Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Race will you choose?

SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

What race will u choose to start GW2 ?

i myself will stat as little but deadly Asura !! 

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Probably human, but I have to play test the Slyvari and Asura before I can truthfully answer that.

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

From what I've seen of the Asura starting zone, the Mad Scientist vibe will be for me. I think Im going to do an Asura Warrior (Sniper.)

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

I figure that since the Sylvari and the Asura are the last to be in BWE that their respective starting areas will be a higher quality. Mostly because the developers will have learned tips and tricks from designing the previous starting areas.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I am running the Med City Half Marathon on the 27th...

Oh wait! You meant in the game...What ever I select that day!

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

First one will be a Sylvari guardian, I like the concept and general attitude of the sylvari so far, and their theme song is my favorite of the race songs in the unofficial soundtrack you can hear on youtube.

Other chars I'll make will be a norn mesmer (I want to see how does a big fat norn look like in mesmer fancy clothes) and an asuran warrior.. :)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

I couldn't get into the Norn during the beta, don't really know why, I think it's just the first few events were a little boring. You know, become a snow leopard and kill some critters. Charr were also too, I don't know, industrial and dark I guess. Humans I like a lot, but I got to level 20 or 21 and don't really want to play it all again right from the get go. I've never like playing small characters. I'm going to avoid playing Sylvari like the plague in the upcoming BWEs because I want it to be fresh and brand new once the game launches. Loved my human thief though, and my main will be a Sylvari thief once the game launches.

• AvatarBladeAvatarBlade Member UncommonPosts: 757

Probably asura since I like the fact that they are the technologically advanced race of GW2. Not to mention that it seems they might get a racial elite that summons a battlesuit.

Sylvari / human.... on fence.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

ARG! WHY?!?!? ok so i voted Asura because I am about 60% sure on them, 40% Sylvari.. basically need to play them to fully decide. I also loved the Norn and will def. have a Norn alt.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Probably human, because I need to look sexy.  (Sylvari just look like kindling to me)

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

Im shocked no human votes yet, they always are so high up in these polls.

HAHA JUST as I posted this they got one =P

Originally posted by ariboersma

Im shocked no human votes yet, they always are so high up in these polls.

HAHA JUST as I posted this they got one =P

Thats how it goes...lol

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Will be trying all races and classes.  I have a chart already figured out which races for which classes.

Originally posted by svann

Will be trying all races and classes.  I have a chart already figured out which races for which classes.

share! I am really curious about pairings ppl are going for.

For instance my main will be ranger and will be asura or sylvari, then my ele will be asura or norn depending on the main choice.. beyond that its more "depending on" things.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

Sylvari Ele as main and first alt will be Asura Engi

Sylvari Warrior

Human Necromancer

Norn Ranger

Asura Mesmer

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

every race other than humans look amazing. i hate humans in every game though =S

im starting with Norn guardian, Asura engineer and Sylvari ranger. Charr warrior and Sylvari thief will be my secondary.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Human warrior

Norn guardian

Norn ranger

Haven't thought about the rest.. but I doubt I'll be rolling an Asura for a long time if at all.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Sylvari Necro

Asura Ele

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

one of the first characters i played around with during the last BWE was a charr and frankly i found the dialogue options beyond boring so when i picked another 3 options and was pleasently surprised that the dialogue improved dramatically so that redeamed the charr in my eyes a bit so gonna mostly pick charr and norn really liked norn as well.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

I really didnt think that Sylvari would get so many votes! 

thats why polls are nice xD

Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

I really didnt think that Sylvari would get so many votes! 

thats why polls are nice xD

yeah just by observation from the last BWE - I would have guessed charr top spot.... That was like 75% of all players that I seen.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by svann

share! I am really curious about pairings ppl are going for.

For instance my main will be ranger and will be asura or sylvari, then my ele will be asura or norn depending on the main choice.. beyond that its more "depending on" things.

sylvari ranger - nature lover

norn thief because I think a shapeshifting thief would be cool

norn warrior because norn are pretty big, could also go char

char guardian because they are fighter body types and because the ranged racials might cover for lack of profession ranged skills

asura engineer  obvious

asura elementalist obvious

human necromancer because I think humans are kind of an evil bunch

human mesmer even though humans are evil theyre also likeable, and because I already have 2 asura picks

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Starting with a Norn Necromancer.  The norn tend to not be too keen on messing with the dead...so an outcast I will be.  :P

When I get to it, I'll roll a Slyvari Ranger as my first alt, not sure yet what quirk that one will have.

Since the BWE gave me a bunch of respect for the Thief, that will probably be my eventual third profession.  Not sure about race yet, but most likely Asura.

Humans are too....well....human for me, and I don't care much for the Charr.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I tend to play humans in D&D campaigns, because I love teh flexibility the human race has.

One of the things about nonhuman races in EVERY fantasy setting is that they tend to be stereotypes. Orcs are brutes, Elves love trees, Dwarves need to bathe...A human can be anything he wants to.

That said, one of my characters, either Mesmer or Thief, will be human. Possibly both. I do like the idea of a Sylvari mesmer though. 

I may make a Sylvari Necro, cause the juxtaposition of a creature so deeply connected with life and a profession that is obsessed with death seems like fun.

Asura Ranger. Because nothing says "Little techno-magic man" then being a rugged outdoorsy type with animal friends.

I like to be weird.