Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What races do you want to see added?

2»

Comments

• UberAnakhUberAnakh Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by lifesbrink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness

For anyone else, this article gives a good summary of the races.  Many of them, of course, stem from humans.

Wow a lot of stuff there... is this a single player game? I mean is there an old sinle-player WoD?

To me, WoW is not a success at all.

• UberAnakhUberAnakh Member Posts: 5

pffs i quoted my previous text while i was trying to edit it. stupid me...

To me, WoW is not a success at all.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Originally posted by UberAnakh

Originally posted by lifesbrink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness

For anyone else, this article gives a good summary of the races.  Many of them, of course, stem from humans.

Wow a lot of stuff there... is this a single player game? I mean is there an old sinle-player WoD?

There are some run and gun single player and co-op games I think. Where you play hunters. There is  the Vampire the Masquerade: bloodlines which is  older but still a good game.

You can get it at Steam here for $19.99 (it's worth it still I think) or wait for their many sales:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/ 

I got mine for free when I became a member of Fileplanet about 4 years ago.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Orcs and maybe High elves

j/k  not really a race but I hope as an option we can be Anarchs or Sabat not just lame ass cammie posers

of course taht opens up a whole new can of worms...if they allow Sabat...i wanna be able to play Black Hands  :)   lol gimme gimme gimme...and I want mages too...not later..now!!! 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• rcubanorcubano Member Posts: 68

My guess of what clans will be playable at launch (this is a guess, not based on inside-info):

Brujah

Ventrue

Nosferatu

Toreador

Tremere

Gangrel

Malkavian

Playable Sabbat will be an expansion.  Independants an expansion.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    The Blood Raider race:
    First they raid blood depots in Bhaalgorns and suck them dry with large nosferatus. And then they shoot vampires from orbit w/ t2 pulses & Ultraviolet L, almost like in the movie "Underworld".
  • NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Obviously Demon: the fallen...and definetly play with the house of Lammasu or Namaru.
  • ARJDWARJDW Member Posts: 2

races? what races? race: human and alternative life vampire

mages, werewolves? wtf sorry but what skill can have werewolf? only eating bodies or something year can be powerfull or fast but is he using magic or weapon? no he is a weapon of nature and thats all so if they will make werewolf u just turn into it and tada start killing,

about mages? again wtf? as the vampire maybe yes but as human pfff some1 is joking here? like malkavians tremiere tzimitsie maybe nosferatu.

humans should be there but they are very weak and need to work as a team or they die and bye cya after u respawn

sabbath and camarilla are factions but why we should not make a little deeper into this? creating own faction?

and clans whe all know clans like brujah, gangrel, giovanni etc. but there should be some1 whos the strongest in the clan, like headmaster of clan or something like that and above all clans vampire lord or something like that who transforms into Lasombra clan ( same as Dracula i guess without reflect in mirror) still have same abilities as his old clan but got newer

the best thing is to have an option starting the game as human or starting the game as vampire and humans can turn into vampire after quests or werewolf or just pick your destiny from those 3 and cant change anything

its too much options to choose how the game should be created but i think all 13 clans should be in it humans as vampire/werewolves hunters too and werewolves or werewolves only as mobs to gain xp

no wait ..... how to make this game to have fun while playing? maybe only vampire clans and humans and werewolves as mobs to exp? but most important question is in what times its gonna be? maybe like masquerade redemption first part in medieval age or times that we have now 2nd part of redemption or bloodlines...

• ARJDWARJDW Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by rcubano

My guess of what clans will be playable at launch (this is a guess, not based on inside-info):

Brujah

Ventrue

Nosferatu

Toreador

Tremere

Gangrel

Malkavian

Playable Sabbat will be an expansion.  Independants an expansion.

those are starting clans in bloodlines and playable clans and malkavians rocks!!!!!!

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Mummies would be the shit....You can kill me all you want...I wont stay dead.  Of course everybody will respawn so umm I guess Mummies would kinda not have a unique thing

Revenants were pretty broke ( ie the Crow)  mix of wraith and Vampy abilities

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• FreyjFreyj Member Posts: 8

I would love for them to put in Garou.. but.. I dunno how they would balance them. Your average Garou fresh out of character creation will absolutely maul your average Kindred with the same number of points. I mean it's not even a fight in most cases.

