost exclusively on health. You need to have better survivability in the way of utility and traits.

You don't currently have any way to break stun or avoid any kind of CC, and your only interrupt is on a 40 second recharge. You also have absolutely no condition removal at all.

I could make a bleed warrior that applies bleed 20 or more times with Flurry using traits, runes, and sigils, then use Shield Stance to block until the bleeds kill you off, and you'd have no way to counter it. Taking Consume Conditions would foil such a build pretty easily.

For weapons I would recommend Dagger/Warhorn and Scepter/Dagger. Off-hand dagger and warhorn increase your survivability a lot more than staff or focus. The cripple on scepter will also help you kite, which you will need to do at all times. Locust Swarm will help you stay close for dagger skills.

Remember, heals in this game will not sustain you. Under no situation will you be able to outheal someone's damage, so focusing on stealing health isn't going to keep you alive for long. You have to make sure you have ways to escape people's traps.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• nephren25nephren25 Member UncommonPosts: 143

and just wanted to post your pets die pretty easy 1 or 2 aoe's and they drop if there not up they cant give you life. just letting you know if you wanted to go MM im going to go a mix of MM and DS spec. but only gunna run 2 pets. but DS on 10 sec cool down is gunna be nice. at first i just found myself using DS when i was about to die but now im gunna change up my spec so i can use DS more for fighting and less for get away tool. yea man staff has good range but i didnt really like it unless your gunna spec condition dmg. main way i used staff is if somone was out of range pop chill mark infront of them and bam your on them again. or i would use my marks for kiteing ppl in wvw most ppl wont run around them and if you space them out as you run they cant dodge them all. but other than those times i ran axe/wh. axe had best dps imo and you didnt have to be ontop of them like you did with dagger. dagger offhand was nice too but warhorn is alot better for wvw i also didnt like septer but i need to get into it more. my vote would be necro and guard hardest class's to kill (if played well).

• My guess is that the must durable necro involves a combination of Death Shroud traits and weapons/utilities that generate alot of lifeforce quickly.

Things like traits that heal/remove conditions when DS is entered/left or the traits that change how much lifeforce you need or get and the one that let's you run faster in DS.

With the right build i suspects you can pop in and out of DS alot and create various effects when you do so.  I think scepter generated alot of lifeforce.  With a couple triats and utilities I bet it would be really frustrating.