Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Already cancelling my preorder

AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

Edited cause I probably broke some NDA rule, blah blah.

Long story short, game sucks and I cancelled my preorder.

Le sigh.

Comments

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

It would be nice to be able to comment on this but that will have to wait for the weekend. I imagine a lot of people will have feedback on their experiences once the NDA is down.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

Originally posted by Charlizzard

It would be nice to be able to comment on this but that will have to wait for the weekend. I imagine a lot of people will have feedback on their experiences in this game releasing in 5 weeks.

Wasn't today the first day in for everyone? The population was a bit sparse I guess.

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by Abdiell

It would be nice to be able to comment on this but that will have to wait for the weekend. I imagine a lot of people will have feedback on their experiences in this game releasing in 5 weeks.

Wasn't today the first day in for everyone? The population was a bit sparse I guess.

Only a select few got in today. The rest get in friday I think.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• AbdiellAbdiell Member UncommonPosts: 102

Originally posted by shamall

Lol. Wonder if I'm breaking some NDA I brezzed through :

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

That might be why I responded the way that I did...

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Haven't played this game, but I'll say this.

It's Funcom. That is practically a 99.99% guarantee this game is going to suck plague-infested gonads for the first year or so because of horrid game design decisions and moronic devs/leads stuffing their thumbs up their arses and fingers in the cookie jar while it all falls apart.

Then finally they'll bring in someone (probably Mr. Morrison), whose finally going to turn the damn thing around to a point where you can call it playable.

It happened with Anarchy Online, it happened with Age of Conan, so it's likely it'll happen here.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

What you described is very different than the typical mmo image

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

yes your breaking the NDA by saying anything about it, today is closed beta.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Le sigh.

i saw this coming though. i dont know much about the game, but i know enough to have written it off a year ago:

1. it's Funcom

2. they've copied GW 1's skill system, which is impossible to balance so decent pvp is not to be expected

3. animations look horrid to me

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

Originally posted by sonoggi

Le sigh.

i saw this coming though. i dont know much about the game, but i know enough to have written it off a year ago:

2. they've copied GW 1's skill system, which is impossible to balance so decent pvp is not to be expected

good thing it's a pve centric game then.  huh.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by Cursedsei

It's Funcom. That is practically a 99.99% guarantee this game is going to suck plague-infested gonads for the first year or so because of horrid game design decisions and moronic devs/leads stuffing their thumbs up their arses and fingers in the cookie jar while it all falls apart.

Then finally they'll bring in someone (probably Mr. Morrison), whose finally going to turn the damn thing around to a point where you can call it playable.

It happened with Anarchy Online, it happened with Age of Conan, so it's likely it'll happen here.

Uhhh..... this is getting old man!  The guy who was in charge of development for both Anarchy Online and Age of Conan no longer works for Funcom.... hell he finally got the message that the game industry isn't suited for him, so he is now working outside the gaming industry!

The Secret World has been in development for many many years (long before development on AoC began) and had and still has a completely different person in charge! A person that actually created and launched succesful games before.

• MexorillaMexorilla Member Posts: 313

Le sigh.

curious as to why you deleted the post.  if you arent going to play.  cause you know, it sucks anyways.

• rznkainrznkain Member Posts: 539

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Cursedsei

Uhhh..... this is getting old man!  The guy who was in charge of development for both Anarchy Online and Age of Conan no longer works for Funcom.... hell he finally got the message that the game industry isn't suited for him, so he is now working outside the gaming industry!

The Secret World has been in development for many many years (long before development on AoC began) and had and still has a completely different person in charge! A person that actually created and launched succesful games before.

Sorry to say this but your wrong about Gaute devloping AO he didn't he did the one expansion pack for AO shadowlands which did suck but AO was a buggy piece of junk at launch and that wasn't due to Gaute.

And this guy you talk about btw who you think is the succesful game dev tell me what games? He did the backstory and alot of the stuff on AO as well as funcoms other games Longest Journey which were single player puzzle games kinda like Myst.There weren't commercially sucessful.

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

Originally posted by Mexorilla

Le sigh.

curious as to why you deleted the post.  if you arent going to play.  cause you know, it sucks anyways.

Because if you are beta banned from TSW you can't login to tell everyone how bad it is!

• NethriilNethriil Member Posts: 178

You Are the guy who got star wars tatooed on your leg yes?
  • SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

OP, thank you thank you thank you thank you !! U have now changed my mind of this game.. I have have cancelled my pre-order*

* Sarcasm, get it?

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by Nethriil

You Are the guy who got star wars tatooed on your leg yes?

Ahahaha,

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

Cant wait though to try it out this weekend-beta. IM looking how theese 3 things work..

1. Questing

2. Gameplay

3. Animation

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501

Le sigh.

lol, if it sucks so bad why edit the post I mean if you don't plan on playing then just let us know what you thought....

The one sentence you actually wrote doesn't really help anyone considering, you should have just deleted it all....

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

It's Funcom, they don't make polished MMO's for release. They release a shell of a game and then fill it out over the next two years. At least they got good track record for doing that. They just don't have the cash flow to develop to a very high state of polish for release. They rely on paid beta, then when they do get to a point of polish they offer those who put up with it some nice pixel crack.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by sonoggi

1. it's Funcom

3. animations look horrid to me

GW1 still have the best balanced PvP I seen in any MMORP/CORPG.

It is harder to balance, that is indeed true but balancing each skill against eachothers is not impossible at all instead of balancing each class against eachothers.

Nah, as I see it if the game will fail it will be for the same reasons AoC did so badly: Bad launch + little and slowly updated content.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by rznkain

Sorry to say this but your wrong about Gaute devloping AO he didn't he did the one expansion pack for AO shadowlands which did suck but AO was a buggy piece of junk at launch and that wasn't due to Gaute.

And this guy you talk about btw who you think is the succesful game dev tell me what games? He did the backstory and alot of the stuff on AO as well as funcoms other games Longest Journey which were single player puzzle games kinda like Myst.There weren't commercially sucessful.

I don't know anything about The Secret World, except from some trailer I saw years ago. It got me mildly interested, but that's about it. What got my attention was your last bit. If the writer from The Longest Journey works on The Secret World, then storywise and universe wise the game could be pretty interesting. The Longest Journey is one of the best, if not the best, adventure games I've every played. While perhaps not a commercial success, it's widely accepted as a superb game.

Metacritic may not be the best site out there for reviews and stuff, but it scored pretty good there:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-longest-journey

Like I said, I don't know anything about The Secret World, but a game doesn't have to be a commercial success to be a great game. Everyone even remotely interested in adventure games should play The Longest Journey. It's even available on the iOS I believe.

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

Le sigh.

Sorry to hear that bud. Good luck to your future gaming experiences.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by nationalcity

Le sigh.

lol, if it sucks so bad why edit the post I mean if you don't plan on playing then just let us know what you thought....

The one sentence you actually wrote doesn't really help anyone considering, you should have just deleted it all....

He edited prolly cause the mods here edited it and got a warning?

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

LOL nice one OP..

I dont get why people bash funcom so much they have made 2 of the best themepark MMORPGs out on the market at the moment and I expect this to be jsut as good if not better than the others.. I could be wrong..

Also if it was a really bad game do you think they would run an open beta weekend and lift the NDA? I dont think so some how they would be shooting themselves in the foot..

Me im looking forward to this weekend :)

This discussion has been closed.