Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will anyone help me find a good mmorpg

DretarzekDretarzek Member Posts: 11

What i'm looking for is something that has the option to pvp but it isn't required so don't list any games with open pvp No kiddie games. I would prefer a free to play but depending what I think of it, I might try pay to play. I only want a game that will hold me over until vanguard goes free to play then I will be playing that maybe. I'm willing to try any new games people suggest that I might like.  A game that is balanced would be nice not to much quests but not to much grinding, would like a little bit of both

Comments

• channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Guild Wars

• DretarzekDretarzek Member Posts: 11

I would if I had the money to buy it

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

OP, can you be a bit more specific in what you're looking for? So far we have:

-Free to Play

-Has PvP but not required

-Can advance by grinding or quests

That sounds a lot like every F2P I've ever played. If you could also state which games you've already tried and aren't interested in that may help as well.

Maybe Lord of the Rings Online, Everquest 1 or 2, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Fallen Earth- it really depends on exactly what your preferred style of play is in MMORPGs. I can't really say anything for MMO PvP because I have yet to play a game where it's actually good, so I stick to FPS and MOBAs for that.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I would recommend DCUO. It's a fun game that offers a lot of content for free and it's cash shop is not pay to win. There's a few good things you can get from promethium lockboxes which cost money to open or free to open if you subscribe, like rings and neck pieces but that won't boost someone to godly status.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Try Pirates of the Burning Sea. 

Its F2P with only a few limitations.  If you pay a $15 sub fee once, you can then immediately cancel and the limitations are lifted forever.  No real need to pay more than once.  But some say it has the least limitations for a F2P game. 

I really liked Pirates.  Best mmo I've played in a long while.  Go on Youtube and type it in, watch some videos and see if you like it, and if so, just head on over to the website and do a download and see what you think.  If thats the case, enjoy. 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by pierth

[...] So far we have:

-Free to Play

That sounds a lot like every F2P I've ever played. [...]

QFT (Quoted for Truth)

Nuff said.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Rift and WoW f2p

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by pierth

[...] So far we have:

-Free to Play

That sounds a lot like every F2P I've ever played. [...]

QFT (Quoted for Truth)

Nuff said.

Agreed. Type of PVP or other details would help narrow it down. Right now you have everything from APB to Fallen Earth to Aion to  LOTRO as an option.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Rift and WoW f2p

Can you link to F2P information for either of those games. AFAIK they have level capped trials that stop at 20.  I realize you have a severe fear of Google, so I don't want you to traumatize yourself by actually researching something, but since you threw those two out tehre I was curous what you read that made you think that either of those were F2P.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Gotrek65Gotrek65 Member UncommonPosts: 29

Shores of Hazeron

http://www.hazeron.com/

games in alpha. found someone mentioned it in a similar thread been playing it for about 3 weeks now.

The game is space based. It's a cross between eve online, sim city, star trek and minecraft. It has a high learning curve but the best part about it is you can build your own ships with different rooms and weapons and ship armor. lots of resources you can obtain and refine some that arn't implemented and you can if you choose attack other peoples ships and colonies

• gogogame789gogogame789 Member Posts: 8

up boom

Thanks for the suggestions i've pretty much tried all all of the games mentioned expect the 2 pirate games mentioned and that space one. and the kind of pvp i'm looking for where people ask you to duel,arena,guild war ect. Might look into pirates of the burning sea isn't it pay to play though.These are the games that i've played from here there are more but this is the bulk of what I use to play 9Dragons

