Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official forums have been wiped

Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Read into it what you will but I personally am hoping for a BWE announcement for this weekend.

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I hope not, I'll be at the inlaws all weekend :(

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

That said last week that they would wipe the forums clean once they had aquired all the information they needed. 

If I was a betting man I would say next BWE will take place weekend of June 1st.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894

They won't do a BWE on mother's day weekend. They could be preparing for memorial day weekend... or, trying to thread the holiday weekends and going with the weekend of the 19th.

• telexxtelexx Member Posts: 26

I would put my money on the 18th weekend since Arenanet is an american company and they will need staff ready.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

That would make me happy. New computer will be in tommorow and would be able to test WvW finially. 

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

no you fools..lol..

they invited you to the beta weekend so everyone would have the game up to snuff for release and they got you to buy it so they could give you the three days early to prevent the overload of the servers.

release date is this friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or not..

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I just checked... there's no beta running right now.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• It gets more interesting:

Sorry! Guild Wars 2 is currently soldout.

To ensure the highest quality service we have temporarily limited the number of copies of Guild Wars 2.

As more capacity becomes available, we will make Guild Wars 2 available for sale again.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our retail partners , who may still have copies available.

or not ... who knows what it means :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

My guess is 25-27th of may. Long enough for them to add something new but not too far from the first BWE.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Delvie

It gets more interesting:

To ensure the highest quality service we have temporarily limited the number of copies of Guild Wars 2.

As more capacity becomes available, we will make Guild Wars 2 available for sale again.

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our retail partners , who may still have copies available.

Either have they some issues of getting enough servers in time for next beta events or they try to make people really want it.

Wow released a limited number here the first few months, I had buddies who visited every game store in town trying to find one. If that was a technical thing or PR is hard to say, same about this.

• KhamandeKhamande Member UncommonPosts: 6

Yup, I was thinking the same thing also 25-27

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

In the meantime, we encourage you to visit our retail partners , who may still have copies available.

Wait... again? They had opened it up after saying it "sold out" the last BWE. I can see them in ArenaNet...

"So... how many servers are we up to now?"

"One hundred."

"Did you see the latest numbers from reopening the latest pre-purchase?"

"No"

"Look"

"Shit. We're going to need more servers. Shut it down for now."

Oderint, dum metuant.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Loke666

My guess is 25-27th of may. Long enough for them to add something new but not too far from the first BWE.

I really don't see them doing it on the Memorial Day weekend - but who knows.

Most likely dates would be the 18th or June 1st, however they DID tweet that it was their goal for one a month, but that doesn't mean there will be one a month as circumstances change.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334

They need time to incorporate at least some of the feedback from the first BWE - I feel sure they will do something about overflow, for example.

Not this weekend, probably not Memorial Day weekend.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

This seems to be a NA issue only, checked on EU each time people said it's sold out and it was all fine. People from NA bought more I guess.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

The sold out thing is probably to make sure server capacity is fine for the new BWE or something. They "sold out" of digital copies just before the last BWE.

• ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Originally posted by Volkon

Wait... again? They had opened it up after saying it "sold out" the last BWE. I can see them in ArenaNet...

"So... how many servers are we up to now?"

"One hundred."

"Did you see the latest numbers from reopening the latest pre-purchase?"

"No"

"Look"

"Shit. We're going to need more servers. Shut it down for now."

Someone more capable than me make a Demotivational poster w/ Capt. Kirk and Scotty

"Scotty, I need more servers!!"

"But captain, I'm givin you all she's got! I dunno how much longer she'll hold together!"

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by rungard

no you fools..lol..

they invited you to the beta weekend so everyone would have the game up to snuff for release and they got you to buy it so they could give you the three days early to prevent the overload of the servers.

release date is this friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or not..

haha, if the release date was this friday i dont know if it was going to be good or not...

• ZolbZolb Member UncommonPosts: 53

Originally posted by Eliandal

Originally posted by Loke666

I really don't see them doing it on the Memorial Day weekend - but who knows.

Most likely dates would be the 18th or June 1st, however they DID tweet that it was their goal for one a month, but that doesn't mean there will be one a month as circumstances change.

either of those 2 weekends would be perfect for me as i will be off work!