Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Quests ever

13»

Comments

• uofa13luofa13l Member Posts: 29

just wanted to state two things.

As of 5/8/2012 NA TERA does not have a cash shop. It will probably have one eventually but it does not have one now.

As for the actual topic "the quests" I personally hate questing and man made storylines in an MMO. I personally play MMO's to create my "own" story with my character (not an RP'er btw). I actually thought until recently that most MMO gamers were like this but the last few years have shown me to be an odd outlier.

That being said my older brother is the complete opposite. If an MMO is boring storywise he will not play it for more than a few days. While the yellow quests are standard quests with minimal story (sporewalkers are killing my crops kill 10 and....) the red quests, storyline quests, are actually very well done. My brother read the background lore provided while installing the game and watches every second of every story-line cutscene and he is loving it. He will actually text me to log in because he wants to see what happens next.

Dont get me wrong his excitement has not convinced me to watch one cutscene or read an entire quest yet but that is because it is not my thing. For someone who does love that stuff the storyline quests seem extremely well done.

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171

Originally posted by uofa13l

just wanted to state two things.

As of 5/8/2012 NA TERA does not have a cash shop. It will probably have one eventually but it does not have one now.

As for the actual topic "the quests" I personally hate questing and man made storylines in an MMO. I personally play MMO's to create my "own" story with my character (not an RP'er btw). I actually thought until recently that most MMO gamers were like this but the last few years have shown me to be an odd outlier.

That being said my older brother is the complete opposite. If an MMO is boring storywise he will not play it for more than a few days. While the yellow quests are standard quests with minimal story (sporewalkers are killing my crops kill 10 and....) the red quests, storyline quests, are actually very well done. My brother read the background lore provided while installing the game and watches every second of every story-line cutscene and he is loving it. He will actually text me to log in because he wants to see what happens next.

Dont get me wrong his excitement has not convinced me to watch one cutscene or read an entire quest yet but that is because it is not my thing. For someone who does love that stuff the storyline quests seem extremely well done.

Can`t agree more on this one.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Now if they only fix the cutscene, so from what I heard there are 2 type of cutscene, video and live. video are the ones that require things the game engine can't so and those are the bad cutscene. the ones with mushy graphics and the voice out of sync. The llive ones are build with the game engine and graphic is clear, and voice match whats going on. I really hope they fix it XD

Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by rexzshadow

I seen larger GvG in cbt than GW2 WvW just saying.... and hell lot more stragety required too,

Why do people post crap like this?  Yes, Im sure you know for a fact based on limited beta testing that TERA PvP requires a lot less 'stragety' than GW2.  I am not saying it does or does not, but it is clearly 100% impossible to tell at this stage, especially since people havent had as much time to tweak with character customizations.  

Let me ask how much stragety can you possible have when more than half your force are people you don't know? Just in CBT i done good amount of GvG that was base on purely on stragety. My guild has taken on 1:2 and 1:3 ratio because our leader was a better stragist than the enemy guild. Also any two large guild waring can easly go 100+ vs 100+ not to say if some other guilds don't decide to join in to mess with them.

If people are upset about people bashing TERA, or even posting legitimate critiques, and one of your stock reponses is 'you obviously havent gotten past the starter zone, or it gets better at level xx', perhaps it is best not to be hypocritical and pass judgments based on equally limited experiences.

expect GW2 has been claimed to be the greatest game in existance from the start ot finish for god knows how long. Suddenly everyone start saying its only in Beta blah blah blah... mabye shouldn't have been to bold to proclaim it so great before.,

The reason why there is so much TERA vs. GW2 crap on these forums isn't the GW2 fans (mostly).  Ive been accused of being a GW2 fan or even a fanboi despite the fact that I have limited curiosity about the game and unsure if I will buy it or not.

It was mostly all GW2 fans till GW2 Beta and Tera launch where Tera finally pick up some support and have people fighting back for Tera. Before it was just 10 GW2 fan bashing Tera with like 2-3 people defending tera on the forum.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well, the game didn't work out in asia so they tried their luck with rest of the world... Not working that well, so fa, either...

