Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 delayed at least till 28th September

DalaimocDalaimoc Member UncommonPosts: 29

According to a message from amazon, release of GW 2 has been delayed till Sept. 28.

Comments

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382

According to ArenaNet Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a release date yet.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

No date is real until Anet confirms one. Amazon most likely just shifted its placeholder date.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

First thing - it can't be delayed if it haven't got a release date in first place. 

Second thing - it's still most likely Amazons estimate, however August or September do seem like probable release date considering everything. 

• DalaimocDalaimoc Member UncommonPosts: 29

Let me rephrase -

Amazon Germany sent a msg to its pre-order customers.  It translates :

"Dear Customer,

we are sorry to inform you, that we received a notification from the Publisher, that the so far estimated release won't be met and the game won't be released until at least the 28th Sept. We will inform you, if the date will change again.

regards, blabla"

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The headline is from Amazon.de, the German Amazon site, which was one of the few Amazon affiliates to put up a placeholder date. Their new date is just another placeholder, as obviously Arenanet have not announced a release date. (They also sent an email out to people who had pre-ordered/pre-purchased that they would not be able to meet the original late June date, based on communication from the publisher).

My take is that the new date is as much a guess as the old date and that the "new information" from the publisher could have just been a cimmunication from Arenanet to Amazon.de to remind them that they have not set an official release date yet. For 3what ever reason, Amazon.de feels the need to attach a release date to their listing, even though there currently is no release date. This doesn't tell us anything beyond the fact that Amazon.de is willing to just make up release dates, like some other major e-tailers.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

Corporate bullshit lol. They never had a date. EVER. They made one up, now it passed, so they made a new one up.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Good, I have lots of work to do until September =)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Good, I have lots of work to do until September =)

Plus theres all that extra time to polish, iterate and optimize.  Just hoping that TSW and D3 can keep me occupied till then.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by romanator0

According to ArenaNet Guild Wars 2 doesn't have a release date yet.

This ^.

3rd party sites have to put a date up, because.. well they have to. They can't just sell a product without saying when you'll get it (or at least give some type of timeframe.)

So, for now, I wouldn't listen too much to those dates. While it is clear that Anet is giving them estimates, on which to base their timeframes on, that's all it is. Estimates. Anet has not locked itself into a release date yet, and they are still trying to judge the game's feedback against what they have the time / money to accomplish.

I'm actually glad it got pushed back. Gives them a decent amount of time to improve the game.

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Means absolutely nothing^^

• GuelyGuely Member Posts: 114

I'd be more convinced if they said the 25th.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Good, more time for play D3 :)

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

Originally posted by wartyxwt

Corporate bullshit lol. They never had a date. EVER. They made one up, now it passed, so they made a new one up.

This is the long and the short of it. There is no need to look any further into the issue. When there is a release date set, I have a feeling we will know about it.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Amazon guesses mean nothing at all. Even so,  id be surprised if the game launched before September (and thats not an Amazon guess, its my own guess, which means even less)

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

And to quote from GW2 twitter from this morning.

"Reminder: we have not announced a release date. Any dates you see displayed by retailers are THEIR estimates/guesses. ^RB"

and

"When is #GuildWars2 being released? Everybody with me now, "When it's done." Feel free to RT that. =) ^RB"

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

*facepalm* why must people constantly create retarded threads on placeholders on X game from some store who no ideal when the game will actually release?  I really wish the Mods here will start locking these threads as this is getting tiresome revisiting this same shit over n over n over again.

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707

Keywords are estimated release. Look them up.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Dalaimoc

Let me rephrase -

Amazon Germany sent a msg to its pre-order customers.  It translates :

"Dear Customer,

we are sorry to inform you, that we received a notification from the Publisher, that the so far estimated release won't be met and the game won't be released until at least the 28th Sept. We will inform you, if the date will change again.

regards, blabla"

It really doesnt matter what Amazon says. Anet themselves, on the beta forums said that the only thing retailers have right now are thier own placeholder dates. Anet has told them nothing. Sometimes the placeholders are right dont get me wrong. But all Amazon was probably told is that thier old June 8th? placeholder wasnt even close, if Anet even told them that.

Why people still believe retailers I'll never know. Nothing is ever official untill the developers (or company) release the date.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Originally posted by judex99

Good, more time for play D3 :)

Hehe

Right :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I wonder how they decide the dates? Scrying in a crystal bowl?

• PlaidpantsPlaidpants Member UncommonPosts: 267

Like others said it doesn't mean anything.

The gamestop where I live has it releasing June 26th.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by Loke666

I'm sure they are given a general idea Loke. But you still cant take it at face value untill the company/devs say what the release date is. It honestly wouldnt suprise me if Anet told retailers they are looking at early June and then informed them they are looking at late september or something to that effect. But I highly doubt they are giving them specific dates.

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

I think most of us expected a release toward the end of the year rather than anytime soon, and it will be well worth it when anet finally says its ready...

Playing GW2..

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by Loke666

They probably use a program that randomly generate dates with manually set criterias.

Like the in year of  '2012' but higher than 'today's date' and 'no less than 2-3 months'.

^^

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Christmas release date. I want it just as bad as you guys but financially it just makes more sense to wait. Pre-purchase went smooth, shareholders are happy, TSW, and Tera releasing. By Nov or Dec the TSW and Tera players will be wanting something new.

Also, if you think Christmas and get that in your head, you won't be upset anticipating week after week, raging, ready to explode at NCSoft.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.