Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cartoony

qwop22qwop22 Member Posts: 4

Does anyone else think those leaked screens from ESO look cartoony? TES is dark, and gritty; just look at Skyrim. Why can't they transfer that same feel and look to the MMO? I am so sick of these MMO's that look so goofy and lame. The only MMO that really connected with me in the look and feel was DAoC. Even though it was years behind in graphics and animations, the characters had personality and looked badass. The armor and weapons had great design and the fact that you could dye all your armor/weapons made it really awesome. 

Comments

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

"Cartoony" is subjective.

However, looking at the screenshots, I really cant tell if Im looking at RIFT, LOTRO or TERA.

I do know that it looks nothing like an Elder Scrolls game.

When did giant mushrooms and Vagina Monster Plants make it into Tamriel?

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Agreed. The art work is simply not what an Elder Scrolls game should look like.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• qwop22qwop22 Member Posts: 4

This pic looks alright i guess

elderscrollsonline_410671.jpg

This one though looks absolutely awful...

elderscrollsonline_410711.jpg

Also, the guy in the far back of this pic looks a lot like a Highlander Cleric from DAoC lol

elderscrollsonline_410721b.jpg

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

I think that's a product of the Hero Engine, but that's just my opinion.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I don't think it's cartoony but it doesn't match the feeling I got from any of the TES games.  Maybe I need to see it in motion first.

• TheFirstSinTheFirstSin Member Posts: 29

i refuse to support this game in anyway. why cant devs take a chance for once and make a game thats brand new, full of its own personality, and publish it. no one wants to take a chance anymore, and be unqiue. instead, i hear this game is going to play exactly like WoW. well, let me say this. im OVER WoW. im over 2-4 games that ive tried COPY WoW, skill for skill, mechanics and all. if these guys wanted to make an mmo, they wouldve kept true to their roots, similarly with their SP counterparts, and made an mmo that is completely open, quests being optional, with tons of open world dungeon dives to explore, players to encouter and befriend, or make said player your bitch. replacing hotkey, one button target combat with the combat seen in other elder scrolls titles. hell, if they had to revert to Morrowind-syled graphics, if the game played like the Elder Scrolls we've all come to know and love, i would buy it in a heart beat. but like i said, no devs want to take a chance anymore. I understand that if this game were to fail, losses would be tremendous, but from what ive seen and heard, theyre setting themselves up to fail automatically. now, if they were designing it to be in FPS perspective with optional 3rd person veiw with amazing animations like in Skyrim, have the IMMENSE weapon variety and Guild personalities of Morrowind, they would recieve an assload of new players and old, like what happend with Oblivion.

Just my two cents. sorry for the wall of text :)

{{EDIT}}  Also, have dungeons that require other players help be the ONLY instanced dungeons. and introduce brand new types of armour, like mythril and chain. :)

Oh, and bring the old school stat proggressions and meld them with the way you level in Skyrim. i think that would work nicely