Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: The Future of Arborea

2»

Comments

• rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725

You didn't ask about combat animations disrupting the fluidity of combat, this is no.1 gripe for me and I'm sure many others. I was hoping they were trying to resolve or mitigate this.

• gogogame789gogogame789 Member Posts: 8

If they're adding new dungeons and raids every month, I'm happy! :

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

i purchased 6 extra copys of tera by mistake they gave me a refund :) dont troll me please i already came close to passing out( im a college student)

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by Cyberdeck7

Could you please add some more masculine clothing options across most of the races? My Castanic is really cool looking, but he dresses like a hair metal singer from the 80s. It's embarassing. I love the game though. Thank you.

replace male castanic with male elf i really wanted to make a warrior male elf but omg ~.~ there cloths are more revealing then the females i would like some manly cloths

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

Brian Knox: Well, the break point is really at about three meters, not three feet, and I don’t know anyone who can take a three-meter fall without breaking stride! Can you? Pics or it didn’t happen.

That's just silly and incosistent design. Creating an annoying feat. because it's "realistic" in a game where NOTHING else is even close to realistic. You're playing a super-powerful warrior with insane moves, that in a "realistic" setting, would break every bone in your body, but falling 3 meters is just to much.

Other then that silly comment it looks pretty good, and the game isn't bad so far.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

replace male castanic with male elf i really wanted to make a warrior male elf but omg ~.~ there cloths are more revealing then the females i would like some manly cloths

imageimage

I think they have some great armor. ;)

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

i purchased 6 extra copys of tera by mistake they gave me a refund :) dont troll me please i already came close to passing out( im a college student)

i don't even...

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110

but...

• kamerian1kamerian1 Member UncommonPosts: 7

I've been enjoying Tera since Head-start.  I think it's a beautiful game and I've really enjoyed the PVE,  I do, however, wish they'd change a few things such as male armour....some of it's kind of cool, but others make me cringe.  As mentioned before, they could also do away with the drop and stop thing....that's very annoying and totally breaks the fluidity of running across the countryside.  I also wish they'd change the vocals for successfully harvesting.  The female toons I've played aren't too bad, they basically just give me a "Woohoo!" upon a successful harvest, but my male toons?  I swear to god that they are telling me to go f**k myself in Korean!  These are just some minor things that could stand tweaking or doing away with, but overall, I'm quite happy with En Masse and Blue Hole's product.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by sycofiend

Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

Thank god they will work on pvp cause for now its just not good enough at least for me

Meh for me if I want pvp I play a pvp game, like EVE.  imo gear based games make incredibly bad PvP games, and ultimatley nerfs to PvE content for PVP and vice-versa make both experiences suck. (although the skills part of this game might make up for some of that .. honestly dont know how gear driven end game is yet)

TERA is a mad fun PVE game, would hate to see that ruined by trying to force PVP on it.

but either way,  not going to be a "sky is falling" event for me either way, will check out what they put in and either make the best of it or ignore it.

BTW I am totally hooked on TERA right now, its interrupting my EVE time, fortunatley have some long skills to train atm ;0)

~D

Eve is a resource based game. It's not really any different. it's about which side can field more of "x" ship.
  • OpsinOpsin Member Posts: 1

Not trying to hate on the game ... but :) ... I've been a fence sitter on TERA ever since the BWE's. I still haven't found the impetus to pay the cost+subscribe. From my own personal views I've simply found TERA too "simple" ... that's a catch all per se ... not necessarily targeting anything specific. It's a lovely game to look at and the animations are nice. I love the character races ... more so-so about the classes.

But the thing that still really kills me about TERA actually comes down to the "fanbois". I get worreid when I see completely contradictory comments about a game from the people who love the game ... people who love the game claiming it's the best PvP game and then people who love the game claiming it's got bad PvP. People who love the game claiming it's totally a PvP game with basic PvE vs people who love the game claiming it's totally a hard-core PvE game with PvP tacked on. I get worreid about the identity of the game and therefore my own feelings about how I'm going to react to the game if the people who love the game are soo split on it.

Arguably ... it is designed as a PvE game ... some of the mechanics of the game (and I'm thinking largely of the artifical level modifier, but also the gear based mechanics of the game) seem to me to be counter productive to a totally succesful PvP game.

Also, when the people who love the game tell me the first 1/3 of the levels suck ... it again makes me wonder how good the game really can be ... "it starts after 20" is such a poor arguement for a game, yet there are fanbois how try to pass this off almost as a benefit ... again, it's stopped me because it seems weird to me to have a game where arguably the only thing everyone seems to agree on is that the first 20 levels or so sucks :).