ACE Online

Aerrevan

Age of Empires Online

Aika

Aion

Anarchy Online

Angels Online

APB: Reloaded

Blade & Soul

CABAL Online

Canaan Online

Champions Online

Citadel of Sorcery

Cloud Nine

Conquer Online

Continent of the Ninth Seal

Cronous Crystal Saga

Dark Age of Camelot

DarkEden

DC Universe Online

Dekaron

Digimon Masters Online

Dofus

DOTA

DOTA2

Dragonica Online

DragonRaja

Drakensang Online

Dream of Mirror Online

Earth Eternal

Eden Eternal

Elf Online

Endless Online

Entropia Universe

Eudemons Online

EVE Online

EverQuest

EverQuest II

EverQuest Online Adventure

Evony

Fiesta Online

Final Fantasy XI

Flyff

Graal Kingdoms

Guild Wars

Habbo

Hellgate

Hero Online

KAL Online

King of Kings 3

Knight Online

La Tale

League of Legends

Legend Of Katha

Legend of Mir 3

Lineage

Lineage 2

Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu

Mabinogi

MapleStory

Metin 2         

Monato Esprit     

MU Online

Myth War 2

N.E.O Online     

Neocron 2     

NeoSteam     

Nostale     

Pandora Saga         

Perfect World International    

Priston Tale         

Priston Tale II

R2 Online

Ragnarok Online

Raikion    

RAN Online     

Rappelz     

Realm of the Mad God

Realms Online         

Regnum Online         

RF Online     

Rift     

Rohan: Blood Feud         

ROSE Online     

Runes of Magic     

Runescape          

Rusty Hearts         

Scions of Fate (Yulgang)         

Shaiya     

Shin Megami Tensei    

Silkroad Online         

Soul of the Ultimate Nation         

Star Trek Online     

Sword 2: Revelations     

TERA

Thang Online         

The Legend of Mir 2

The Realm Online      

Tibia          

Tribes: Ascend     

Trickster Online     

Twelve Sky     

Twelve Sky 2     

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

WonderKing     

World of Warcraft         

Xiah         

zOMG!     

Zu Online

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Have you tried LOTRO?

yes I have and was quite boring

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156

I strongly recommend Tera, but if you dont want something open world pvp and carebearish, try GW2.

Originally posted by Gotrek65

Shores of Hazeron

http://www.hazeron.com/

games in alpha. found someone mentioned it in a similar thread been playing it for about 3 weeks now.

The game is space based. It's a cross between eve online, sim city, star trek and minecraft. It has a high learning curve but the best part about it is you can build your own ships with different rooms and weapons and ship armor. lots of resources you can obtain and refine some that arn't implemented and you can if you choose attack other peoples ships and colonies

I looked into it doesn't look any fun

Originally posted by Cuppett5

I strongly recommend Tera, but if you dont want something open world pvp and carebearish, try GW2.

played Tera, to much like WoW. I've been playing pirates of the burning sea seems like a fun game so far. Keep suggesting other games though my interest in games usually doesn't last long

Any other suggestions

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

Originally posted by Gorwe

Guild Wars

Wait you don't have money for GW??? It's just Like 30$ for FOUR games ffs!!! It matches your description to a t, mind you...

It always cracks me up when someone is looking for a f2p game that the first game mentioned is a 30 dollar investment (and a crap game to boot)....There are way better f2p games out there that dont require a dime.....EQ2, LoTRO, DDO, EQ, ANarchy Online, Atlantica Online, and many others are light years better than GW1.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

If you are looking f2p start here. Work your way down the list and get back with us in a couple years! lol

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by Theocritus

Originally posted by Gorwe

Guild Wars

Wait you don't have money for GW??? It's just Like 30$ for FOUR games ffs!!! It matches your description to a t, mind you...

It always cracks me up when someone is looking for a f2p game that the first game mentioned is a 30 dollar investment (and a crap game to boot)....There are way better f2p games out there that dont require a dime.....EQ2, LoTRO, DDO, EQ, ANarchy Online, Atlantica Online, and many others are light years better than GW1.

I also like the ffs with THREE exclamation points. I mean really, what a chump, $30 pff...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

tera

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Guild Wars 2.

Originally posted by Amjoco

If you are looking f2p start here. Work your way down the list and get back with us in a couple years! lol

thanks for the link found a game that fits what i'm looking for It has the option to enable disable pvp has quests has grinding and the best part about it is that you level up fast starting out. Its called memento mori requiem

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

try  shaiya is  nice game

http://shaiya.aeriagames.com/