I wonder what did they change so drastically from the asian market.. Maybe that's why the quests are so terrible?

Maybe they just added a lot of quests to the existing ones and that's why the story of the quests doesn't merge in so well... Just what I think :)

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

I seen larger GvG in cbt than GW2 WvW just saying.... and hell lot more stragety required too,

Why do people post crap like this?  Yes, Im sure you know for a fact based on limited beta testing that TERA PvP requires a lot less 'stragety' than GW2.  I am not saying it does or does not, but it is clearly 100% impossible to tell at this stage, especially since people havent had as much time to tweak with character customizations.  

Let me ask how much stragety can you possible have when more than half your force are people you don't know? Just in CBT i done good amount of GvG that was base on purely on stragety. My guild has taken on 1:2 and 1:3 ratio because our leader was a better stragist than the enemy guild. Also any two large guild waring can easly go 100+ vs 100+ not to say if some other guilds don't decide to join in to mess with them.

If people are upset about people bashing TERA, or even posting legitimate critiques, and one of your stock reponses is 'you obviously havent gotten past the starter zone, or it gets better at level xx', perhaps it is best not to be hypocritical and pass judgments based on equally limited experiences.

expect GW2 has been claimed to be the greatest game in existance from the start ot finish for god knows how long. Suddenly everyone start saying its only in Beta blah blah blah... mabye shouldn't have been to bold to proclaim it so great before.,

The reason why there is so much TERA vs. GW2 crap on these forums isn't the GW2 fans (mostly).  Ive been accused of being a GW2 fan or even a fanboi despite the fact that I have limited curiosity about the game and unsure if I will buy it or not.

It was mostly all GW2 fans till GW2 Beta and Tera launch where Tera finally pick up some support and have people fighting back for Tera. Before it was just 10 GW2 fan bashing Tera with like 2-3 people defending tera on the forum.

Here is a pretty secret piece of information, this may very well shatter your very existence:  Not every negatiive post is from a guild wars 2 fan.  And even if they are, the motivation isnt necessarily because they are a GW2 fan, but rather because they are a MMORPG fan.

Also zerg vs zerg strategy in a game with limited skill customization vs. objective based, multifactional PvP with heavy skill customization strategy are two completely different animals.  

Also, I'm guessing English isn't your primary language based on your post, but the word is 'strategy.'

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Originally posted by koljane

GW2 has more HYPE then true quality.

-Where did you get that idea? Where did you find something that's missing in the game from what they've promissed us (not to mention the game is still in beta and is more polished than any other mmorpg in it's released state).

Most agressive marketing I saw after AION and we know that NC Soft is also behind it.

- Are you sure about that? What marketing? The game had no aggressive marketing before the beta, nor does it have one now xD..

GW2 is a good game but not even close to the hype that is risen around it. Played BETA and I know that there is not so many things that can be changed before it comes.

- I wonder if you played the beta really, because if you did you would know EVERYTHING ANet promissed is in the game. Everything they've talked about and showed us IS THERE! So hype for whatever they told us is the actual real hype... If it wasn't so there wouldn't be so few people who didn't like the beta.  

Like i like to say: "If it looks like shit, and smells like shit............. it is shit" (Don`t say that GW2 IS shit).

-then why didn't you go with the "if it looks like a duck and moves like a duck.... what is it?"

WOW and GW2 are games that are basicly taking ideas that other ppl already implemented in their games.

Just i personaly dont like the ideas that GW2 took and that is it.

- just because you personaly don't like the ideas GW2 HAS (they didn't take anything, the ones you should be talking that took something is TERA since the main 4 devs are charged of theft from ANet) doesn't make it a bad game or bad ideas... GW2 actually has the most ideas which are original from any other mmorpg dev that I've seen. Not something you could say about TERA now, is it?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Here is a pretty secret piece of information, this may very well shatter your very existence:  Not every negatiive post is from a guild wars 2 fan.  And even if they are, the motivation isnt necessarily because they are a GW2 fan, but rather because they are a MMORPG fan.

