Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So the Mystic Chests give you potions that turn you into things. Hmm...

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

The devious side of me has been thinking of this for a bit... there are potions that turn you not only into critters, but plants and even furniture that I saw. Yes, you can become a tree, or a table.

I wonder if they work in WvW? I'm really  not sure if they do... but imagine being chased by a group, rounding a corner near a forest and changing to a tree... or being in a keep that's about to fall, finding a corner and becoming a chair?

Dare I hope that these potions may have... interesting applications?

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

It would be actually be very fun if that worked.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Probably not.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    "Guys! They left the keep open! Get inside!... Wow.... They put a little forest out here..."

Just not worth my time anymore.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

How does being a chair work for 45 minutes on a role playing server?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Well I for one could handle being a chair in the women's bath house.

actually i would roleplay a magic chair of humming.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Originally posted by Volkon

The devious side of me has been thinking of this for a bit... there are potions that turn you not only into critters, but plants and even furniture that I saw. Yes, you can become a tree, or a table.

I wonder if they work in WvW? I'm really  not sure if they do... but imagine being chased by a group, rounding a corner near a forest and changing to a tree... or being in a keep that's about to fall, finding a corner and becoming a chair?

Unfortunately, use of such items in WvWvW would be too fun.  They should allow it though.  I'd pay real money to have my whole guild disguised as furniture and suddenly murder the invaders. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• LordOuterLordOuter Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

"Guys! They left the keep open! Get inside!... Wow.... They put a little forest out here..."

LoL ^^

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Saxx0n

Well I for one could handle being a chair in the women's bath house.

actually i would roleplay a magic chair of humming.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

Is there anything Saxxon can't corrupt?

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

ya probably won't work in pvp and tab targetting would probably give you away either way if it was allowed anyway, but should be interesting, since an owl is one of the things you can become

• damagedamage Member UncommonPosts: 45

It dose work in wvw i changed in to a pink moa and sat outside the keep for like 2 min before some on started to attack me, down side is it shows your name above you.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

From what I've seen from the Mystic chests (and how they were used in GW1), they don't really drop anything of consequence. It's kind of a crap shoot between novelty items, decent rare weapons, materials, etc. Not the best stuff, but not the worst either.

It would be hilarious, though, to have a raid of moas charging at you in WvW. They would be completely useless (the transformation potions don't really make you stronger, and in most cases they actually make you weaker). As for if they can be used in WvW, I'm honestly not sure.

• oblitrifyoblitrify Member Posts: 14

Ok, now that sounds like a lot of fun!  You would never be sure of what or who is around it would take sneak attacks to a whole new level.

• GamerxyGamerxy Member Posts: 5

Using the flamethrower while beeing transformed is awesome. 

"Oh there is a tree. Looks nice." ...3 seconds later...DEAD "Damn where the hell came the fire from?!"

Imagine this situation as a chair =D

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I think it would be quite awesome to turn into a tree. But then some damn RPer would come along and try to climb me.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TheDorTheDor Member UncommonPosts: 84

The potions do not work in WvW or structured PvP. That was one of the first things I tried after opening my first chest. I believe the item text even says something along those lines, but I don't have a screenshot to prove it.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

lol had one turn me into a sexbot

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Is it considered P2W to be turned into a badger for 15 minutes?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603

Is it considered P2W to be turned into a badger for 15 minutes?

Completely.

We all know how OP badgers are!!

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35

Badgers aren't nearly as OP as Jack-a-lopes. I hear they are being nerfed for next BWE.

• RoybeRoybe Member UncommonPosts: 420

Originally posted by OrsonDiturno

Badgers aren't nearly as OP as Jack-a-lopes. I hear they are being nerfed for next BWE.

They are only OP if they are Honey Badgers.

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by OrsonDiturno

If they nerf the jack-a-lopes, I'm quitting and so is my guild, my aunt and my little sister. They think they can just not listen and over charge pay to win casual worst company since El Grecko took over, true action, lawsuit griefers... h h h haaaaattttteeeeee *pop*

edit - I might pay to be an army of surprise chairs.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

you made lol, "move along.....nothing to see here but a bunch of tree."

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Originally posted by TheDor

The potions do not work in WvW or structured PvP. That was one of the first things I tried after opening my first chest. I believe the item text even says something along those lines, but I don't have a screenshot to prove it.

Wrong. They work in WvWvW, but not during combat. As soon as you enter combat *poof* and you're out.  But they do work.  I charged along side a raid as a Pink Moa during the BWE until I shot a fireball and popped out of it.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Siphaed

Originally posted by TheDor

Wrong. They work in WvWvW, but not during combat. As soon as you enter combat *poof* and you're out.  But they do work.  I charged along side a raid as a Pink Moa during the BWE until I shot a fireball and popped out of it.

You know... some of the trees you can change into are huge. Someone would have to look way up to see a nametag.

Hmm... there's hope yet...

Oderint, dum metuant.