Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How in the hell is this top voted(released)/most popular on this site!?

descrethdescreth Member Posts: 21

The game is beyond terrible and it's dying fast in subscription rates, so how exactly is this top voted/played?

Or is mmorpg.com's top voted/most popular information inaccurate?

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by descreth

Bingo.

It's frequently manipulated.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

The game is beyond terrible and it's dying fast in subscription rates, so how exactly is this top voted/played?

You realise its still in the free month right.

Bahahahahahaha.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

no there was a topic on tera forum to come to this site and vote and give 10 in every aspect :P

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is not that bad, but this is the "shiny new game month" so the scores are always higher then it should be the first month.

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Originally posted by sacredfool

Originally posted by marcust

Bahahahahahaha.

Well... it is manipulated but yeh, the OP is trolling.

well - not trolling - saying his conclusion from playing the game....

I agree with him :-)

Just my 2 cents...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Orrrr maybe some people actually enjoy the game for what it is ?

I must admit im not one of those people..

• SfaliaraSfaliara Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by Shaike

Originally posted by sacredfool

Originally posted by marcust

Bahahahahahaha.

Well... it is manipulated but yeh, the OP is trolling.

well - not trolling - saying his conclusion from playing the game....

I agree with him :-)

Apparently most dont. And OP comes off with an aggressive and trollish vibe that makes him look like a troll.

• WhyspreWhyspre Member UncommonPosts: 64

Actually, it was done, just to piss you off. The only question is whether you have a cerebral hemorrhage or a heart attack. My money is on the hemorrhage.

RASPUTIN

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

We are still in the first month!

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Because looking at the list next to it of the first 5 below it, Tera is much better than those.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well if the GW2 fans would stay off of their forum they wouldn't take as many hits! :D 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

I'll reply as if it wasn't a troll attempt.

Its because it is FUN. Its fresh(the combat, not the quests) it looks beautiful, and its freaking smooth to play. Its like why DCUO was doing well its first month(But DCUO bunked out on its 2nd month and pretty much went f2p due to utter lack of content)

Tera has its failings, but imo, stack it up against that garbage that comes out and gets 9.8 ratings

(*COUGH*SWTOR*COUGH*)

Its definatly hte better, and higher quality choice. Pretty much, I admit, its just wow with better combat(And some questionable 'sprite' choices.. but hey its korean and i guess that flies there)

Give it 3-4 more months, then have a look. I am betting it will have a solid, yet small(ish) playerbase, but likley more than some of the 'others' do.

GW2 will prob cap out with more players given time, but thats only because its 'new' also, but more of the same(Shocking to older gamers, but companies are scared white with the thought of doing something diffrent, so until somebody takes a risk and hits the mark, we gonna be stuck with wow'esque games for the next few years)

• ShaikeShaike Member UncommonPosts: 301

Originally posted by otacu

We are still in the first month!

i really don't understand what you are trying to say..... Game is out... They took the money....

and i am sorry - i really really didn't like graphics, didn't like the classes (it's like you are forced to only play one char which is good - you all know what it is or you haven't played this game enough...) and you cannot switch roles

Ohh - holy trinity sucks!!!! and this game keeps relying on healers and a very very good tank to keep everyone alive - i hated games like that before and this game is the worse one of them all.

Not to mention you actually have to Grind for Gear since lvl1... and all quests are more or less teh same

The idea is very good - implementation not so... maybe in a few months or a lot more i will revisit this game. Now i wouldn't even call it finished nor play a second more.....

Just my 2 cents...

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

That list has two sides. One is the obvious, how well liked a game is. but the other is the flipside, how hated is the game? I think Tera is one of thos games that doesnt get a lot of hate. Lot of people might think its terrible, but thats not enough to get them to bother voting it down. They dont want to see it fail, so much as just not play it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• bimekbimek Member Posts: 6

Tera does what most MMOs these days dont do... it makes fun!  ... No singleplayer mmo like SWTOR, no Quest-reading to death, no autoattack or button smasher, no dumb tab thru targets.....

Yes its a grinder, but WTF... it makes so much fun :-I) and levelspeed with quests/dungeons/ BAMs is very good, even if you have a job and family :-)

I´m sure Tera will find and keep its players, the Combat System and graphic are outstandng at the moment  !!

I bought it for waiting on D3, now I canceled my pre-order on D3... :-)

my 2cp

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

OP is trolling. End of story.

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

Just another trolling post guys.

Can you beleive he posted that tera´s graphics are beyond bad? HILARIOUS

Dont feed the troll guys....

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

The game is not losing it is gaining. Our guild keeps growing everyday compared to all the other junk mmo's where our guild shrank over time.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by Vhaln

That list has two sides. One is the obvious, how well liked a game is. but the other is the flipside, how hated is the game? I think Tera is one of thos games that doesnt get a lot of hate. Lot of people might think its terrible, but thats not enough to get them to bother voting it down. They dont want to see it fail, so much as just not play it.

I'm not sure I'm following.  The two lists I see are Top Voted games and Most Viewed Games.  Within the top voted games you have unreleased "hype meter," and the top rated released games (which TERA is tops on at the moment).  The most viewed games list is simply how many hits that games forum has gotten.  So, I'm not sure I'm following how one of them is how hated a game is?

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Seeing as how every MMO nowadays is just down right terrible and the majority of us aren't even playing them, is there ANY at all that are worth playing? I see TSW and GW2, yet I just see both of them failing in the end.

What are you guys playing? What do you reccomend?

and finding this, and 100% of your posts being 'this game sucks, its horrible, how does it manage' with about half of THOSE about tera, I think if it smells like sh!t, looks like sh!t, I better not taste it :P

Troll is troll :D

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Yeah but to be fair, for quite a long time DARKFALL was #1 here..

Yeah I mean I (want to) love that game and hope one day they actually release 2.0 etc, but their forums have like 100 people on them, no way they organized a 'raid' on the charts.

Something is skewiff, off kilter, as it were.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

Seeing as how every MMO nowadays is just down right terrible and the majority of us aren't even playing them, is there ANY at all that are worth playing? I see TSW and GW2, yet I just see both of them failing in the end.

What are you guys playing? What do you reccomend?

and finding this, and 100% of your posts being 'this game sucks, its horrible, how does it manage' with about half of THOSE about tera, I think if it smells like sh!t, looks like sh!t, I better not taste it :P

Troll is troll :D

It does sort of look like the OP either joined the forums (or made an alt account) simply to bash TERA.

And looking at this post, I question whether the OP likes MMO's at all, since it would appear he really doesn't.

Perhaps a different genre is in order?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There is very likely only minor overlap between this site's forum crowd and visitors to the rest of the site. You'll find that most MMO gamers neither care about nor rage about half the stuff in the bittervet circles.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SlheyasSlheyas Member UncommonPosts: 83

This game's pretty damn fun! As long as you don't do quests! (BAMs give more than enough xp to make up for it, and it's so freaking fun)

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

There are just many players who like this game and rate it high.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

This discussion has been closed.