Also zerg vs zerg strategy in a game with limited skill customization vs. objective based, multifactional PvP with heavy skill customization strategy are two completely different animals.  

Also, I'm guessing English isn't your primary language based on your post, but the word is 'strategy.'

Ya my spelling sucks so sorry if its messing =X and by strategy is when fighting in group require lot of strategy you use in real life war. Flanking, depending squishy hold postion. Shift to get in to better postion, don't get trap all those stuff. Doesn't require objective to make thing stratgic, the fight itself is. You can have all the objective in the world but if people can't work together because they are all random people there is no stragety just random mobs.

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Most agressive marketing I saw after AION and we know that NC Soft is also behind it.

I can truly say that 50% of ppl trolling about GW2 is not about the game as it is and what is bringing but about they whay they are trying to represent it.

GW2 is a good game but not even close to the hype that is risen around it. Played BETA and I know that there is not so many things that can be changed before it comes.

Like i like to say: "If it looks like shit, and smells like shit............. it is shit" (Don`t say that GW2 IS shit). 

WOW and GW2 are games that are basicly taking ideas that other ppl already implemented in their games.

FOR ADMINISTRATORS OF THIS FAIR SITE: 

- If you are banning ppl for posting things that can lead to ppl trolling and get into a non healty conversation you should aslo ban ppl that make treads like this one.

- Worst Quests ever -

Then I can make a tread like "GW2 is the worst game ever"

This kind of treads are made to make trolling to the highest and to make space and prise game you are geting money to do.

Even a sparow on a branch can see that you are well payed from NC Soft for taking down anything that is not GW2.

Let me remind you all what were reviews about SW:TOR and how they were hyping the forums now you can see treads like "Should SW:TOR go free-to-play".

Shame on you MMORPG !!!!

I don't understand your comments about GW2.  Well, actually I don't understand much of your post at all.  I played in GW2 beta.  It was everything the hype said it was.  I tried all aspects of the game including WvWvW, structured pvp, Dynamic Events, Story Quests.  Everything worked.  Performance only had a slight slowdown in WvWvW mass battles.    I don't understand what you are talking about with regard to GW2 stealing features from other games.  You need to actually give examples or your post doesn't mean shit.  From what I can tell, GW2 borrowed heavily from GW1 (also a great game).  The dynamic events are completely novel and fun.  They are not at all like public quests in WAR, which basically just added a timer onto a normal quest.  Dynamic events happen like actual events.  Mobs run around and try to accomplish their goals, rather than just sitting in a field eating grass.   Anyway, please try and post examples about your opinions because otherwise no one will take you seriously. 

And TERA does have the worst quests ever.  No contest.  Nothing but kill ten X.  Also a huge quantity of kill ten X.  That is the definitiion of a grinding game.  Even WoW and SWTOR had better quests, and I HATE those games.  TERA really dropped the ball with content design.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

It's amazing how angry some people get when others don't like what they like.

And it would be nice to read at least one thread that doesn't devolve into GW2 vs Tera. Can't people discuss the merits of a game, or the complaints that they have about a game without referencing the other? Saying "GW2 sucks" doesn't make Tera better, nor does saying "Tera sucks" make GW2 better, in the end they have to stand and offer enjoyment on their own.

And if you're going to troll a game, at least use correct information.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by Sorrow

Have to agree with the OP, I've gotten to level 50 on my main and into the 30's on my alts and the game has become just too boring to even borther logging into..

kill 10 of these now go kill 15 of those.. now 10 more of these now another 15 of those.... move to next hub rinse and repeat.. omfg kill me now.

3-5th  ranked guild on my server over 300 members and maybe 12 ppl logged on at any given time......

