Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: New Screens Show Fornost-Moria Revamp

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine and the Lord of the Rings Online team have released nine new screenshots showing off the overhaul of both Fornost and Moria as well as screens from Methedras, a new free-to-VIPs skirmish. Check them out in our Lord of the Rings Online gallery.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

A game I still play and cannot complain about.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Except the character models look like DAoC era. sad.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Czanrei

who really cares?

Game still looks good overall.  Riding through the southern part of the Bree area and seeing Weathertop in the distance (which isnt even in the same zone) is breathtaking.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I would love to see a revision to character models as well, but the game still looks really good as far as zones and mobs go.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by BigMango

Plus combat is slow and boring. At least regarding melee DPS, which this game is totaly lacking. (Champion combat is soo poorly done, with no impact feeling at all).

And as comabt is what you are doing 80% of the time in an mmo... if combat sucks the game sucks.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Emeraq

I would love to see a revision to character models as well, but the game still looks really good as far as zones and mobs go.

This ^^, This is my back-up MMO and the only complaint I've had is how bad the character models look compared to how gorgeous the world is; never made sense to me.

• VerenathVerenath Member UncommonPosts: 61

Plus combat is slow and boring. At least regarding melee DPS, which this game is totaly lacking. (Champion combat is soo poorly done, with no impact feeling at all).

And as comabt is what you are doing 80% of the time in an mmo... if combat sucks the game sucks.

To each his or her own.  I just recently came back and I'm really enjoying myself.  It's good to be back.  Sorry you feel that way BigMango.  The game far from sucks in my opinion.  Although, I'm somewhat confused as to why you took the time to comment if you don't play/follow the game.  Hmm.    

A revision to character models would be nice, I agree.

-Verenath-

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by vission

To each his or her own.  I just recently came back and I'm really enjoying myself.  It's good to be back.  Sorry you feel that way BigMango.  The game far from sucks in my opinion.  Although, I'm somewhat confused as to why you took the time to comment if you don't play/follow the game.  Hmm.    

A revision to character models would be nice, I agree.

Hes kind of right about the combat, to an extent.  Its a very slow system to get into and take a while to get adjusted.  Champions start out kind of meh, but they do feel sufficiently badass eventually IMO.  

Its funny, combat is important for the first month or two you play a game, but after a while its just second nature anyway and any freshness factor is kind of gone.  MMORPGs are about content, not combat IMO.

• LitestepLitestep Member UncommonPosts: 38

Same here, as many others posted - Love the game, but character models/movements/feel get me down EVERY time.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

The game looks fine everywhere except rock and stone areas.  This means the dungeons look horrible.

I wonder what the motivation of revamping the old areas is.  It's probably because it's the most cost effective.  WB really isn't investing much back into the game at this point.  A lot of people were excited about the F2P success possibly meaning more frequent content updates.  They were mistaken.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

Still great game. Some are maybe right about slow and outdated combat, but in overall Lotro got great community, great story and lore.