Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera, Why its good - NO TAB TARGETING

ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

Obviously, like all other threads out there, this will ultimately turn into something chaotic, something hateful, or whatever. 

Either way, the fact of the matter is simple, reason being why this game is good IMO, and why its fighting - pvp will be better than anything else coming out (not mentioning anything specific) is because of

NO TAB TARGETING

Abilitites do not auto hit, you must aim, and you cant spam TAB and just hit whatever the **** want.

This reason is why, anyone who is hardcore PVP should pick up this game, end of story.

Comments

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

how a non tab targeting make a pvp hardcore?

and lets face it pvp in this game is lvl,gear>skill

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by saurus123

I guess every FPS is hardcore? 

Also from OP's perspective, wouldn't that make hybrid FPS MMO games superior to TERA?

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• ParasitenoirParasitenoir Member Posts: 43

This game, sure lvl - gear > skill?

Maybe when your under level 60, sure that would make sense.  However what game with a leveling system does that not make a difference.   When fighting at same level, whether 60 or lower, skill is rated over gear in this game.  Yes gear makes a differences, it wouldnt be in the game if it didnt, but you have to understand your class and others to be effective.

Also tab targeting, sucks, sucks, sucks.

Let me just tab target and cast spells mindlessly, that is boring and stupid imo.  Having to actually face and aim at who you want to attack makes for a much better pvp experience, even more so from a caster perspective.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Originally posted by Parasitenoir

Maybe when your under level 60, sure that would make sense.  However what game with a leveling system does that not make a difference.   When fighting at same level, whether 60 or lower, skill is rated over gear in this game.  Yes gear makes a differences, it wouldnt be in the game if it didnt, but you have to understand your class and others to be effective.

Let me just tab target and cast spells mindlessly, that is boring and stupid imo.  Having to actually face and aim at who you want to attack makes for a much better pvp experience, even more so from a caster perspective.

Ohh the aiming that as long as you aim the genereal vicinity it's guaranteed to hit?

• c-trayc-tray Member Posts: 98

Obviously, like all other threads out there, this will ultimately turn into something chaotic, something hateful, or whatever. 

Either way, the fact of the matter is simple, reason being why this game is good IMO, and why its fighting - pvp will be better than anything else coming out (not mentioning anything specific) is because of

NO TAB TARGETING

Abilitites do not auto hit, you must aim, and you cant spam TAB and just hit whatever the **** want.

This reason is why, anyone who is hardcore PVP should pick up this game, end of story.

you made an account today, just to create a thread about tabbed targeting? are you sure your names not MMOEXPOSED.

Have you played much of tera?  There isnt much of a general area?  unless your on BAMS, when they have large hit box?

Hitting other players is not a general area type deal.......

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Ambros123

Ohh the aiming that as long as you aim the genereal vicinity it's guaranteed to hit?

Nope, They Don't until until the animation finishes and you can basically walk out of the way to dodge and the skill misses, Btw its definitly Skill>gear, I've seen many people 1v2 players their level and I also had a couple of 1v2 Fights and they were entirly possible. 

Yeah idk, im always on this website, just never made an account, and i dont care, as a pvper i just like the fact there isnt tab targeting.  

Just wanted others thoughts.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Clearly you are aiming this at gw2. I love Tera too, for what it is, but pvp was wayyyy better in gw2 where tab targeting is optional. I predict Tera will be a ghost town when gw2 gets into full swing. Idk, I'll prob resub it when I'm bored and they actually release an endgame.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Yeah, not really trying to talk about other games.  Dont care much really, I mean fuck I used to play WOW for years....But on GW2 dont get me wrong looks like great game, cool ideas, love idea of leveling thru pvp from lvl 1.  However, they still do use tab target, and the "action" combat just doesnt compare to that of Tera.

You obviously didn't try gw2.

• KalanderKalander Member UncommonPosts: 12

NO TAB TARGETING

like Darkfall, Fallen Earth, MO and some others...

So, the main reason is something that is not only from Tera?

And when i played the Tera Beta the only thing i could think was "what is the player skill required to dodge a attack from a mob the moves/attacks sooooo slowly?"

I know, the games i mentioned are not really good, but Darkfall aiming and dodgeing was way better than Tera's

But how far did you get in Tera?

Everything is slow?  Easy Mode to 20+, if you die before level 20, you shouldnt play MMO's.

