Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Guild Wars 2 RELEASE date pool

redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
Hi all, I've been lurking around the forums and I’ve noticed that were all speculating when Guild Wars 2 will be released and I thought what if we had a bit of fun with this and made a pool to see who can guess the release date or gets closest to it.

THE RULES;

1. Each poster may only post the year, month, day and time of when they think the game will release, (the release date for all players, not just the head start players)
  • Please post your guess first in your thread.
  • Each poster may only enter once with only one guess.
  • you may post why you think it will be released then, but keep it short and sweet please and no walls of text.

2) NO TROLLING OR FLAMEBAITING comments, you will be reported for being off topic as well as the rule break.

3) NO PERSONAL COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK OF THE GAME, you will be reported for being off topic.

THE WINNER/s will be determined by who was the most accurate to the year, month, day, time

THE PRIZE, winner/s wins the respect and admiration of their fellow mmorpg's.com posters for being a really really good guesser, (for however long they can keep it) and the knowledge that they were right.

SO LET THE GUESSING POOL BEGIN!

NOTE: Please put in full dates and times. eg; day / month / year and what time of day or night

Congratulations to Sabbicat for guessing the closest to the date and time, you here by are bestowed all bragging rights over your fellow mmorpg.com members and win the respect and admiration of their fellow mmorpg's.com posters for being a really really good guesser, (for however long ever you can keep it) and the knowledge that you and only you were right.

Congratulations!

Sabbicat

Comments

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

2012, July 15th at 4:30am PDT

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483

2012, June 26th at 00:00 AM PDT   3-day Headstart

2012, June 29th at 00:00 AM PDT   Global launch

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Why not ask a few of the Anet staff members that lurk over this forum? Few members here work for Anet. They know who they are. Many of them stop posting here after the Prepurchase I noticed...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

when its done.  (I win)

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Originally posted by Butregenyo

2012, June 26th at 00:00 AM PDT   3-day Headstart

2012, June 29th at 00:00 AM PDT   Global launch

Tha't my guess too!

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735

17th of August 2012.

Why 17th? - Because it's first friday after 15, and games like to be released either near 15 or near end of a month, I'm being optimistic with it.  I could be wrong and they could of course pick tuesday of course, which is common release day in US. 

Why August? - Because the game still needs work. A lot of work. Some of the system need major imprvements, the beta didn't show any of Sylvari or Asura content and no content for 25+ chaarcters except Ascalon Catacombs dungeon and Lion's Arch hub. August seems reasonable month for everything to be polished up and prepped with enough time for BWEs to gather required feedback if they keep at 1 BWE/month. 

Why 2012? - Because it will be released this year. 

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

My guess: 2012, August 15th.
    Because it's my birthday and GW2 would be the most epic b-day gift. xD I can dream, right?

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

they said they will be release on 2012 onlest something goes terrible wrong   so  here are my dates based on facts of my gaming knowledge

next beta will be on   2012 May 26

Official Release Date of Guild Wars 2 will be on 2012 December 26 Christmas Day 1:00 am pacific time

2012 December 23 will be the 3 day headstart 1:00 pm pacific time

bases on facts Last beta was on 2012 Abril so they will have 8 months to release and polish the game real good if they work hard enough and do some more betas for testing, Remember Guild Wars 2 is a company that has workers and they want to get pay so it will be ideal for them to get the must Doller Bang On 2012 December 26 Christmas Day and is already hype up and from my knowledge over the years of me playing games for over 25 years I know this will happen, I will also will say we will see 1 or 2 more betas becouse the first one was bad and allot of people where complaining on computer performance and thats a big issue.

• Slyther_ZeroSlyther_Zero Member Posts: 127

00:00 GMT, August 31st, 2012.

Last friday of August and seems to be a reasonable amount of time for bug fix's and tweaking from BWE's. Also it gives them sometime to have it polished as much as possible before the xmas holidays.

That's a great start guys thanks, but don't forget to put the time of day down as well, it could be a photo finish so to speak.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Launch: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 Midnight US Pacific Time.

Not part of the pool, but Headstart:

Friday, June 22nd, Noon US Pacific Time.

With brief downtime before launch, the headstart may be slightly longer than 3 days and will cover the full weekend before release.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

12-12-12 is release

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Saturday, June 30th at midnight (PST) for now, with the headstart being Wednesday/Tuesday/Friday.

What's a release date pool? Something with water in it? Or a billard game? Or did you mean a poll?

Not a flame, but you may want to correct this ;-)

I'd say June 30th for the release date if I based it on the amazon.de leak, but ANet already said they will release "when ready" based on the beta week end feedback, so it could be later like August or even September.

So I vote Saturday, June 30th at midnight for now, with the headstart being Wednesday/Tuesday/Friday.

All times PST of course.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

22-11-12 Midnight US Pacific Time just because big game releases tend to fall in November. No specific reason for double two...just looks cool with double ones following as month....while also looking good with the year (the combination of both?)...lolz..

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Am I the only one who read "release date poo!" at first ?

Anyway, my guess:

12th of July 2012 noon pdt (release, not head start)

• madjonNZmadjonNZ Member Posts: 143

2012, September  26th at 1pm  PDT   Global launch.

A wednesday to help stagger the players in.

How would the marketing and box versions make it around the world in time for a june launch???

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Why not ask a few of the Anet staff members that lurk over this forum? Few members here work for Anet. They know who they are. Many of them stop posting here after the Prepurchase I noticed...

He said no trolling cant you read.

2012, August 17th at 00:00 AM PDT Global launch.

Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Saturday, June 30th at midnight (PST) for now, with the headstart being Wednesday/Tuesday/Friday.

What's a release date pool? Something with water in it? Or a billard game? Or did you mean a poll?

Not a flame, but you may want to correct this ;-)

I'd say June 30th for the release date if I based it on the amazon.de leak, but ANet already said they will release "when ready" based on the beta week end feedback, so it could be later like August or even September.

So I vote Saturday, June 30th at midnight for now, with the headstart being Wednesday/Tuesday/Friday.

All times PST of course.

Hi Korrigan, it's more of a lottery type pool.

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220

If you have played the beta you can see it is not going to be ready until Q4 this year at least. With that in mind I would guess the date to be 20th November in the US and 23rd in the EU.

• TheWynandTheWynand Member Posts: 3

00:00:00 PDT on July 26th, 2012.

3 day headstart will begin 00:00:00 PDT on July 23rd, 2012.

• SabbicatSabbicat Member UncommonPosts: 290

Tuesday August 28, 2012 1 pm EDT

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

July 20th, 12Noon PST.

They wont release this month and TSW opens in June.

They won't do Friday the 13th and will want to get  more than a week before August (27th would be too late for a full week).

• FyronovaFyronova Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Bijou

My guess: 2012, August 15th.

Because it's my birthday and GW2 would be the most epic b-day gift. xD I can dream, right?

Good one, but it's too long of a wait, why not on MY birthday, July 27th. Seems like a perfectly good time to release it.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

20th of July , 7pm GMT

• CrackboneCrackbone Member Posts: 212

June 26th, 2012 @ Midnight PST. 

Head start begins 3 days prior.