Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard give me wow with TERA online graphic and i stay faithfull to you for another 7 years

palulalulapalulalula Member UncommonPosts: 651

I am back to wow after i tried so many other games . even my beloved SWTOR. I know haters gonna hate this like always but numbers speaks for themselves. Everything else what i have tried is just so poor compared to wow. It is simply best classic mmorpg pvp with so interesting classes to play. I can tell you how good it is if i say that i leveled now all classes to 85 and i am not bored. So many battlegrounds so many achivements where you get something for reward, awesome huge lands with some kind of special mystical aura and magic sound of forgoten lands. Now we have Darkmoon Faire and i want so hard to get that mount, you can play so many interesting  mini games to get  Darkmoon prize tickets, it is so awesome and so unique that world of wow. What i would like to see is something like Tera online graphic--well, that would rock and make wow really immortal

Comments

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

And Tera's combat system.

• GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263

And dynamic events.

And GvG.

And WvWvW.

And... no wait image

JK, Iove WoW as I love some of  the upcoming games image

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

All Blizzard needs to do is revamp the character models and people will be playing WoW for the next ten years.

Imagine if all the orc models were revamped like this thrall model was...

(Before you talk crap about the world textures this is wow on medium low settings on a laptop.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• descrethdescreth Member Posts: 21

Are you kidding me? TERA's graphics were beyond bad. 

Give something graphically like Crysis on DX11 or BF3 at max maybe and then you can talk.

And as for TERA's combat system - that's pretty damn bad too, it's not full on real time and the dodging/evading doesn't always work as it's meant to, which is hilarious because of the fact that it runs on the Unreal engine, which you'd think they'd find a way to make that happen.

As much as I hate WoW, it still has a strong subscriber base while TERA's is dying and will sink just like swtor has.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

Interesting. I think Tera is the best looking MMO so far, not to mention the combat system. :)

• BigAndShinyBigAndShiny Member Posts: 176

I just cannot for the life of me understand why Blizzard don't do this.  

They are making over a BILLION dollars every year from WoW, and it would cost maximum 50 million imho to texture the world in not TOR quality, not GW2 quality but proper modern game quality.  If WoW looked better than TOR, there would be no reason to play it.   I realistically just don't understand why Blizz cannot just spend 5% of their annual income from WoW on a good investment for the future. 

Originally posted by BigAndShiny

They are making over a BILLION dollars every year from WoW, and it would cost maximum 50 million imho to texture the world in not TOR quality, not GW2 quality but proper modern game quality.  If WoW looked better than TOR, there would be no reason to play it.   I realistically just don't understand why Blizz cannot just spend 5% of their annual income from WoW on a good investment for the future. 

They are already working on a character model revamp. They already updated the world textures, shadows, lighting, particle effects. There will always be a new game that looks better but right now WoW looks nice with the exception of the old world character models. All of the old races need a revamp to match the worgen, goblins, and new city boss models.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by BigAndShiny

Yeah, they really should. I don´t think it would prolong the games popularity by 7 1/2 years but it would by 3-4 and that is not bad either. To get another 7 1/2 years they need to add more things.

My guess is that they already started on Wow 2, it is the only sensible reason I can think of unless Activision plan to kill the goose that lays golden eggs to save a few bucks this year.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Lol replace a crappy game graphics and you gonne play for another 7 years unbelievable can't believe what im reading here.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

completly over hauling a graphics engine isnt as simple as that.

The only mmo I know thats ever done it is Eve, and thats taken some 3 years of gradual implementation.

But I agree with your sentiments, CCP (Eve developer) has a paultry 300k subs, Blizzard should have the resources to do it.  But while they have 10mil subs and no sign of people leaving then they probably take the stance "why should we?"

But its not just the graphics quality, the graphics STYLE in Tera is radically different too, its very adult. 

Your never going to see this in any blizzard game

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/sadefrontsza.png/

Their target audience are young gamers.