Oh and another thing what happened to the NEXUS( rift ) events they were so proud they had stolen from RIFT and were instituting in TERA?

ROFL.

A lvl 50 and more than one 30?

NO WONDER YOU'RE FUCKING BORED ALREADY.  god damn it.  go get a job or something.  you must literally be playing this game 12 hours a day.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Tera didnt bring nothing sooooooooooo revolutianary but it realy refreshing to play something with this cobat system.

About GW2 for you fan boys:

TERA and their ppl behind it never said thay are 2nd best game after WOW and they will not stop till they become numero uno !!

GW2 is worst gaming experience I ever had.

WHY? (I have to give a reason cause i was baned 3 times from Administrators for...... well,  beasicly they are right now on the payroll from NC Soft so you have to be cerful and SWTOR PR`s are not paying anymore so you can freely talk tresh about the game).

- GW2 is a GW1 with a bit polished graphics.

- GW2 implemented ideas from WArhammer Online and that is a good thing ????

-  They made a system where you do not even need to be part of any group and in any guid or to ever talk to anyone in game, nice game for PvP sociopats that are and should be treated as 2nd rated population in any game.

- Finaly, their combat system is the same old thing we saw in every other MMORPG from last 10 years.

GW2 is the game and have system like you live in a world called "DAILY QUESTS".

- Quests in GW2 are ...................... SERIOSLY............... LOL !!!!!!

Lol, it must hurt to be so missinformed.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by NBlitz

Red quests = story line quests. Those you read and pay attention to and are short, interesting and sometimes provide cutscenes.

Yellow quests = TASKS. The text in these can be neglected. It's not as if these are presented with walls of text (they're not!).

I am lvl 22 and there are hardly, maybe 0 red quests between lvls 13-22 and that makes for some boring task quests

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

So another TERA vs GW2 thread......

1. SWTOR is a much better comparsion

Why? First, it is already out and not still in beta. Second, SWTOR is the exact opposite to TERA: The game-experience when you not play (voice-acting, sequences, story, etc) is the best you can get in any MMO. But the game-experience when you actually play (that means fighting like in all MMOs) is way much better in TERA. This is the reason why I never played SWTOR, fighting looked so boring in every video, it was like WoW in space.

2. We already now that

Read any preview or review out there in the internet. You will always get the same information "Questing in TERA is not good." Come on, 50% of all threads here tell you the same. But the game has other qualities. And there are still plans for more interesting content.

3. Guild Wars 2

No there is not a conspiracy between NCsoft and MMORPG.com. The GW2 beta is just great. 90% of all testers love the game and many would already pay to just play every day the few things that are already playable. So the hype is well-earned. I remember that shortly before Vanguard was released most beta testers were appalled by the fact that it was so unpolished. There were thousands of posts, where players begged for a delay of the release date, because they feared, that an unfinished game would fail (and they were right). But this is not the case n GW2. Everything we see is very polished already and fun. And release is still 4 months away at least.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

Originally posted by korent1991

-Where did you get that idea? Where did you find something that's missing in the game from what they've promissed us (not to mention the game is still in beta and is more polished than any other mmorpg in it's released state).

- Are you sure about that? What marketing? The game had no aggressive marketing before the beta, nor does it have one now xD..

- I wonder if you played the beta really, because if you did you would know EVERYTHING ANet promissed is in the game. Everything they've talked about and showed us IS THERE! So hype for whatever they told us is the actual real hype... If it wasn't so there wouldn't be so few people who didn't like the beta.  

-then why didn't you go with the "if it looks like a duck and moves like a duck.... what is it?"

- just because you personaly don't like the ideas GW2 HAS (they didn't take anything, the ones you should be talking that took something is TERA since the main 4 devs are charged of theft from ANet) doesn't make it a bad game or bad ideas... GW2 actually has the most ideas which are original from any other mmorpg dev that I've seen. Not something you could say about TERA now, is it?

All I can say to this is............ WTF !!!!

