Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok... this is the endgame (eu)?

Comments

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by Lazarus71

And people on these boards will continue to make excuse after excuse for a tired, done-to-death game with copy-paste features and a shiney new gimmick.

You know for someone who clearly does not care for the game and obviously did not purchase it, you seem to respond to posts about the game and go out of your way to cut it down every chance you get...... why?

I played TERA quite a bit over two beta weekends.

Like others on this site, I enjoy the greatest MMORPG of all time - The Forum Wars.

I am just spreading my own special blend of herbs and spices in BadSpock anti-logic style.

A line has been drawn on this website against GW2 and it's fans, and TERA fans seem to populate the other side of the fence in abundance.

Just staking my claim, holding the line, fighting "the good fight" ya know?

Forum Warrior 101 (looks at 5000+ post count)

To each thier own I guess, forum pvp has ruined forums for me personally but what do I know lol. Also it seems to me the Fans of both games drew that line in the sand, no more one than the other.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Originally posted by Four0Six

I've found a game that doesn't follow the cookie-cutter formula of EQ-WoW-AoC-WAR-RIFT-TOR-AION-TERA and is a AAA from a major non-indie publisher.

What game?

That name cannot be spoken in the TERA forums.

meh, take that road why don't you. hehe

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Buttski

nexus system broken (so they had to deactivate it).

no battlegrounds.

terrible geargrind (crafted are BiS atm and it takes tons of material to level crafting).

dungeon matchmaker takes ages (1 hour queues).

just another asiagrinder. cu.

I am playing tera but i am not in the end game yet.... but if its like this... i dont know if  i want to get to end game, maybe i will start an alt lol

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Lazarus71

I played TERA quite a bit over two beta weekends.

Like others on this site, I enjoy the greatest MMORPG of all time - The Forum Wars.

I am just spreading my own special blend of herbs and spices in BadSpock anti-logic style.

A line has been drawn on this website against GW2 and it's fans, and TERA fans seem to populate the other side of the fence in abundance.

Just staking my claim, holding the line, fighting "the good fight" ya know?

Forum Warrior 101 (looks at 5000+ post count)

To each thier own I guess, forum pvp has ruined forums for me personally but what do I know lol. Also it seems to me the Fans of both games drew that line in the sand, no more one than the other.

Indeed, no one side drew that line alone.

Guilty parties on both sides I'm afraid, myself included (obviously)

• snoop101snoop101 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Wait wait, just a minute. People are already at end game? Did it not just come out a week and a half ago? What happened to making it to end game after a few months. what a turn off. 

On another note it seems like everyone loves the action combat, but thats pretty much it. Everything else that makes up a MMO fails. 

And whats up with people make statements that everyone should have played the beta and know what is to come? Beta is for testing and whats done in Beta can be different then whats in the game. Alot of people choose not to Beta test for many reason. Beta testing in a sense is work. your job is to test the products and report issues. Issues that will be fixed (usually). Beta is not a "Demo". People need to realize that.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by snoop101

Wait wait, just a minute. People are already at end game? Did it not just come out a week and a half ago? What happened to making it to end game after a few months. what a turn off. 

On another note it seems like everyone loves the action combat, but thats pretty much it. Everything else that makes up a MMO fails. 

And whats up with people make statements that everyone should have played the beta and know what is to come? Beta is for testing and whats done in Beta can be different then whats in the game. Alot of people choose not to Beta test for many reason. Beta testing in a sense is work. your job is to test the products and report issues. Issues that will be fixed (usually). Beta is not a "Demo". People need to realize that.

well the last open beta or the final stress test could be viewed as a demo since aside from some server stability its about as finished product as you can expect at launch...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by Pivotelite

They held off nexus and political jazz until more players reach cap, coming this month though.

The dungeon queues will be horrible until people learn warriors can tank and more lancers get to a high level.

As for battlegrounds, I shall wait patiently for those while leveling casually and not rushing to cap like most people. People make the games unfun and become boring by playing 10 hours a day.

