Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Three-Faction PVP a la DAOC

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Originally posted by punkrock

Originally posted by Ilaya

Yeah.....

3 Faction PvP with Hero Engine.

Illum rings a Bell? *spit*

Can't be any good. 2013 will give proof of that. Until then, its the usual Marketing "blabla".

Northing of worth.

SWTOR was two faction with a fail model and nothing to do on there and no point

So you`re comment /fail

Plz use Brain mate.

3 Factions would even mean MORE Players (if so) and not "just" 2. U know what i mean? And Illum, even with 2 Factions, was PvP wise "pain in the butt" for nearly every PC.

No Fail.

To the posting above me; Even if modificated Hero Engine, it will not handle that much Polys in RvR.

But as said, i would be happy as you if they proof that wrong. But until then, SWTOR PvP on Hero Engine is the measurement. And that was Crap, laggy as Hell and so forth.

You have no idea, i used my brain just fine lad, you`re the one that needs to know the basic of 3 faction pvp. Not my fault you grew up with wow and it`s 2 faction type crap or SWTOR. You will be ok just do some reading and research then come back TC.

Jesus, are you this dumb?  He's not saying 3 faction pvp is bad, He's saying that the hero engine can barely handle 2 factions in one area and when you throw in a whole more faction of people things will turn to shit.

yeah but hes wrong

BIOWARE cant handle lots of players in one area, because - they DONT CARE, they care about single player story, they wanted to make kotor3, EA forced them to make a MMO.

• DrNo172000DrNo172000 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by mrcjevans

Pleaae tell me this is going to be an fps type game ala skyrim/darkfall/mo and not tab target :S

Please do the name justice! no t ab target crap!

To late man, they already said they are going to make it comfortable mechanics to mmo players.  "WoW Mechanics" was one of the exact quotes.

• Sabic133Sabic133 Member UncommonPosts: 46

So quick recap of this awesome PvP.. you fight for control points in one province, you are forced into a faction based on which race you choose, and the goal at the end is to fight a PvE dungeon city.. so that a random player who has the highest score can become the "emperor".. also the emperor title means nothing.   Sounds fun.

The guy who made the ilum comparison is spot on.  This just has fail all over it.

• AuzyAuzy Member UncommonPosts: 611

...to quick to judge this game

Uhh... what?

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Originally posted by Sabic133

So quick recap of this awesome PvP.. you fight for control points in one province, you are forced into a faction based on which race you choose, and the goal at the end is to fight a PvE dungeon city.. so that a random player who has the highest score can become the "emperor".. also the emperor title means nothing.   Sounds fun.

The guy who made the ilum comparison is spot on.  This just has fail all over it.

NOT!

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

From what ive seen i think i wont enjoy TES online....

sad but true

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by drel

Originally posted by Sabic133

NOT!

I lol'd

• HurricanePipHurricanePip Member Posts: 167
    Thumbs up for 3 faction pvp. However, why do the factions have to be by race? It still fractures the playerbase if done like WoW, TOR and Rift. I think GW2 is going to nail 3 faction pvp and become the gold standard going forward.

Personally, I find it mind boggling that people enjoy current MMO pvp with faction imbalances and gear descrepencies.

If you don't worry about it, it's not a problem.

• lilwinslilwins Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Czanrei

Yeah.....

Can't be any good. 2013 will give proof of that. Until then, its the usual Marketing "blabla".

Northing of worth.

First off, SWTOR had only two factions. Secondly, BW doesn't use the traditional Hero engine, they use a gutted version of it that they botched. If you doubt it, read BW's own interview discussion about it. 

They aren't even using an actual release of the Hero Engine, they are using a prototype of it. People still don't get why SWTOR failed, it isn't because of the Hero Engine, it's because Bioware in their arrogance, bought an unfinished engine in it's prototype stage and then claimed that they had tons of developers and coders that could finish it while developing their game.The actual finished Hero Engine doesn't suck, it's the prototype that Bioware kept butchering when they were developing SWTOR that does.

