Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

worst customer support ever

slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 412Member Uncommon

Just reinstalled GW and cannot play because I can't remember any of my character's names.  No screenshots to look through because I had fully uninstalled.

Only way to get help is from support.  Sent a ticket 24 hours ago and still no response.  Did online help and waited in que for over an hour then when it came my turn I got a message that noone was available and I was booted.

Pretty ridiculous.

Comments

• YansheeYanshee Panama City Beach, FLPosts: 55Member

What's even more ridiculous is the part where you have no back-up info on your account. You see, I keep this small private book as a physical back-up of any and all account info and passwords just in case I happen to forget that same info. Never mind the fact I'm one of those remarkable individules who remembers everything even remotely important in the things and places I do, play, go, or say.

As most peeps don't have my remarkable ability of recall I would suggest  the simple method of writeing stuff down.

;-)

• slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 412Member Uncommon

I have the original cd, cdkey account name and password.  Never dreamed they would have such a ridiculous setup.  And since it is in place and there are multiple hits when you do a google search for this topic, you would think they would have found a way to deal with it.

But in the future (if I actually end up playing at this point) I will write a character's name down with the other info.

Thanks for your not so helpful reply though :)

• slowpoke68slowpoke68 Chicago, ILPosts: 412Member Uncommon

I did hear back from customer service today and they sent me a character name.  I went to log in and I didn't recognize any of the toons, but they were names I have used in the past. 

I figured out somehow my old old account from launch must be what they gave me information for.  Just a couple of months ago I bought a copy of the complete edition, installed and made a couple of toons.

My log in shows I only have access to prophecies now, so somehow its not recognizing my new account, just the old one that I had completely forgotten about.

Thats why none of my toon's names were working. 

Updated customer service and hopefully they get back to me with a solution.

Weird.

• buden-ninjabuden-ninja KobePosts: 53Member

Ever? Really? Pretty extreme evaluation. If this is your worst experience, you have led a pretty charmed life.

I had a similar problem - couldn't remember my account info. I contacted customer service and they were great. I was back in the game without a problem. My only concern - and it is a minor one - is that it took a couple of days because they wanted to confirm that it was my account. I would rather they be diligent in that regard than just give the info away to anyone.

• ChristoooChristooo BrisbanePosts: 86Member

I've only ever had good experiences when dealing with their support. They always are quick to reply if you put it in the right section and have at least have SOME basic account information.

I've had to deal with a few times for various different reasons including one being that I forgot my character name.

• MexorillaMexorilla Las Vegas, NVPosts: 313Member

the worst customer support i've ever encoutered was at a Wal-Mart.  just sayin'.

• XzenXzen Los Alamos, NMPosts: 2,607Member Common

I had the same issue. It took a couple days through email but aside from the amount of time it took the support was fine. They got me back in the game.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common
    Originally posted by slowpoke68

Just reinstalled GW and cannot play because I can't remember any of my character's names.  No screenshots to look through because I had fully uninstalled.

Only way to get help is from support.  Sent a ticket 24 hours ago and still no response.  Did online help and waited in que for over an hour then when it came my turn I got a message that noone was available and I was booted.

Pretty ridiculous.

Always remember that hasle is to protect you from getting your account hacked.

• Poison_AdelePoison_Adele Seattle, WAPosts: 287Member

You'd be saying the same thing if your account got hacked. :|

Wait more than 24 hours before claiming they aren't helping you. Yeesh.

• AmanaAmana New York, NYPosts: 2,527Moderator Uncommon

Locking due to necro. Two-month old thread. If you want to discuss this topic, please create a new one.

To give feedback on moderation, contact community@mmorpg.com

This discussion has been closed.