I would have thought people had this one figured out by now? It's almost mandatory in a new MMO, unless you WANT to be bored.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by BizkitNL

They held off nexus and political jazz until more players reach cap, coming this month though.

The dungeon queues will be horrible until people learn warriors can tank and more lancers get to a high level.

As for battlegrounds, I shall wait patiently for those while leveling casually and not rushing to cap like most people. People make the games unfun and become boring by playing 10 hours a day.

I would have thought people had this one figured out by now? It's almost mandatory in a new MMO, unless you WANT to be bored.

My highest level character in WoW is level 84 and he has 15 days played, I have a whole bunch of others with high days played as well.

I can enjoy a game without mindlessly leveling to cap and then complaining there's nothing to do but gear out at max level that I got in 5 days playing 20 hours a day lol. 

I think people have just become too "hardcore" for themepark MMOs. Sandbox may be the only genre that can maintain a stable population even after release, but sandbox is niche to begin with and doesn't have many developers interested in making something so complex.  Even with consoles people just hop around to the next big thing.

Hopefully Archeage is the gateway to the age of sandbox MMOs, or at least sandbox/themepark hybrids, because all people do now is game hop and it leaves much to be desired.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Originally posted by Buttski

nexus system broken (so they had to deactivate it).

no battlegrounds.

terrible geargrind (crafted are BiS atm and it takes tons of material to level crafting).

dungeon matchmaker takes ages (1 hour queues).

just another asiagrinder. cu.

And people on these boards will continue to make excuse after excuse for a tired, done-to-death game with copy-paste features and a shiney new gimmick.

Honestly who didn't see this coming?

After WAR, AoC, RIFT, TOR...

Took me a while but I learned my lesson (finally)

You haven't learnt at all, if anything you've become a bigger sucker than before - I hope after GW2 you learn your lesson.

Developers have said that they want to activate the current disabled end-game features before the end of the month when more people hit the cap.

Whiners gonna whine, it's sad that two GW2 fanboys are on talking nonsense.

Don't worry though, I'll come into the GW2 forums after release and laugh at how your game has no end game.

PvP wasn't enough for WAR, it isn't enough for GW2.

Hi

• kanedaAkanedaA Member Posts: 66

Originally posted by descreth

Basically, the game has no real endgame and players just usually quit once they hit max level, which is why this game is dying and the subscription rates are plummiting. 

Thus a new breed of failure - The Tertanic.

What the fck are u saying ???

there is MORE ppl than launch troll harder next time or keep it shut

the game is fine

you have KK hardmodes dungeons to do

you have pvp to do

you have the political system to do

you have guild wars to do

you have next patch nexus to do (they r waiting more ppl to lvl up)

what the fck you want more ?

you shouldnt enable no life mode and lvl like a normal person instead rushing content now good for u u stuc kwith nothing to do.

PPL rush then complaining no content wtf

My highest level character in WoW is level 84 and he has 15 days played, I have a whole bunch of others with high days played as well.

I can enjoy a game without mindlessly leveling to cap and then complaining there's nothing to do but gear out at max level that I got in 5 days playing 20 hours a day lol. 

I think people have just become too "hardcore" for themepark MMOs. Sandbox may be the only genre that can maintain a stable population even after release, but sandbox is niche to begin with and doesn't have many developers interested in making something so complex.  Even with consoles people just hop around to the next big thing.

Hopefully Archeage is the gateway to the age of sandbox MMOs, or at least sandbox/themepark hybrids, because all people do now is game hop and it leaves much to be desired.

its not hybrid its a pure sandbox unless they change things just for the west

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by kanedaA

its not hybrid its a pure sandbox unless they change things just for the west

archeage is not a pure sandbox MMO game.. but is as close to one as you are going to find and looks amazing!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

Ok, so we hear the game doesnt get good till 20+...now we hear it sucks at the end too.

Is there any way we can just play the middle of it?

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

Its been out in KOREA for already YEAR, how is that "new"?

Also it bombed in Korea because of content issue, im not sure how poeple didn't research this more.

