Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Estimated Price of Diablo 3 Gold and other RMAH FACTS

borkenvideoborkenvideo Member Posts: 19

So we find out new tidbits today about the Diablo 3 Auction House and fee structure.

Two interesting new facts get released to us.

1. The max you can sell any item for is $250.00

More stupidness, if your account goes over $250.00 battle funds, you have to cash it out if you want to do more transactions..

Thus, forcing you to pay fee's and get tracked, and whatnot, and mostly not be able to play any sort of Foriegn Exchange games.

2. 100,000,000,000 gold is the most you can sell at a time.

I guess this means that 100,000,000,000 gold = $250 right now... Kinda sad.

More problems, 15% to sell it, and 15% to cash it out.. Means, I think most people will be dealing outside this RMAH system that is suppose to stop people from going outside and getting scammed.. Great job Blizzard, you say one thing and do another...Sorry no way can I justify 15% cash out... I'm a bit peev'd at these announcements today... Nothing this system does is for us, its all been a sham. The only winners here is Blizzard. Because they will force it outside and probably ban and clean up outside forces to keep the economy in check for their internal gains.... So much for the player... Last minute bs explained to cover their asses, trying to sneak it by us lol.

Comments

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

so wait i have to pay them 15% just to sell something and have it go to my account and another 15% to  take it out ?

-__- mofos think we asian  slaves

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

so wait i have to pay them 15% just to sell something and have it go to my account and another 15% to  take it out ?

I suppose you are lucky enough to never have to work for anyone else in your life, because anyone who works for another rarely earns equal or more than they produce.  Welcome to business.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I think they will also allow a few free posts a week. The RMAH is for those who want to use it. Nobody is forcing anybody into it. It's pretty much the same thing that D2 had with the 3rd party sites, just safer. If you want the sword of badassness then buy it, if not watch for it on the normal AH or farm it. I am not exactly sure why everybody is freaking out over this system, because like I stated it's exactly like D2 already.....at least there is a normal AH for players to use in-game gold.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

30% is 30 cents on the dollar. Take a 10 dollar sale as an example, with a listing fee of one dollar and the 30% on a 10 dollar sale you are still turning a profit of 6 dollars, which for you is what? 600% profit? The item you sold cost you zero. (NO you can't count what you paid for the box as cost, as it's a game you are playing, you'd probably play it without the RMT)

Here's the math, they get one dollar for the listing, and 30% of $10 is 3.00. $10-$4= 6.00

You are making money for something that you don't own, something that isn't real, something that doesn't exist anywhere but in a video game....  Can we cry anymore over hobby time money?

• JohabohaJohaboha Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by gilgamesh42

Asian slaves? You ever have a job??? In america you pay taxes on every single dollar you make, prolly right around 15% depending on how much you make ( i donno exactly how much not a tax expert...) and then you pay taxes on every single item you buy (legally.) 

point being look at how your own country operates before spouting your uneducated racial slurs

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I wonder how many people are going to try and pay rent by playing the game.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

You make a good point about this potentially failing to kill the illegal third-party market; why sell at the AH when you have to pay Blizzard twice if you can sell it outside the RMH and get 100% of the profit?

Your average user will not likely go this route, but then this system was (supposedly) never designed to deter the "average user" from selling wares illegally; it was meant to deter actual farmers, and it is those very people who are most likely to look at this system and say "why sell it in the RMH when we can just do things like we've always done and earn 100% of the profit?"

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Originally posted by xenorace

I think they will also allow a few free posts a week. The RMAH is for those who want to use it. Nobody is forcing anybody into it. It's pretty much the same thing that D2 had with the 3rd party sites, just safer. If you want the sword of badassness then buy it, if not watch for it on the normal AH or farm it. I am not exactly sure why everybody is freaking out over this system, because like I stated it's exactly like D2 already.....at least there is a normal AH for players to use in-game gold.

I think the issue is that, in attempting to create another revenue stream, Blizzard has reversed prior policy. The RMAH allows for two things: buying gold and P2W, at least as far as PvP goes when they implement it.

Remember, in 2008 they made the following statement:

Selling gold for real money and having characters power-leveled are violations of our Terms of Use and End User License Agreement, and we regularly take corrective action when we find that these services have been used.

Now of course, this was said in regards to World of Warcraft. But in the last year, Blizz has made BoE pets available in their store which can be sold on the AH for in-game gold. Now they are implementing this in D3 because they saw a significant untapped (for them at any rate) revenue stream. It's a slippery slope.

If you don't think that this has implications for future Blizz titles I think you're deceiving yourself.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by borkenvideo

So we find out new tidbits today about the Diablo 3 Auction House and fee structure.

More stupidness, if your account goes over $250.00 battle funds, you have to cash it out if you want to do more transactions..

Thus, forcing you to pay fee's and get tracked, and whatnot, and mostly not be able to play any sort of Foriegn Exchange games.

More problems, 15% to sell it, and 15% to cash it out.. Means, I think most people will be dealing outside this RMAH system that is suppose to stop people from going outside and getting scammed.. Great job Blizzard, you say one thing and do another...Sorry no way can I justify 15% cash out... I'm a bit peev'd at these announcements today... Nothing this system does is for us, its all been a sham. The only winners here is Blizzard. Because they will force it outside and probably ban and clean up outside forces to keep the economy in check for their internal gains.... So much for the player... Last minute bs explained to cover their asses, trying to sneak it by us lol.

Blizz loves money they would fuk a game if it means to get then a few more proft

Originally posted by TGSOL

You make a good point about this potentially failing to kill the illegal third-party market; why sell at the AH when you have to pay Blizzard twice if you can sell it outside the RMH and get 100% of the profit?

