Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera #1 in Amazon donwloads

13»

Comments

• KehdarKehdar Member UncommonPosts: 441

Originally posted by Eir_S

Sorry to butt in on the festivities, it's great that Tera is reaching its market, but this thread is hardly indicative of the only GW2 vs. Tera arguing going on.  Just look at the Amazon reviews, nearly every one of them I read mentions GW2.  As far as I'm concerned the only comparable part of either game is the combat, but apparently they are at "war" with one another outside of MMORPG.com too, so you can't go blaming GW2 fans for everything.

I'm not blaming only GW2 fans, I'm blaming both Tera and GW2 fans.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

There is no war for Tera fans at least most of us just play the game  forum wars are for the bored and restless.  GW2 fans are just bored waiting for their game I would be to, it is either that or NCSOFT trying to take a few swings at Tera (conspiracy theory yadayada).  I mean I am surprised they aren't trying to go to war with wow the market leader.

I refuse to acknowledge any so called "war" between a release game and a beta game, it is like a country without land or sovereign authority going to war using an army that hasn't been trained and is more like a rabble. IE. it smells fishy and doesn't make sense.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Wicoa

There is no war for Tera fans at least most of us just play the game  forum wars are for the bored and restless.  GW2 fans are just bored waiting for their game I would be to, it is either that or NCSOFT trying to take a few swings at Tera (conspiracy theory yadayada).  I mean I am surprised they aren't trying to go to war with wow the market leader.

I refuse to acknowledge any so called "war" between a release game and a beta game, it is like a country without land or sovereign authority going to war using an army that hasn't been trained and is more like a rabble. IE. it smells fishy and doesn't make sense.

Its exactly what this is XD

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Kehdar

Originally posted by Eir_S

Sorry to butt in on the festivities, it's great that Tera is reaching its market, but this thread is hardly indicative of the only GW2 vs. Tera arguing going on.  Just look at the Amazon reviews, nearly every one of them I read mentions GW2.  As far as I'm concerned the only comparable part of either game is the combat, but apparently they are at "war" with one another outside of MMORPG.com too, so you can't go blaming GW2 fans for everything.

I'm not blaming only GW2 fans, I'm blaming both Tera and GW2 fans.

dont blade the fans.... blame the trolls

• NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by NBlitz

Grrr, that's not what this topic is about!

There's already a ginormous thread where you can talk about such things in detail: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/349665/TERA-Guild-Wars-2-vs-TERA.html

Take it there, you two, thanks.

opps sorry =X was kind ain rage mode last night for some reason XD

Haha sorry about that. Although I do have counters to your post Rexzshadow but I will reframe XD. Not like it matters much anyways. We'll see in 6 months or so who was right. The loser has to buy the winners Favorite game and give them 6 gold, deal? :p.

In all seriousness I am glad for Tera. Its a fun game. I don't really get why people must choose one game over another to be honest. If you like it buy it. Sadly, unless Tera goes F2P, I probably won't hop in as I can't really afford subscriptions. Well, I COULD, but I don't want one to be more accurate.

• NightvergeNightverge Member Posts: 211

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by Wicoa

Its exactly what this is XD

LOL Wicoa you are a genius for that metaphore. With your permition I will spread this word faster than the four winds of *insert favorite MMO world name here*.

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

Congrats TERA

Personally, I think the asian art style is terrible, but if people have found a game they like to play then that's what matters.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

The only reason I bought through Amazon was because Enmass site rejected my card, now I have the game but cant subscribe... because enmass is rejecting my card!

I was Fu@*ed in the A!

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by colddog04

Not that 30 year old men aren't going to be playing both. But certainly TERA and it's saturated pallette, flopping boobies and stuffed animal races does seem like it was meant for kids.

Asians actually.  The color palette is well designed to hold up to the passage of time, which is pretty common practice in MMOs these days.  Hell, Blizzard does it with all their games... thats why you have people raging about Diablo 3s pallette.

You also forget the massive half dragons and the walking fortress half-giants, which are pretty much  not in the cuties market.

They made the game to appeal to a wide audience.  Personally I find it childish to continue attacking it on that merit alone.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Dimensional

Originally posted by Kuppa

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05/04/tera-hits-the-1-spot-for-amazon-downloads/

atta boy Tera....image 

Not like that means anything... at all? Not trying to be callous but what awesome range of new games is avaliable on Amazon digital? Can you think of any major recent PC releases that are on there also? Really it's bit pointless.

It is still good news for Tera even if the competition weren´t that tough.

I heard surprisingly little about Tera from other sources than this site.