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Everything is bombing in Korea due to everyone fleeing the MMOs and playing League of Legends which has exploded in Korea and many other countries actually...

Regardless TERA is doing just fine in Korea, not the Warcraft of Korea but good enough, also the Korean client released with 50 as the max level, we've got 60 at least on release, GvG, Nexus and Daily Quests, the didn't have all that jazz.

Just wish they would speed up with those battlegrounds. :)

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by supbro

Also it bombed in Korea because of content issue, im not sure how poeple didn't research this more.

Maybe you should take your own advice and do some reseach as well. It bomb only at launched because it was incomplete at the itme. Cap is lvl 50 and only 2 dungeons to run. Right now the cap is now lvl 60 and 5 dungeons with normal and hard mode. With nexus and political system coming later this month once people lvl up more for it. Also new as in everything after WoW has been pretty much race to cap, if you make any game that took time to cap people call it a grind fest and never play it.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by rexzshadow

if you make any game that took time to cap people call it a grind fest and never play it.

Not if you make the content or game world engaging enough.  Vanilla WoW took over 3 times as long to level (and thats just for the power gamers) than Rift but you didnt hear a lot of comlplaints about WoW's grindiness

Originally posted by teakbois

if you make any game that took time to cap people call it a grind fest and never play it.

Not if you make the content or game world engaging enough.  Vanilla WoW took over 3 times as long to level (and thats just for the power gamers) than Rift but you didnt hear a lot of comlplaints about WoW's grindiness

Ya Vanilla WoW, WoW was the game that made this happen. Because they keep making it easier to lvl every game has to follow it or get called a grind fest.

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

Maybe you should take your own advice and do some reseach as well. It bomb only at launched because it was incomplete at the itme. Cap is lvl 50 and only 2 dungeons to run. Right now the cap is now lvl 60 and 5 dungeons with normal and hard mode. With nexus and political system coming later this month once people lvl up more for it. Also new as in everything after WoW has been pretty much race to cap, if you make any game that took time to cap people call it a grind fest and never play it.

Oh of course all this amazing endgame content is coming "soon". Once you reach level cap im sure it will be waiting for you!

Reality is you paid to beta test an unfinished game. Basically your grinding tedious PVE quests to get to endgame but theres no endgame, o snap.

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

There's no way you've queued for an hour for a dungeon unless you went on in the early hours of the morning.  I'm a DPS and have run dungeons around 30+ times now, and have never queued for more than 15 mins.

Oh of course all this amazing endgame content is coming "soon". Once you reach level cap im sure it will be waiting for you!

Reality is you paid to beta test an unfinished game. Basically your grinding tedious PVE quests to get to endgame but theres no endgame, o snap.

Ya you know why? coz only about 10% of the game population is at cap, ya smart idea to start vanarch and nexus when 90% of the population can't do them. Nexus just piss people off because there never be enough people, and vanarch be unfair because so little people can even run for it.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by FuryV

There's no way you've queued for an hour for a dungeon unless you went on in the early hours of the morning.  I'm a DPS and have run dungeons around 30+ times now, and have never queued for more than 15 mins.

He's probably playing a Warrior image

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by kanedaA

Originally posted by descreth

Basically, the game has no real endgame and players just usually quit once they hit max level, which is why this game is dying and the subscription rates are plummiting. 

Thus a new breed of failure - The Tertanic.

What the fck are u saying ???

there is MORE ppl than launch troll harder next time or keep it shut

the game is fine

you have KK hardmodes dungeons to do

you have pvp to do

you have the political system to do

you have guild wars to do

you have next patch nexus to do (they r waiting more ppl to lvl up)

what the fck you want more ?

you shouldnt enable no life mode and lvl like a normal person instead rushing content now good for u u stuc kwith nothing to do.

Exactly.

Now if only they would give us territorial control with castles sieges like L2, this game would be a dream.

And dynamic events with mobs attacking (or out of a nexus) and taking over the castles to balance the strong guilds would be a blast. image

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by teakbois

Cause it was MOST peoples first mmorpg.