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

Lol replace a crappy game graphics and you gonne play for another 7 years unbelievable can't believe what im reading here.

Wow still has the best gameplay on the market. Its combat is far superior to any mmos combat that came after it (out of the tab target systems). It has thousands of hours of content, dozens of leveling paths through its massive world, the most endgame content out of any mmo released after 2005. 

Hell... the classes are near flawlessly executed and the pvp while hated by many here is considered a successful E-sport.

Yes all the game needs is a slight graphical overhaul for it to stay as the dominant force in the genre for the next decade.

• Ashen_XAshen_X Member Posts: 363

I did not particularly enjoy WoW during the couple of months that I tried it, but I have several friends who would go back if the character models were better.

My question, since I have read any number of comments that part of WoW's success is due to its low system requirements, would a significant upgrade in graphics gain enough subscribers to offset any lost due to related increased system reqs ?

When all has been said and done, more will have been said than done.

Originally posted by Ashen_X

I did not particularly enjoy WoW during the couple of months that I tried it, but I have several friends who would go back if the character models were better.

My question, since I have read any number of comments that part of WoW's success is due to its low system requirements, would a significant upgrade in graphics gain enough subscribers to offset any lost due to related increased system reqs ?

With the new lighting/shadows engine and the revamped particle effects WoW while still having the ability to be played on a old system can really tax a newer computer on full settings. The game is actually pretty CPU dependant. 

Since WoW released its doubled its minimum spec requirments with the additions of expansions. I dont see how a texture revamp of character models could put any more strain on someones PC as it already does. 

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

To be honest, WoW's graphics are only one of several issues. Seems to me, the content that Blizzard keeps adding is not substantial enough to support even 3 years of solid gameplay let alone 7.

The fact remains, once you get to max level there are still the same boring old raids and end game grinds. That hasn't changed and is not enough to hold off players for 7 more years.

• Xstatic912Xstatic912 Member Posts: 365

Originally posted by palulalula

I am back to wow after i tried so many other games . even my beloved SWTOR. I know haters gonna hate this like always but numbers speaks for themselves. Everything else what i have tried is just so poor compared to wow. It is simply best classic mmorpg pvp with so interesting classes to play. I can tell you how good it is if i say that i leveled now all classes to 85 and i am not bored. So many battlegrounds so many achivements where you get something for reward, awesome huge lands with some kind of special mystical aura and magic sound of forgoten lands. Now we have Darkmoon Faire and i want so hard to get that mount, you can play so many interesting  mini games to get  Darkmoon prize tickets, it is so awesome and so unique that world of wow. What i would like to see is something like Tera online graphic--well, that would rock and make wow really immortal

Won't happen.. Blizz aim is to get WoW running on a many system as possible without users feeling the need to upgrade...

Heck even D3 or Starcraft don't stress a system..  Its there style when making a engine to make it easy on the system but also pretty to some extent...

Originally posted by Vocadi

To be honest, WoW's graphics are only one of several issues. Seems to me, the content that Blizzard keeps adding is not substantial enough to support even 3 years of solid gameplay let alone 7.

The fact remains, once you get to max level there are still the same boring old raids and end game grinds. That hasn't changed and is not enough to hold off players for 7 more years.

Expansions that add more levels, zones, dungeon, raids, battle grounds, arenas, gameplay mechanics , races & classes sure will. Next expansions adds in a new continent, Race, class, raids, BGs, arena, Pet battles and other shit.

Also WoW is very easily modded by Blizzard they can steal a mechanic from any mmo and make it their own.

I think people forget how amazing Blizzard really is. THese guys make the best games be it Rpg, RTS or MMO. 

How hard would it be for them to add in voice acting to wows future expansions to crush SWTOR? Or world events similar to RIFT or WAR if they wanted to? Blizzard can take whatever they want and do it better than the developers they stole it from. this is why the game has over 10 million active players and SWTOR & RIFT are sitting there with empty, dead servers.

