Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My gripes with TESO

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

My only gripes with TESO are the following:

• No Housing

• Class based Character system

• Use of the Hero Engine

• Raiding and Other Elitest forms of end-game content

All other things I can look past, especailly the combat.  Lets be honest anyone who prefers Skyrim Combat over Say something like WoW's traditional Superb hotbar/ability combat or GW2's hybrid of Action/hotbar is fooling themselves.  There is nothing remotely fun about clicking your left mouse key hundreds or thousands of times during a gaming session.  I can also look past the 3rd person, actually I prefer it way more then 1st person but that is a indivdual preference.

What I can not look past is No housing and the a class based character system.  Not one TES game had a class based character system and everyone allowed the use of player housing.  We the MMO fans are in dire need of some form of housing, hell it is the reason why I quit WoW.  A company that makes gobs of money every month decides in their latest expac to add in Pokemon Battles instead of something more worthwhile like player housing is unfathomanble to me.  Who cares if only 70% or less of the population gets to build a house due to real estate issues, companies have been ramming raids (which less then 10% of any games population participates in) for 7 years now and I dont see any company with the exception of Anet, worrying about it anyway.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Zylaxx

• No Housing

• Use of the Hero Engine

All other things I can look past, especailly the combat.  Lets be honest anyone who prefers Skyrim Combat over Say something like WoW's traditional Superb hotbar/ability combat or GW2's hybrid of Action/hotbar is fooling themselves.  There is nothing remotely fun about clicking your left mouse key hundreds or thousands of times during a gaming session.  I can also look past the 3rd person, actually I prefer it way more then 1st person but that is a indivdual preference.

What I can not look past is No housing and the a class based character system.  Not one TES game had a class based character system and everyone allowed the use of player housing.  We the MMO fans are in dire need of some form of housing, hell it is the reason why I quit WoW.  A company that makes gobs of money every month decides in their latest expac to add in Pokemon Battles instead of something more worthwhile like player housing is unfathomanble to me.  Who cares if only 70% or less of the population gets to build a house due to real estate issues, companies have been ramming raids (which less then 10% of any games population participates in) for 7 years now and I dont see any company with the exception of Anet, worrying about it anyway.

Not sure how you can even list ANYTHING about "gripes". There is virtually NO information on the game yet.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Gruug

• No Housing

• Use of the Hero Engine

Not sure how you can even list ANYTHING about "gripes". There is virtually NO information on the game yet.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/337278/20120504/elder-scrolls-online-game-details-mmorpg-announcement.htm

I'd say that this is pretty accurate information. I personally don't mind raiding, but I agree with the rest. Having a class based system is just terrible.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I'm with you on housing.  I'm also with you on class based system, although, I can see why they chose to do it.  It's easier to balance.  I can handle the Hero engine, though I would have preferred something more like the engine AoC uses.  It's darker and grittier, like a TES game.  As far as raiding, I don't really have an issue with it.  Now, if raid gear is the best gear in the game, then I won't be happy.  I don't like raiding, but I do like the DAoC style PvP.  If I feel like I can't compete because I'm not able to devote hours on end of my time on 1,000 dungeon runs, then it will become a big problem for me.

Housing should be our bank system.  I'm for a limited housing system.  A system where developers choose where we can place our homes in the game world instead of free placement.  Then supplimenting that with inn and tavern rooms that you can rent that act as instanced private property.  You could even have small areas in some cities with houses for guilds and such.  Not everyone will get an open world or city home, but everyone will be able to store their items somewhere.  A bank is just the lazy way out, as banks did not exist in TES games.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Gruug

• No Housing

• Use of the Hero Engine

It doesnt take much effort to look around the interwebz for information:

http://www.reddit.com/user/DTKT

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I'm still sad about this game. It was the last real hope I had for a AAA FPS sandbox. It's just not fair.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267

[Mod Edit]. Just like they've done to my heart. A real karma heart what do ya know!

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Originally posted by Mike-McQueen

[Mod EDit] Just like they've done to my heart. A real karma heart what do ya know!

Thats a bit harsh but I do hope they scrap the game due to all the negativity its getting all over the internet.  Either that or implement real TES features.  Dont give us that crap that its not technically possible or can't be done because games like Asherons Call had many TES like features way back in 1999.  Do not take the easy shortcut, INNOVATE and the gamers will reward you for it  much like how GW2's innovative features are doing for Anet.