Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Estimated Price of Diablo 3 Gold and other RMAH FACTS

124»

Comments

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Sooo... if D3 didnt have a RMAH everything would be nice and dandy and no one would cry. The fact that they do, and they give you a chance to make some cash, even if it will be very little, makes people go into rage and throw insults here and there because the cut Blizzard takes is too high? If you feel that the "work" you've put in for aquiring the item/commodity you wish to sell is worth more than what you will make from the RMAH, just don't use the darn thing. It's not a forced built-in mechanic.

I wish they replace boss drops with boxes containing loot, and also replace the RMAH with a cash shop which sells XP buffs and keys for those boxes, that's in GW2 and fanboys are trying to convince everyone here from weeks that it's an absolutely fine system, the company has to make money post release.

I actually wish that this kind of RMAH system, where the company takes its cut, would take the place of the usual cash shop which many games have.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    More QQ'ing we all know how it works, like it or lump it.
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by onlinenow25

Originally posted by Drakxii

This.  Blizzard's RMAH will work even with the high fees because the buyer doesn't want to be scammed.  Will people still buy from other place sure, but most people will buy from the AH.   Just like most people will buy a console from gamestop or best buy and not out of some guy's truck in an empty parking lot.

Heres the thing that none of you are considering.

You are all acting as if these 3rd party sites are 100% shady.  If they were so shady then how have they made so much profit?  They have no reason to steal your credit card information because then you will not go back to them.  They have every reason to be just as good as Blizzard.

Also these "shady" websites are already established.  I don' t know of any because I don't buy in game items but I do know people that have, and they bought a lot of stuff and never got banned nor scammed.  The in game Item selling market is already there.  Its already establish.  Its already safe for those that use it often.

Tell me are those that already buy gold/items from 3rd party sites going to spend extra money on something they know they can get from a 3rd party site for cheaper?

Blizzard is going to have a hard time forcing people to go through their avenue of selling items vrses someone elses.  Thier EULA does not protect them from most laws in court.  Espeically because its forced to accept.

For a buyer they can risk going 3rd party, yes even from established websites you can get burned. You will eventually get banned and even more so now more than ever. It is illegal and you will get banned, don't think you won't.

As for the selling 3rd party, you can't just join D2buyer.com and expect to sell shit at no cost if at all. Any website that does something illegal is shady, don't try and legitimize an illegal operation.

You can not profit off a company using that companys resources without their consent. If you don't like the rules don't play the game.

First I would like to ask where did you hear its common to get burned?  Because the fact of the matter it is easy not to get caught.  So easy that it happens every day and accounts go on living.

I Have yet to meet a player that bought stuff from 3rd party websites and was banned for it.  Hell some of my high school friends bought items off 3rd party sites.  Only to use the items he bought to make money off the game.  

Yet it seems you didn't understand what the point of my post was because you responded terribly.  I don't know what 3rd party sites you are refering to but that people I played some MMO's with they always got their items/gold.  They bought a lot and I played with these guys for a few years.

The people that are getting banned are usually the exploiters and the hackers/botters, not the item buyers.  Hell a buddy got away with selling his WoW account.  He then got it back because it was frozen and is now playing that account today.

Tell me, how did he get burned making $650 on his WoW character/account and gets it back later on?

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345

Originally posted by Drakxii

This.  Blizzard's RMAH will work even with the high fees because the buyer doesn't want to be scammed.  Will people still buy from other place sure, but most people will buy from the AH.   Just like most people will buy a console from gamestop or best buy and not out of some guy's truck in an empty parking lot.

Heres the thing that none of you are considering.

You are all acting as if these 3rd party sites are 100% shady.  If they were so shady then how have they made so much profit?  They have no reason to steal your credit card information because then you will not go back to them.  They have every reason to be just as good as Blizzard.

Also these "shady" websites are already established.  I don' t know of any because I don't buy in game items but I do know people that have, and they bought a lot of stuff and never got banned nor scammed.  The in game Item selling market is already there.  Its already establish.  Its already safe for those that use it often.

Tell me are those that already buy gold/items from 3rd party sites going to spend extra money on something they know they can get from a 3rd party site for cheaper?

Blizzard is going to have a hard time forcing people to go through their avenue of selling items vrses someone elses.  Thier EULA does not protect them from most laws in court.  Espeically because its forced to accept.

For a buyer they can risk going 3rd party, yes even from established websites you can get burned. You will eventually get banned and even more so now more than ever. It is illegal and you will get banned, don't think you won't.

