Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

active player base, solid pvp, and can level by actually grouping?

slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 413Member Uncommon

Any games out there that fit this description?

Would like to try something new.  Looking for a game that has people playing, has decent pvp, and where I won't have to solo to max level before actually interacting with people.

Thanks.

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon

Sadly since wow nothing like this really exists anymore. They all mostly glorified single player games till your at cap. Actually I can think of one: City of Heroes/villians, its currently f2p but well worth the sub. Not sure how good the pvp is, pvp in it is more of a afterthought, but it has the other 2 things you mentioned (and some people love the pvp in coh). Has a pretty good char creation system as well, and lots of diffrent powersets and such to choose. Its worth a shot if you never played it.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ErgloadErgload GV, OHPosts: 374Member

check out Warhammer: Age of Reckoning

lvl 1 - 10 is f2p  so you can just do tier 1 pvp forever. lots and lots of twinks so far. apparently since tier 1 is free, tier 2 and tier 3 are a dead grind and then theres lots of action in tier 4 with all of the subscribers.

theres like no dungeons in the game (so far) and im up to lvl 16 (i subscribed so i can advance past all the tier 1 twinks, which is their plan). just run around in the open and you can join parties that are close by you, so while you're out exploring you can just join a group of players without having to be invited.

theres also Iron Realms MUDs which fit everything you want (playerbase, solid pvp, group levelling) but they are MUDs

Currently playing: Achaea
  • BadSpockBadSpock Somewhere, MIPosts: 7,974Member

Originally posted by slowpoke68

Would like to try something new.  Looking for a game that has people playing, has decent pvp, and where I won't have to solo to max level before actually interacting with people.

Thanks.

Guild Wars 2 (when it's released)

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Porto FerreiraPosts: 405Member Uncommon

Originally posted by slowpoke68

Thanks.

Wait for GW2 looks just perfect to u

• karmathkarmath Posts: 827Member Uncommon

Doesnt exist.

• slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 413Member Uncommon

LOL.  Thanks guys.  I loved WAR, good suggestion, but I read the game is completely dead or I would give that another go.  Already preordered GW2. 

I guess great minds think alike!

Thanks for the tip about COH.  I will look into that one.