Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone pooling resources for a "team" BS?

styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

I'd really like to do this, and I have a group of friends playing that I'm trying to designate one for a BS.

Does this make sense?  What are your thoughts on a "team" BS for getting better items faster?

If so, what exactly needs to be passed over to the "team" BS to level his skill?  Gold and Mats only?

I'm rolling a DH to start, and I know they're very very dependant on their weapon.  (more so than Monk, Barb... supposedly b/c they only have a couple options (bow, xbow) where the other melee classes have a bunch)

This assumes that the designated BS is someone we know personally and trust.

Thanks!

- John Wooden

Comments

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Originally posted by styles74

I'd really like to do this, and I have a group of friends playing that I'm trying to designate one for a BS.

Does this make sense?  What are your thoughts on a "team" BS for getting better items faster?

If so, what exactly needs to be passed over to the "team" BS to level his skill?  Gold and Mats only?

I'm rolling a DH to start, and I know they're very very dependant on their weapon.  (more so than Monk, Barb... supposedly b/c they only have a couple options (bow, xbow) where the other melee classes have a bunch)

Thanks!

It's cool and all but this isn't a MMORPG.

Progressing ASAP shouldn't be your goal Oo

• styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Thanks!

It's cool and all but this isn't a MMORPG.

Progressing ASAP shouldn't be your goal Oo

Actually it's funny that you mention it... b/c rushing is totally NOT my goal!

I appreciate the reminder too.. b/c my post sure sounds like it doesn't it??

I guess I want to just rock stuff hard with a bad ass bow.  But I am not, I repeat NOT going to rush through this content.  If anything I've waited so long I want to savor the experience as much as possible.

You've almost got me wanting to cancel my plans now...

(insert Price is Right lose song here)

- John Wooden

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Thanks!

Remember diablo 3 is a Multiplayer game not a mmorpg aside from pvp that wont existe right after launch u prob wont need to worry so much about these things at start

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I think that having a pimped out blacksmith might cause you to get gear that's "too good" for the content you are going through and it might simplify the game a bit for your first run. I assume the idea behind the blacksmith is that you can get your "alts" levelled easier than the first time around more than actually equipping the main character with crafted items.

I could also be wrong but I don't know how important crafting will actually be coming the harder difficulties. The diffculty of diablo 3 most likely is designed around mainly using the equipment you find along the story and anything that makes your gear better (AH/RMT-AH/Crafting) will probably make it easier and easier 8)

• merieke82merieke82 Member Posts: 165

Since the BS level is per account instead of per character won't most people cap off their own BS fairly easy?

It seems much more convenient to just level up your own.

Edit: Forgot to mention that in the Beta I had my BS able to create items that I was way too low a level to even use. Not sure if the same will happen on release.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Thanks!

Actually you can melee a DH but why would you is a bigger question. They can carry a sword and board and do have a few skills unrelated to ranged such as traps.

I am going to play SC for awhile until I get the feel of the game and than going HC.  Probably not going to rush it because I want to enjoy the story at least once.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Min/maxing? It's beginning to look alot like Diablo...

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I know of people putting teams together for HC.  Basically planning on optimizing MF, and sharing loot amongst themselves.  Progressing as a tight knit team.  It will take skill in the later levels, staying close together, working on boss strategies, and if one member dies they can assist him getting back up to speed while farming his new gear for him.

It will take a close group, but this is probably the best way to tackle the later difficulties in hardcore.  If it is softcore it can be much more casual and probably less sharing.  Best bet is to join a guild and look for like minded people.