• BlakkrskyrrBlakkrskyrr Member Posts: 230

saddened there aren't the dwemer in this installment :(

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Reizla

FIXED factions..? I'll pass... If TES online would be a REAL sandbox like the RPG-series, it SHOULD NOT have fixed factions. Let players make their own factions like they should in a real sandbox FFS!

Another Free For All PvP ganker crying cause he cant kill anyone he wants in a theme park MMO.  Its like you can tell and show someone that something is RED and their first reponse is complaining its not BLUE.

Wasted breath bro, this is not the SANDBOX your looking for go complain somewhere else.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

oh god hero engine looks like trash and run terrible

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I just don't get the race to faction locking.

• UWNVMEUWNVME Member UncommonPosts: 174

I've turned against faction-based PvP in MMO's simply because it just doesn't work. Nothing ever ends up balanced and DAOC was no an exception. I'ts always the same thing on each server, with one faction completely stomping out the other. It didn't work in WoW, didn't work in WAR, and it didn't work in SWTOR either, it's not gonna work here either.

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56

If ESO does end up being a linear theme-park  game, then that would be enough for me not to play regardless if it had excellent 3 faction pvp.   I thought Rift was going to be a pretty cool MMO, then I found out that you go from point A to point B all the way to lvl 50.

I want freedom to go where I want to  and face the consequences if its too much to handle.  

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Appealing to pvpers is bad policy. They are never happy, never.

If you give them world pvp, they're upset because they want competitive pvp and "meaningful rewards" but without any grinding.

If you give them BG's and Arena's, they're upset because they want "meaningful" world pvp in which they can actively impact and control the environment.

If you buff class A, everyone who can't easily beat that class whines. If you nerf class A, everyone playing that class threatens to quit or rerolls to whatever other class is "most powerful" at the time.

If you give them FFA PvP, then they complain that one super guild is zerging everyone and that it's "not real pvp".

If you give them 2 faction PvP, they complain because it's not three faction PvP.

If you give them 3 faction PvP, they complain because one side is more popular and ruins pvp balance (which also happens in 2 faction pvp).

If you make the combat action oriented, they complain that it's mindless "FPS" style gameplay with little time for strategy and tactics.

If you make the combat tab target, they complain that it's stale and requires "no skill".

If you give them full loot or similar, they complain because there's no "carrot" to aspire to and it's pvp for no reason.

If you just let them respawn, they complain it's easymode and there's no fear of dying.

blah blah blah and so on. PvPers can't be pleased.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

*take random game that failed, slap on name of well known/liked liscence, re-market failed work as 'new and best eeeevvaaahhhhh', profit!*

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Yeah.....

Northing of worth.

SWTOR was two faction with a fail model and nothing to do on there and no point

So you`re comment /fail

Plz use Brain mate.

3 Factions would even mean MORE Players (if so) and not "just" 2. U know what i mean? And Illum, even with 2 Factions, was PvP wise "pain in the butt" for nearly every PC.

No Fail.

To the posting above me; Even if modificated Hero Engine, it will not handle that much Polys in RvR.

But as said, i would be happy as you if they proof that wrong. But until then, SWTOR PvP on Hero Engine is the measurement. And that was Crap, laggy as Hell and so forth.

You have no idea, i used my brain just fine lad, you`re the one that needs to know the basic of 3 faction pvp. Not my fault you grew up with wow and it`s 2 faction type crap or SWTOR. You will be ok just do some reading and research then come back TC.

Jesus, are you this dumb?  He's not saying 3 faction pvp is bad, He's saying that the hero engine can barely handle 2 factions in one area and when you throw in a whole more faction of people things will turn to shit.

yeah but hes wrong

BIOWARE cant handle lots of players in one area, because - they DONT CARE, they care about single player story, they wanted to make kotor3, EA forced them to make a MMO.