As for the selling 3rd party, you can't just join D2buyer.com and expect to sell shit at no cost if at all. Any website that does something illegal is shady, don't try and legitimize an illegal operation.

You can not profit off a company using that companys resources without their consent. If you don't like the rules don't play the game.

First I would like to ask where did you hear its common to get burned?  Because the fact of the matter it is easy not to get caught.  So easy that it happens every day and accounts go on living.

I Have yet to meet a player that bought stuff from 3rd party websites and was banned for it.  Hell some of my high school friends bought items off 3rd party sites.  Only to use the items he bought to make money off the game.  

Yet it seems you didn't understand what the point of my post was because you responded terribly.  I don't know what 3rd party sites you are refering to but that people I played some MMO's with they always got their items/gold.  They bought a lot and I played with these guys for a few years.

The people that are getting banned are usually the exploiters and the hackers/botters, not the item buyers.  Hell a buddy got away with selling his WoW account.  He then got it back because it was frozen and is now playing that account today.

Tell me, how did he get burned making $650 on his WoW character/account and gets it back later on?

So.. you friend sold his WoW account for $650 and then got it back, sounds like you know of someone who got burned.

Zing

• borkenvideoborkenvideo Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by dubyahite

Oh and another thing, people keep saying "durr it's basic economics and business duh. Take a business class idiot. Geez "

From what I understand, businesses tend to pass their costs on to their customers. If costs go up, so do prices. This is what I have been saying.

Wow you are the biggest troll ever... No doubt about it..

There is no concern about the cost to player, or how the player can pass on the cost to the buyer lol.... The point is what the HIGH PRICE does to the OUTSIDE market.. Drill a hole in your head and let out the air man.

Your giving me business tips? I have been in business at the same location for over 50 years. I have a feeling you're not even in business.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

the only thing i dont agree with here is the max of $250 per sale. other than that.. fees a bit exagerated but im sure they will lower them as more and more people starts using the real cash auction house.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by borkenvideo

Oh and another thing, people keep saying "durr it's basic economics and business duh. Take a business class idiot. Geez "

From what I understand, businesses tend to pass their costs on to their customers. If costs go up, so do prices. This is what I have been saying.

There is no concern about the cost to player, or how the player can pass on the cost to the buyer lol.... The point is what the HIGH PRICE does to the OUTSIDE market.. Drill a hole in your head and let out the air man.

Your giving me business tips? I have been in business at the same location for over 50 years. I have a feeling you're not even in business.

Say's the guy on an alt account stirring up crap on the Diablo forums.

Anyways, if you've been in business for 50 years, you understand and can appreciate the need for a company to make a profit off of their products.  

Also that makes you what 60-70 years old? 

Oh, nevermind. Your profile says you're 22. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by EduardoASG

the only thing i dont agree with here is the max of $250 per sale. other than that.. fees a bit exagerated but im sure they will lower them as more and more people starts using the real cash auction house.

Why so people can drastically overprice items because you know that is exactly what is going to happen.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

"The guy is on drugs, if i sell gold, i get charged by blizzard 15%, then i cash out that money, i get charged 15%. He's like a CPA, thats how you go broke and they get rich..."

You are the "bad seller" I was talking about.

If you don't pass on the 15% transaction fee to your buyers then you are dumb.

Like I said, if I want to make $10 off an item, I sell it for $11.50. Again, basic math.

If you are able to up the price on an item to mitigate the 15% cost, one could argue the item is actually worth the upped price. Then you will still lose out on the 15% with the adjusted price.

Originally posted by borkenvideo

Say's the guy on an alt account stirring up crap on the Diablo forums.

Anyways, if you've been in business for 50 years, you understand and can appreciate the need for a company to make a profit off of their products.  

Also that makes you what 60-70 years old? 

Oh, nevermind. Your profile says you're 22. 

Your still talking about a profit, like that is the topic, the fee or blizzards income has nothing to do with this topic, why are you even here?!?, its like going to a dog race and your talking about hot dogs.. WTF?!?!

If you read anything i posted, which obvious you can't comprehend, Blizzard loses 45-50% more money by overcharging. I've read enough to know your pointless and paid to troll and boost count... welcome to the ignore list, btw im 66

you forgot to muliply by 3, thats internet rule yo dog. trolls should know that

Originally posted by omegadethh7

Can we trade in the blizz cash for prizes like at a chuckie cheese?

Yes you can use funds to buy stuff from blizzard such as subscriptions etc, i would imagine stuff from the bliz store.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    "Blizzard loses 45-50% more money by overcharging"

Made up number. Pure speculation.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com