Well if you looking for gear progression then yea you go that route.. There are person out there that won't raid but find other stuff to do @ max (eg max fishing or play collector and try to collect all pets...). May not be fun to you but other have used it to past there time without worrying about gear progression.

True be told, dev's can never have enough stuff to do @ end game to please all.. If they have stuff and make those stuff take like 3months to aquire etc, then persons will complain that is asking too much, and maybe even quit..

Originally posted by Z3R01

Expansions that add more levels, zones, dungeon, raids, battle grounds, arenas, gameplay mechanics , races & classes sure will. Next expansions adds in a new continent, Race, class, raids, BGs, arena, Pet battles and other shit.

Also WoW is very easily modded by Blizzard they can steal a mechanic from any mmo and make it their own.

I think people forget how amazing Blizzard really is. THese guys make the best games be it Rpg, RTS or MMO. 

How hard would it be for them to add in voice acting to wows future expansions to crush SWTOR? Or world events similar to RIFT or WAR if they wanted to? Blizzard can take whatever they want and do it better than the developers they stole it from. this is why the game has over 10 million active players and SWTOR & RIFT are sitting there with empty, dead servers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair WoW has dead servers too, mainly becuase blizz has given the population so many servers to choose from is ridiculous and also active play time has gone down, which blizz expected..

That being said, your sooooooooo right about blizz coping person idea and improving on it. It makes you wonder how the ones that came up with the idea didn't see it..  

a bit off topic but does anyone know why Bioware didn't use unreal engine for Tor..

Because in Tera, it seems to be come than capable to handle the tasks..

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

While happy for You, sadly, for me, graphics are the lowest priority when it comes to MMOs, and WoW has more prbolems than just visuals. 

Dumbed dwon, overly streamlined, repetitive, gear grind oriented, static gameplay is simply not something that I am able ot enjoy anymore. It's been fun those few years ago, but time moved forward and it simply stopped being fun. Not to mention fully tab target combat, watered down storyline, content quality going downw ith each following expansion, constant nerf cycles, constant tendency to make content obsolate, lack of actual challenge ... yeah. I'lls top here. 

WoW had it's time for me but I happily said goodbye to it and not planning to return at any point in history. There is nothing Blizzard can do to make me interested at this point without redesigning the whole game from scratch, which will never happen. 

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by sadeyx

But its not just the graphics quality, the graphics STYLE in Tera is radically different too, its very adult. 

I think it is the other way around, games like tera target younger gamers while WoW targets everyone.

Using a low quality graphics engine does target everyone.  Which was their reason for the poor graphics in Diablo 3.

But Blizzard have never used sex in any of their games to sell it.   If you feel that kids are attracted to sex then you have a very strange mind.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Aori

I think it is the other way around, games like tera target younger gamers while WoW targets everyone.

Using a low quality graphics engine does target everyone.  Which was their reason for the poor graphics in Diablo 3.

But Blizzard have never used sex in any of their games to sell it.   If you feel that kids are attracted to sex then you have a very strange mind.

12-15 year kids , especially boys are very interested and attracted in nudity , sex ,etc 

You was not interested in girls /womans body.  Watching Playboy magazines ,etc at that age?

I clearly remember me and almost all my 'pals' beign very interested in nudity , sex ,etc topic at age 12 and more.

Actually some of girls I knew were also interested in boys, diffrences between sexes ,etc  at that age. They just showed it less obviously and in diffrent ways.

Chemistry , hormones just normal part of growing up to start to show interest in that kind of things like nudity ,etc 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Won't happen because WoW is designed to cater to the lowest common denominator in terms of player skill and pc specs. Mostly player skill though.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

If you feel that kids are attracted to sex then you have a very strange mind.

I was getting laid at 15, whats so strange about that? 

With statements like that one would assume that you have a very sheltered point of view.