Even the First BAM's at lvl 20 are easy mode, there just to introduce the Idea.  

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

NO TAB TARGETING

As great as it is, hardcore PVPers look for a bit more than just that :).

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Kalander

NO TAB TARGETING

like Darkfall, Fallen Earth, MO and some others...

So, the main reason is something that is not only from Tera?

And when i played the Tera Beta the only thing i could think was "what is the player skill required to dodge a attack from a mob the moves/attacks sooooo slowly?"

I know, the games i mentioned are not really good, but Darkfall aiming and dodgeing was way better than Tera's

LOL get to 30 plus and tell me that

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I have this strange feeling that it's about to turn into a vs thread, actually it has, or it might be my fault but any way. Just clerifying any possible misinformation amongst the two games already mention. Have fun guys and remember...

GW 2 is Tera with no animation locks and aiming via mouse

Tera has good lengthy anims

GW 2 simple anims nice visuals

Tera and GW 2 both action

GW 2 how ever is a hybrid

I'm not saying which one is better

Truth be told you can in fact play both without touching tab button like I did. I didn't touch the tab key at all while playing both.

If you like using tab target combat you can do so in GW 2. if you like auto attack you can if you wish do so in GW 2.

That's just being honest and to the point with facts.

Oh and Tera combat is not bad nor is GW 2 BOTH bring something new I assume far as combat.

Advice to haters toward either game, live life, both game can prosper both are action, both require skill.

Take care and enjoy yourselves.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

But how far did you get in Tera?

Everything is slow?  Easy Mode to 20+, if you die before level 20, you shouldnt play MMO's.

Even the First BAM's at lvl 20 are easy mode, there just to introduce the Idea.  

I dunno which TERA you're playing, but every mob (and player) has major telegraphs on their attacks. The only exception are the small trash mobs that usually swarm around the larger ones.

This doesn't stop at lvl 20, not even close.

And, as was said early, the hitbox in this game is rather large. You can aim to the left & right of a character (haven't tried above, so maybe that's the exception) and it will still hit them. You may like it more than WoW's targetting, but when it comes to action combat, TERA's system is far from superior. Sorry. It's not bad, but it is a step down from some of the other systems available. (oh, and there are auto-aim skills as well).

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

I could just as easily make a new thread titled "Tera, why its bad - Animation Lock"

Sure, having to aim is good, beats tab targetting any day, but the animation lock turns the whole so called "true action combat" into something more akin to a turn based fight.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Thing is though, animation lock is mostly on big abilities, that do massive damage, thus you need to time them accordingly.

You can glyph to remove animation lock and movement restrictions with alot of abilities.  I just dont see that as a problem.  Just requires proper planning when using in PVP.

Also the AUTO AIM THING, is not true, only auto hits, after you have had cursor over them targetting them for a couple seconds, you dont just get to shoot and auto hit.

I have a 41 lancer(and climbing) on frost reach. Tera is a good mmo. I like it. I just love gw2. Personal taste I guess. To each their own.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

I'm a GW2 fan but Tera looks good and the combat sounds nifty.  Can someone tell me what "BAMS" is?  I keep seeing it mentioned but have no idea what it means.  Thanks.

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

Originally posted by Byrhofen

I could just as easily make a new thread titled "Tera, why its bad - Animation Lock"

Sure, having to aim is good, beats tab targetting any day, but the animation lock turns the whole so called "true action combat" into something more akin to a turn based fight.

You don't know the purpose of animation lock, Its the whole reason why a lot of us are enjoying TERA's Pvp. Animation Lock keeps both the pvp and PVE interesting and not just faceroll and its great so far. Only people who played the game for a very short time don't like the lock, playerbase usually enjoys how it is done.

Oh and to the guy above, BAMs are basically mini Open world bosses they are usually near every town, They all have their own Mechanics and are pretty challenging unless you have a full party and even then you see people who make the wrong move Die :)

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

Originally posted by Unlight

I'm a GW2 fan but Tera looks good and the combat sounds nifty.  Can someone tell me what "BAMS" is?  I keep seeing it mentioned but have no idea what it means.  Thanks.

A BAM is a Big Ass Monster :)

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Originally posted by Unlight

bam = big ass monster

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

How about this - Tera what to do at 60?

Answer: sit in velika.