Anyway ... you may still see me in TERA but not right now ... there still just isn't enough to drag me in ... the combat is really good BUT that's pretty much it ... is it enough for me?

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by crysent

Originally posted by Azmodai Great read, I am really glad theat they are taking PVP into consideration as much as PVE which is great imo. The server vs server is going to be amazing I tell you :), lets hope they come in Server invasaion too because it would make it 100x better.  

Uhhh, hate to burst your bubble, but, the Server Vs Server sounded unlikely - note how they called it a "blue sky idea" meaning its a long way off if ever.  To be honest even battlegrounds sound a long way off based on that interview (note how he said they had to dedicate some of their team to other areas).

Server vs server may happen and it may not, but the wrong person was asked either way.

En Masse can make changes to Tera but they cant develop anything, only Blue Hole can develop new content for Tera.

En Masse can increase the fall height pause restriction to 5 meters if enough people complain but they cant add server vs server PvP if Blue Hole decides to pass on it.

From the very beginning En Masse stated they are not like most companies that just publish a game, they actually have the ability to control all the content that goes into TERA and they are working with blue hole to add in any content they want added.

This was like a major selling point...

Just saying.

True, that has been said. But lets not forget that BlueHole ARE the Dev's and they have their own agenda. Lets also not forget past history in that regard. There is a LONG list of games that have run into massive problems, because the Dev's are from a completely different culture, and speak a completely different language. 

EM no doubt has the best of intentions, and BH may as well. But conflict is inevitable, when one is attempting to work across such glaring differences.  I'll be amazed if they can actually stick to some of these update ideas, in anything like a timely fashion. Hell, at this point their customer service is swamped (it is close to launch), and replies are taking a week (or more in some cases).  

CS has always been a weak point for most MMO companies. It seems that the business types (suits) can't wrap their minds around the concept that timely responses take investing in sufficient staff (money/time/talent).  But that such pays off in the mid to long run, which increases player/customer satisfaction (and retention). 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • haibanehaibane Member Posts: 178

I like TERA, it plays nice, but i'm not seeing it not going F2P soon.

Honestly, there's just too little to do once u hit 60.

Few gear.

PVP's just OW zergfest for now, no BG no organized pvp, nothing like that. GVG don't have any rewards whatsoever, it's just "me dun like u so me fight u" that gets old quite fast, as u don't fight over anything.

Political system ? L2 did that already, had the same than vanarchs, exactly the same stuff. Never worked.

TERA doesn't work in Korea, Blue Hole ain't doing much, so no hope from that side, maybe En Masse would go Rogue and do a lotta content on their own, but they ain't sized for it.

No, i think TERA has to go the same path than AION but much, much, earlier.

You're a Hardcore Survivor!

You not only survived the zombie apocalypse, but did it with style! Your mastery of zombie knowledge, survival tactics, and weaponry is nearly unmatched. Congratulations, for you are hardcore!

• soltysplsoltyspl Member UncommonPosts: 58

Not a single difficult question asked ? Dozens of terrible things done by EnM with absolutely 0 attention span to side effects - both in game and outside game - not even mentioned ? Dozens of simple things people has been asking since FGT times not even commented once ?

Eh. I don't get you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DStuff

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by soltyspl

Not a single difficult question asked ? Dozens of terrible things done by EnM with absolutely 0 attention span to side effects - both in game and outside game - not even mentioned ? Dozens of simple things people has been asking since FGT times not even commented once ?

Eh. I don't get you.

Thats one of the problems... Look at it this way, if an interviewer (or site or channel, or network) doesn't pitch softballs, then over time they lose access. Thats how the various nation state governments in the so called "free world" control their "free" press.  It works the same way in the game world, more times than not.  Its simply human nature, and the nature of power. 

I've no doubt that both BH and EM have good intentions, but as I stated, they come from completely different cultures and speak completely different languages,  Some of the basic assumptions we take for granted in the west, have little in common with expectations and culture in the Asian world. The same is true there. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • bilal1019bilal1019 Member Posts: 6

waiting for this game

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by soltyspl

Eh. I don't get you.

Hmm, care to give an example? I can't think of one "terrible" thing. Well, apart from the model censorship and Frogster's insistence on stupid PEGI 12, that will certainly hurt the game.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Yes, very sad to hear battlegrounds wont be in until the END of summer.   That one comment there will pretty much seal TERA's fate for the short term.