Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character slot

VorretVorret Member Posts: 101

Is there a maximum number? I read 8 somewhere but it'd be nice if it was unlimited so I can satisfy my alt-istis needs :)

Comments

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

it was 5 without buying additional slots in beta and will be so at launch, but no word on max as far as i know.

Well we need 40 slots for all combinations :P

• VorretVorret Member Posts: 101

Darn... hopefully it'll be alot.

I kept having to delete and recreate to try all the possibilities in beta :)

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362

I've seen 5 listed at multiple sites. You will be able to purchase more however...

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

5 slots and more can be purchased thru cash shop

• I believe Arena Net on twitter officially stated that they haven't officially announced how many slots - but since they had 5 during BWE it will be hard to give us less and I don't expect them to give us more - that's one for every race.

As far as an upper limit - no word on that - I can see myself eventually running with 8 - one for every profession.

• KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591

5 is whats in game now, with people speaking of being able to buy up to 8 slots. Personally I'd prefer only 1 or 2 character slots per account.

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

On top of the fun of GW2 I have made a personal quest for my self to make gold, by gems, and purchase character/bag slots.  Cash shops can have certain side benfits if you use them to your advantage, and this is my little way of doing it! I will however purchase other items for cosmetics only to help keep Anet running. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

5 slots is NOT confirmed. Anet never said the amount inf act they have said that they havent decided. People assume its 5 because thats what beta offers. Now it probably will be 5 but making 100% sure statements are just asking for problems if they decide to go with 4 or 6 since that is the range they were looking at.