I get that everyone wants to villify EA for everything, but how did EA force Bioware to make it an MMO? Bioware had writers working on it a year before EA even bought them. That kinda gives the impression that one of the reasons EA bought Bioware is because they had the project lined up.

EA may suck, but they did'nt force BIoware into TOR.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Originally posted by Rhonen

Why must every MMORPG that comes out have to cater to the PvP crowd?  Can't they just make a great PvE game stand on it's own and let all the PvP'ers just go elsewhere?

we've had 8 years of been shoveled PVE quest hub to quest hub then switch to raiding orientated games.  Its about time you guys got to feel some of the pain.

We've had 8 years of whiners stomping their feet like little children pitching a fit wanting to cram PvP into games that were never intened for PvP.  I'm sick and tired of seeing people in forums crying about not having "this" type of PvP in a this game or that game and how everything would be SO much better if PvP were implemented into Game "X".

Some games were designed with PvP in mind and some were not but you can never get the PvP'er satisfied since they have "just got to have PvP".  If you PvP'ers out there want PvP so badly then join one of the many games you PvP'ers have already ruined by you begging the developers to implement it after the fact.

• AlbredAlbred Member UncommonPosts: 48

Norse Shadowzerker all day

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Vampero
    3 Faction PvP is the only way to go !!!!

Why not 6?

Originally posted by gilgamesh42
    oh god hero engine looks like trash and run terrible
    Based on what facts?

Originally posted by Reizla
    FIXED factions..? I'll pass... If TES online would be a REAL sandbox like the RPG-series, it SHOULD NOT have fixed factions. Let players make their own factions like they should in a real sandbox FFS!
    I'm inclined to like that idea but i think they would run in to many problems trying to implement that.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

Very excited about this news.  Matt Firor is the man, people may not know him these days, but he was the producer of DAOC from start until 2006.  He was directly involved in all design decisions for DAOC, so he knows RvR.  He did not follow Mythic to EA, if he did, Warhammer Online probably would've turned out a lot better.

People who liked DAOC should rightfully be excited about having Matt Firor as the director for TES Online.  TES Online will be more of a successor to DAOC than WAR ever was.  I have no idea how the rest of the game will pan out.  But knowing Matt Firor is heading this title makes me excited about this MMO.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• KisraKisra Member Posts: 8

First thing i tho about when i read Elder Scroll going to be online is.

1- skyrim might have 1 or 2 MAX dlc that if there is any

2-SAD , coz they will stop the RPG elder scroll

3-if 2nd happen , we are losing the AWESOME world of the RPG games

4-i am really sure i saw some one from Elder scroll TEAM said they will not make it Online answering for the question's of some ppl(i had great respect for him for saying that) but now ...... !

5-who does great RPG game , might SUX big time in making MMO special if its his first time

6-it seems pointless of thinking about it they will rune it.(make it) PFF they better make it good with the good things we love in the RPG (which is impossible for online) Example: the adv it self where ever you go you never know what you can see or find!

7-What the F@#$ ever ...

• GoresonGoreson Member Posts: 122

Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Vampero

3 Faction PvP is the only way to go !!!!

why not 6?

3 factions is simple perfection: usually one faction will be stronger than the other(s) (see 2 faction games)

Having 3 factions will allow the weaker factions to team up against the stronger one.

Or if 2 factions are about equally strong and the 3rd faction is (much) weaker, just wait for the 2 big dog to rip each others throat out, and then the underdog comes in for the killing blow.

In short: 3 factions means the underdog(s) will have its/their day!

More factions and it starts to get complicated: "So, with faction 4 about half as strong as faction 1 and faction 2 about twice as strong as faction 3, should faction 6 join up with faction 5? Or maybe 4 and 1 to take on 5? 3 +1 + 4 + 6? Or 2 + 4 + 5? 1 + 2 + 3 + 6? - you get the idea...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.