Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone got a game in mind I can play for long term instead of a few months.

ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Title says it all... im tired of beign done after 2 months with everything.... Dosen't matter what sub model.

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Play current Rift. Pretty good on PvP as well as PvE.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Play current Rift. Pretty good on PvP as well as PvE.

Ah I think I will then.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Originally posted by Zecktorin

Title says it all... im tired of beign done after 2 months with everything.... Dosen't matter what sub model.

The problem is "what do you like'.

I can name many games that would take a long time to get through all the content. Lineage 2, Vanguard, heck the original EQ.

Aion is a very good game. I'm currently playing Tera and easily see me playing for quite some time.

but if you don't like the styles of those games, don't like low population or old graphics/game play then you won't stay.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ushiroyubiushiroyubi Member Posts: 7

Aion doesn't get enough love, imo.  It really has become a fantastic long-term game.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

You've got an Eve avatar, you finished with that in two months?  :P

I would recommend Eve, it's not a game that can be rushed, as far as skills.  Hell most of my skills now take a month to train.  Eve is about the only game in the past few years I have stuck around longer than a few months.  Not currently playing at the moment though, waiting for DUST to drop or some other significant changes.

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by Worstluck

You've got an Eve avatar, you finished with that in two months?  :P

I would recommend Eve, it's not a game that can be rushed, as far as skills.  Hell most of my skills now take a month to train.  Eve is about the only game in the past few years I have stuck around longer than a few months.  Not currently playing at the moment though, waiting for DUST to drop or some other significant changes.

I was thinking of eve, but im taking a break from it... nullsec wars take alot out of you mate. Still subbed and training skills tho.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Everquest 2 has a lot of content and you can pretty much lock your level wherever you want to be with the AA system.  The problem is most people are going to be focused on EQ 2's current endgame.  Unless you have an entire guild (or at the very least a solid group) of people who are willing to progress through all the content by stop gaping their levels from the start to finish it won't work out too well.

Rift's content won't last more than a few months if you are hardcore.  Leveling content only takes ~50-60 hours on a first playthrough.  After that you can run 5 man instances on expert for about a week.  Past that all your really have left to do is raiding, which depending on what type of guild you join will not last very long.  You might spend a few months in the new raid instance though, I haven't played recently so I'm not sure the difficulty compared to Hammerknell.  If you don't like raiding, then Rift's other PvE content is some of the quickest in any other MMO.  Definitely not a MMO I would recommend if you are looking at the long term.

Other longterm MMOs may be difficult to get into now.  It may be difficult to find other players to play Everquest for example with at certain levels in the game, and you really shouldn't play Everquest solo.

GW2 might be a safe bet, especially if you like PvP.  The PvP stuff could easily last you months.  TERA has decent PvP too, but I know the PvE endgame is lacking from what I heard from Korean players.

Most F2P games also offer long term commitments by being extremely grindy.  If you can stomach the grind pretty much any F2P can last you thousands of hours of gameplay.  I know this probably isn't what you are looking for, but if on the offchance you don't mind severe grinds and extremely spaced out content I'd recommend doing research on what F2P games are good to play without being heavily "Pay to Win".  If you want suggestions here I can offer you them.

So to sum it, there really isn't any good options for long term commitments at this point (as far as I know no new "progression" servers are being opened up in older MMOs), though you can try betting on one of the newer MMOs out there in which case I'd recommend either keeping an eye out for GW2 or Archeage.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

GW2 when it launches.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Gw2 isnt a long term game. Not that I wont buy it, but its not what you are looking for based on thread title. To each their own, but my long term game is FFXIV. Its come a long way, tons of content with new jobs, and continually being improved with 2.0 a few months out. Gotta be a FF fan though.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

EVE is the only real game worth that kind of thought at the moment. It's the only game you can buy today and know 110% will have brand new content for you a year or two down the road (with regards to what will be open to you by then as opposed today a few months from now).

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Thats what I wanted 5 years ago and in the end I choose Vanguard, which I still keep playing. Huge gameworld full of quests, lots of awesome and deep classes, each very different from the other, tough raiding, and a lot of secondary development possible (crafting, diplomacy). Also housing, mounts etc.

Rift ... I cant imagine that game to be very fun. It has just 4 classes. You're forced to pick 3 subclasses. I've seen a system like that in Dragon Age: Origins, and I really hated it.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

2 months is already "long term" for me.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Quirhid

2 months is already "long term" for me.

Exactly what I was thinking, at least these days it seems.

Maybe in the future there will be a title that grabs me long term, but now I just hope to get 2-3 months of fun out of a MMO before moving on to the next one.

Well, at least the variety is good.  image

OP already has played EVE, perhaps Uncharted Waters Online, heard that takes some time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ir1shguyIr1shguy Member UncommonPosts: 84
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Originally posted by helthros

EVE is the only real game worth that kind of thought at the moment. It's the only game you can buy today and know 110% will have brand new content for you a year or two down the road (with regards to what will be open to you by then as opposed today a few months from now).

let me correct that for you....  "the only game if you don't like WoW."

:)

@topic:

diablo 3 is comming out soon, if you know the diablo series, you might know this game will run for some time :P

guildwars also has quite the good history of releasing content, lets hope that will be repeated for GW2

and actually i am playing skyrim for more than 2 months now. it is possible :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

GW2 and TSW when they launch.  Play both, which I'm going to do, and boom, Happy Gamer!  For now...games like EQ2, Lotro, Vanguard can last quite awhile.  Go the sub route, it's just better that way.

• lokiboardlokiboard Member UncommonPosts: 229

Originally posted by Thane

Originally posted by helthros

let me correct that for you....  "the only game if you don't like WoW."

:)

@topic:

diablo 3 is comming out soon, if you know the diablo series, you might know this game will run for some time :P

guildwars also has quite the good history of releasing content, lets hope that will be repeated for GW2

and actually i am playing skyrim for more than 2 months now. it is possible :P

Skyrim is like salted cashews.....Delicious but holy cow your gonna get fat(inactivity of siting in front of your monitor for 100- 500 hours).....

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Rift is not "pretty good" at pvp, its abysmal at pvp even worse than swtor.

It's a good pve themepark if that's your bag though.
  • CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Zecktorin

I was thinking of eve, but im taking a break from it... nullsec wars take alot out of you mate. 

Only if you're mostly losing.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Hey i'll do my regular check this out reply as this will be stellar come 2013,but atm will hit Beta in June but worth keeping an eye on and joining us on the forums if your lucky u might get into Beta as well.

The Repopulation 

http://www.therepopulation.com/

Also Uncharted Waters is a great game if u like nautical stuff and STO is kinda fun as well,oh and Vanguard is going F2P so keep an eye out for that as well.

Also GW2 is well worth a pop no subs AAA,It's a steal in my book.

p>