Garou have Crinos their war form which buffs their strength and stamina. They have aggrivated damage on demand thanks to their claws and teeth. They get extra attacks by spending rage, and finally they regenerate! I suppose brand new Kindred could hope his Dominate manages to land, but honestly they have little chance in close quarters combat, even the tougher clans like the Gangrel and Brujah aren't much of a threat until they get a bit older.

heh.. I forgot about Stepping Sideways or Gifts.. Yeah.. Garou OP.

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by Valmarill

Mage would be awesome .. the wall they might hit in development is, that truly you can customize your spells to such a degree that how would they standardize it without losing the flavor of Mage entirely? You can literally create spells using the different schools of magic 'on-the-fly' as many of the players in our table top do. I'm not syaing this is impossible to do in a computer game but I think the mechanics would have any designer scratiching their head for years and making compromises taht might turn the hardcore Mage fans off.. Alot of the Mage game spells comes down to a ruling by the Storyteller who decides whether or not what the player wants to do is even possible and a "You'll need this many dice to pull that off." 

It would be interesting to see how they handle this.

The other WoD templates are much more straightforward and allow a lot less tweaking. Some Geist powers are determined by the player but on the whole they are standardized. Vampires and Werewolves would probably be the easiest to transition into a computer game. Do you think they could bring Mage to MMO and truly maintain the integrity of the Table-top? I have to say, I am a bit skeptical.

Just now seeing this, so my reply is a bit dated.  I admit I know nothing of Mage.  However, your description made me think of Ryzom (that little game that so few played.)  In Ryzom you could customize your own abilities.  When you trained a new skill you also learned all the components with it.  An ability was made of severeal components (range, damage +, heal +, mana cost, spray(AE effect.)  You could create custom abilities.  However, there was a weight scale.  If you added more damage you had to decrease range or increase mana or health cost.  Something to balance the scale.  Otherwise your fumble chance increased with the ability.

I don't see why they couldn't do something similar with Mage.  Your learn components from the different spheres and they are all weighted.  You can mix and match components as long as you end up with a balanced spell.  You can try for unbalanced spells but your fumble chance increases(or whatever the negative effect would be in Mage..Paradox, thank you wikipedia.)

In Ryzom my friend and I created great downtime heals.  I could heal him for virutually no mana cost, but the range was so little I had to be standing on top of him.  In turn he could restore most of my mana, but it cost him a portion of his life.  It was fun to create these abilties.  They were only useful in downtime because to balance the abilities we had to decrease the range to lowest possible setting.  It just meant we never had to rest long after fights.  Granted that was back in the day when games actually had resting.  Now you just keep soloing with no downtime in most games.

As for the OP, I dont' know enough about the various races in oWoD to suggest playable ones.  I think the primary clans would be a good starting point.  Atlhough Mummy does sound cool.

• ksternalksternal Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Differnet types of the were-creatures including Werewolf, wereleopard, werecobra, weretiger would be cool. They could start off not understanding their gift at the beginning and work toward being a Alpha Male/ Female.
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Race?  I think genre was the word the OP was looking for.  Mages are still human, as are Hunters.

I find it interesting that this is taking so long, yet is set in the setting they stopped producing 5+ years ago.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

It's pretty obvious that adding extra races depends on the success of the initial vampire game.  If it does well, there will be resources to expand the scope of the World Of Darkness.  If WoD is just a mildly profitable, very slow growth game, then I doubt we'll ever see the investment required. 

Werewolves would easily be the easiest WoD race to add from a developmental point of view, and also probably the easiest to market, so I'd expect that this would be the first expansion if there is one.

How in the hell they could do playable mages properly I have no idea. I'd rather not see them as playable at all than see them as "I cast a fireball!" type generic magic users.  And then of course there's the power differential. I think mages would have to remain as plot-generating NPCs.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I hope for all of the clans to be present. I was always from Tremere myself....
  • Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39
    For the record, only kindred and mortals playable at launch, that's stated fact from CCP. Though the other entites in the WoD setting will be present in the game as lore, NPC's. However they did say down the road after launch more races from WoD may enter the game as playable via expansions or updates.

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

• NonderyonNonderyon Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Malcanis

It's pretty obvious that adding extra races depends on the success of the initial vampire game.  If it does well, there will be resources to expand the scope of the World Of Darkness.  If WoD is just a mildly profitable, very slow growth game, then I doubt we'll ever see the investment required. 

yes,i thought it too, this is gona be "Vampire: The masquerade & some other things" at first for sure... :(

I dont like Vamps at all, no,  not hate them, but still...same goes with wolfs and hunters...so i pick demons, but sure when everithing goes well for the game is last one to be implemented along with mage...

BUT, i am more curious about how they make this feel like "real" WoD at all...