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Originally posted by eddieg50

Yes especially after playing Swtor which has excellent quests.  That being said Tera is not a bad game but think how much better it would be with decent quests.  How people play PvE with this game is beyond me.  This game is strictly a hardcore PvP game

I found the quests in SWTOR to be worse.  Much more repetative and less variety.  All kill 10 of whatever.

Just because the quest text is voiced by some amatuer voice actor doesn't mean there was more to them.  In fact I'd say there was less to them.

I'm up to level 40 now and TERA has been the best PVE experience for an MMO I've played.  The quests are definitely better than I expected, especially the story quests.

LOL LOL LOL   what game you were you playing, if you want to say that swtor does not have the mmo elements you were looking for I would prob agree with you but to say swtor quests were worse than Tera  ROFL, sorry dude but that is just silly.  Even the people who like Tera (and i think besides the quests iti is a decent game) admit the quests are awful. you are welcome to your own opinion of course but whoooo

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Yes especially after playing Swtor which has excellent quests.  That being said Tera is not a bad game but think how much better it would be with decent quests.  How people play PvE with this game is beyond me.  This game is strictly a hardcore PvP game

I found the quests in SWTOR to be worse.  Much more repetative and less variety.  All kill 10 of whatever.

Just because the quest text is voiced by some amatuer voice actor doesn't mean there was more to them.  In fact I'd say there was less to them.

I'm up to level 40 now and TERA has been the best PVE experience for an MMO I've played.  The quests are definitely better than I expected, especially the story quests.

LOL LOL LOL   what game you were you playing, if you want to say that swtor does not have the mmo elements you were looking for I would prob agree with you but to say swtor quests were worse than Tera  ROFL, sorry dude but that is just silly

Ya thats just a big load of crap if I ve ever read one. Even the biggest Tera fanbois agree the quest are lacking. Was a nice try, ah who am I kidding, it was a terrible attempt.

Originally posted by BigHatLogan

I can truly say that 50% of ppl trolling about GW2 is not about the game as it is and what is bringing but about they whay they are trying to represent it.

FOR ADMINISTRATORS OF THIS FAIR SITE: 

- If you are banning ppl for posting things that can lead to ppl trolling and get into a non healty conversation you should aslo ban ppl that make treads like this one.

- Worst Quests ever -

Then I can make a tread like "GW2 is the worst game ever"

This kind of treads are made to make trolling to the highest and to make space and prise game you are geting money to do.

Even a sparow on a branch can see that you are well payed from NC Soft for taking down anything that is not GW2.

Let me remind you all what were reviews about SW:TOR and how they were hyping the forums now you can see treads like "Should SW:TOR go free-to-play".

Shame on you MMORPG !!!!

I don't understand your comments about GW2.  Well, actually I don't understand much of your post at all.  I played in GW2 beta.  It was everything the hype said it was.  I tried all aspects of the game including WvWvW, structured pvp, Dynamic Events, Story Quests.  Everything worked.  Performance only had a slight slowdown in WvWvW mass battles.    I don't understand what you are talking about with regard to GW2 stealing features from other games.  You need to actually give examples or your post doesn't mean shit.  From what I can tell, GW2 borrowed heavily from GW1 (also a great game).  The dynamic events are completely novel and fun.  They are not at all like public quests in WAR, which basically just added a timer onto a normal quest.  Dynamic events happen like actual events.  Mobs run around and try to accomplish their goals, rather than just sitting in a field eating grass.   Anyway, please try and post examples about your opinions because otherwise no one will take you seriously. 

And TERA does have the worst quests ever.  No contest.  Nothing but kill ten X.  Also a huge quantity of kill ten X.  That is the definitiion of a grinding game.  Even WoW and SWTOR had better quests, and I HATE those games.  TERA really dropped the ball with content design.

Did you copy/paste the preview writen by a GW fan boy?

Please man don`t serve me this kind of bull.

This discussion has been closed.