Your average user will not likely go this route, but then this system was (supposedly) never designed to deter the "average user" from selling wares illegally; it was meant to deter actual farmers, and it is those very people who are most likely to look at this system and say "why sell it in the RMH when we can just do things like we've always done and earn 100% of the profit?"

That's like saying, "why sell it at Wal-Mart? They are going to get a cut. I might as well sell it myself!"

You give a cut to Wal-Mart because they introduce your product to an enormous amount of potential buyers. Taking a 30% hit on the item is worth the amount of eyes that will see the product IMO.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    So, about the 15% thing. If you want to make $10 from an item for some reason, post it for $11.50. Boom.

Another problem solved with basic math.

The 15% on an item transaction is absorbed by the buyer. The 15% on the withdrawal is absorbed by the seller.

It's simple. In a cash shop there is no seller. The company makes all the money. This way Blizzard is ensuring that they can make money off their "cash shop" and they want to make money off the sellers as well.

Either way, if you are a seller, it's not likethey are charging you money out of your pocket. You are making money off a freaking video game for crying out loud. It's 100% profit for you.

First world freaking problems much?

Also your assumption that the gold cap = the real money cap is just silly. You have nothing to base that on and it's going to be completely incorrect.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• xenoracexenorace Member UncommonPosts: 205

I admit I have purchased gear from 3rd party sites in D2, but there were a lot of scams with all that stuff. I think Blizzard wants to keep providing people with the option of buying gear. Because paying $10 USD for a kick ass sword is small change compared to what some people spend money on IMO.

S.C.I.F.I
    <Sights, Clouded, In, False, Illusions>

• squalleonahsqualleonah Member Posts: 6

well, generaly, you lose 15% if you sold something and 15% to turn those blizz money into real money via Paypal.

so in total, you lose 15% + 15% + listing fee + (maybe paypal's fee)

so it'll be around 32-35% and it's $32-35 out of every $100 u make :D.

in this business case, i can only see 1 winner :D. however RMAH is good idea, why dont we creating a community web with the trade function the same :D

• borkenvideoborkenvideo Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Emeraq

30% is 30 cents on the dollar. Take a 10 dollar sale as an example, with a listing fee of one dollar and the 30% on a 10 dollar sale you are still turning a profit of 6 dollars, which for you is what? 600% profit? The item you sold cost you zero. (NO you can't count what you paid for the box as cost, as it's a game you are playing, you'd probably play it without the RMT)

Here's the math, they get one dollar for the listing, and 30% of $10 is 3.00. $10-$4= 6.00

You are making money for something that you don't own, something that isn't real, something that doesn't exist anywhere but in a video game....  Can we cry anymore over hobby time money?

You're not understanding the point of the Diablo 3 RMAH has always been promoted as to stop the outside exchange, the scamming, the fraud, etc. This percentage is not going to help stop that, in fact at these rates, I think a billion asians are estatic that they will soon be in business.

I will not be buying gold or items, this means nothing to me, but I can clearly use common sense to know that any kid and his money will be buying 150,000 gold for $10 instead of 135,000 gold for $17.55 on the Blizzard system..

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Originally posted by Emeraq

You're not understanding the point of the Diablo 3 RMAH has always been promoted as to stop the outside exchange, the scamming, the fraud, etc. This percentage is not going to help stop that, in fact at these rates, I think a billion asians are estatic that they will soon be in business.

I will not be buying gold or items, this means nothing to me, but I can clearly use common sense to know that any kid and his money will be buying 150,000 gold for $10 instead of 135,000 gold for $17.55 on the Blizzard system..

I agree, the pretense that they are "protecting the consumer" is just plain silly.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'll try to be more clear about this.

The 15% sale fee is going to be absorbed by the buyer.

The 15% withdrawal fee is going to be absorbed by the seller.

Noone is going to get hit with 30% fee unless they are a really bad seller.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Originally posted by TGSOL

Thanks, I was giving up hope on mankind and common sense being possible.

This is exactly what will happen, and outside sellers will not have a limit price, or fee other than their 2.9% credit card fee if they have that (at most)

So 3% outside source will be weighting in against 27-30% Allowing outsiders to undercut by over 25%!!!!!! 25% more gold for your money... Way too high of a cut to drive off their scammers....

Originally posted by dubyahite

Like if they bought their own item? :P

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

There are a lot of idiots here that don't know shit about business.

Marketing isn't free.

I live to go faster...or die trying.

I tend to think people will pay a premium in order to feel safe about their purchases.

Could outside sellers sell items for less? Sure. But if it means I have to pay $1.50 extra to Blizzard to do it legally, I will.

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by dubyahite

Like if they bought their own item? :P

The guy is on drugs, if i sell gold, i get charged by blizzard 15%, then i cash out that money, i get charged 15%. He's like a CPA, thats how you go broke and they get rich...

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Its not making the game P2W so doesn't bother me.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

If the original intent was to protect customers involved in RMT it's clear that greed has gotten in the way of that goal. As usual we'll all just point in the direction of Activi$ion.

Originally posted by colddog04

I tend to think people will pay a premium in order to feel safe about their purchases.

Could outside sellers sell items for less? Sure. But if it means I have to pay $1.50 extra to Blizzard to do it legally, I will.

Legally? Its not illegal, regardless of what these companies try to claim to do this outside... :D With proper wording anyhow.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Might just be me, but I have a feeling they didn't design this with you quitting your job and "playing" D3 full time to make a living... And really, you are upset over there being a $250 limit? I don't nkow, but if someone gave me $250 for selling freaking polygons, I would be kind of stoked...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!