Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World Beta Weekend key give-away via Gamespot

darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Hi fellow conspirators i just bagged a weekend Beta key for TSW,just check out Gamespot you will need to join if not joined but it's free,they are running in conjunction with Funcom so should be loads of keys,so get in there asap image

p>

Comments

• supbrosupbro Member Posts: 327

thx for the heads up !

This is the type of game that i wanna try before i buy :)

GW2 the future of MMO gaming

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Grabbed one, thanks for the post!

As supbro said, definitely a try before buy for me. Funcom and all.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Thank you for the heads up,  I picked one up as well.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Another pre-order exclusive beta down the drain.

Now we'll have the retards going

"GW2 IS SOO MUICH BETTER ATHATNE FSHTIS FAMECEG!"

"GW2 HAS BETTER COMABET SETTJ OTES"

"CHAR SO MUCH BETTER AMERUJW TJEW TSW TKENA!!!"

Lol,thanks for that i'm a GW2 buyer so i got into that Beta i'm not overly clever but no retard either !!

Anyhoo glad this post helped those so called  retards who wanna try  THE WEEKEND BETA EVENT  

which is not the same as Pre-ordering as it's a one time event only.

p>
  • rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

ty very much 

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Here is the link to the offer:

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/secret-world-pc/

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by darker70

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Another pre-order exclusive beta down the drain.

Now we'll have the retards going

"GW2 IS SOO MUICH BETTER ATHATNE FSHTIS FAMECEG!"

"GW2 HAS BETTER COMABET SETTJ OTES"

"CHAR SO MUCH BETTER AMERUJW TJEW TSW TKENA!!!"

Lol,thanks for that i'm a GW2 buyer so i got into that Beta i'm not overly clever but no retard either !!

Anyhoo glad this post helped those so called  retards who wanna try  THE WEEKEND BETA EVENT  

which is not the same as Pre-ordering as it's a one time event only.

Well it seems your reading comprehension is awful.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

Hopefully my new computer is in before the weekend, but seems I be getting it after the weekend though. Here is to hoping the weekend after that has a GW2 beta :P

Wow, just wanted to say that it's been a long time since I've played a Funcom game and holy crap is their site stupid as crap.

It kept randomly taking me to the pages for their other games when I clicked on stuff. Like I would click the link for the TSW download and I ended up on the AoC or AO pages.  What the crap is that. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by dubyahite

Wow, just wanted to say that it's been a long time since I've played a Funcom game and holy crap is their site stupid as crap.

It kept randomly taking me to the pages for their other games when I clicked on stuff. Like I would click the link for the TSW download and I ended up on the AoC or AO pages.  What the crap is that. 

Im a pre-order customer so didnt sign up on gamespot..

The downlaod link appears on my account page and when i click it i get the client download with no issues. Also tested a few other links on their site and everything appears to be working correctly.

Originally posted by Caldrin

The downlaod link appears on my account page and when i click it i get the client download with no issues. Also tested a few other links on their site and everything appears to be working correctly.

Well, I'm stumped.  Haha. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Yeah i made another account so i have AOC and TSW on my account page just made more sense to keep it seperate,and had no trouble 3 gig left of a 11 gig (sorry i originally said 15 Gig that is the install needed,DOH !) download so far so good fingers crossed.

p>
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

It kept randomly taking me to the pages for their other games when I clicked on stuff. Like I would click the link for the TSW download and I ended up on the AoC or AO pages. What the crap is that.

Well, I'm stumped. Haha.

Could it be a browser issue?  Maybe their site doesn't like whatever browser you are using?  Who knows with that company. 

From my reading of the beta event it is only for one faction, the Templars in only one area consisting of the Templars headquarters through kingsmouth.  Am I reading this wrong?  And does anyone know how much "content" this really is?  I use content in quotes not as a jab at the game but because different people view the word differently and what is content to one isn't to another.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Thank you for the info mate !

Yep their is an event for Kingsmouth basically the starter area as far as i know it's just Templars in this Beta.

p>
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Yeah I just had the same prob, at your AOC page, hit the drop down menu for your account on the left, the little white box that says your name (-name-(AOC)) and you'll see whatever name you made for TSW (-name-(tsw)) once you do that you'll be on your TSW account and the event DL link is right there.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by niceguy3978

[snip]

Could it be a browser issue?  Maybe their site doesn't like whatever browser you are using?  Who knows with that company. 

From my reading of the beta event it is only for one faction, the Templars in only one area consisting of the Templars headquarters through kingsmouth.  Am I reading this wrong?  And does anyone know how much "content" this really is?  I use content in quotes not as a jab at the game but because different people view the word differently and what is content to one isn't to another.

Probably just the starting area I'm guessing. 

TSW has to be careful about giving up too much of their content too early. All the mystery and puzzle solving stuff at least. I can imagine them holding back on a lot of that.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

Originally posted by Distopia

YEah I just had the same prob, at your AOC page, hit the drop down menu for your account on teh left, the little white box that says your name (-name-(AOC)) and you'll see whatever you name you made for TSW (-name-(tsw)) once you do taht you'll be on your TSW account an dteh link is right there.

Yeah I got it figured out after I posted that, but holy crap is that messy. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

YEah I just had the same prob, at your AOC page, hit the drop down menu for your account on teh left, the little white box that says your name (-name-(AOC)) and you'll see whatever you name you made for TSW (-name-(tsw)) once you do taht you'll be on your TSW account an dteh link is right there.

Yeah i think they are keeping the puzzle element even for regging the key more mystery and all that image

p>

Yeah i think they are keeping the puzzle element even for regging the key more mystery and all that image

Haha good one. +1

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

Tera - Dragonfall Server

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

HAHA, cool, couldn't wait to reply until I fixed all of those typos and horrible grammar? LMAO :P.

It is a mess, now I'm more suprised at the size of the DL, considering AOC was like 30 gigs during beta. 11 gigs was a surprise.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Haha good one. +1

Thanks glad some one appreciates my dry British wit  image

p>
  • eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

I hate to be a nagging nelly but I would stay clear of gamespot if I was anything at all releated to a real gamer.  Its more of a business site then it is a gaming site in my eyes.  I stopped using them a year ago after how strict there forums were, there so mainstream they cant really answer your questions besides push you to the side like ur some nobody, at least thats what happened to me. Just thought id tell my thoughts about "gamespot" before u fall into there evil clutches like I did.

ps. SO sooo very evilll :)

Originally posted by eycel

I hate to be a nagging nelly but I would stay clear of gamespot if I was anything at all releated to a real gamer.  Its more of a business site then it is a gaming site in my eyes.  I stopped using them a year ago after how strict there forums were, there so mainstream they cant really answer your questions besides push you to the side like ur some nobody, at least thats what happened to me. Just thought id tell my thoughts about "gamespot" before u fall into there evil clutches like I did.

Yep i was the same with File planet joined Prime when thay had loads of Beta's now they have bugger all compared to years ago,anyhow i just use Gamespot to check the latest release dates or previews most of the reviews these days are complete crap anyway,not like the good old days of  Pc Zone and yeah i'm old Crash and ZZZaap !!

p>
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

Just to make it clear the Gamespot keys are for the first beta w/e only, pre-order / getting Secret Agent in TSWar gets you into all (4 or 5) weekends.