Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The main reason why Path of Exile fails...

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

So I played Path of Exile, the graphics are amazing, ill give it that, the customization is a lot of fun too, with skill gems and the skill tree, but heres a HUGE reason why it fails over diablo 3.

Path of Exile has no benefits when it comes to grouping, when I play an online hack and slash, and if its online constantly there should be some benefits to grouping over soloing, if not why not solo all the time? Youll get all the loot, monsters are no more harder or easier when soloing, etc.

In Diablo 3,every one has their own personal loot and the game gets harder and more challenging in a group. I have been playing for a while waiting for diablo 3 and no one groups up, I even ask for groups and got one person out of the whole time i have been playing.

I find it weird there are no benefits for grouping seeing as path of exile is online only.

Comments

• kompleksakikompleksaki Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by nomatics856

So I played Path of Exile, the graphics are amazing, ill give it that, the customization is a lot of fun too, with skill gems and the skill tree, but heres a HUGE reason why it fails over diablo 3.

Path of Exile has no benefits when it comes to grouping, when I play an online hack and slash, and if its online constantly there should be some benefits to grouping over soloing, if not why not solo all the time? Youll get all the loot, monsters are no more harder or easier when soloing, etc.

In Diablo 3,every one has their own personal loot and the game gets harder and more challenging in a group. I have been playing for a while waiting for diablo 3 and no one groups up, I even ask for groups and got one person out of the whole time i have been playing.

I find it weird there are no benefits for grouping seeing as path of exile is online only.

Wrong.If you group up in POE the mobs drop more loot,so more chance to drop a better item. The mobs also become harder when grouped. 

I don't get why you have to make such a fail attempt on knocking an indie game off. Diablo 3 will be more successful than POE anyway. But noone cares in the end.People play games to have fun,not to brag about "my game is better than yours" !

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    "People play games to have fun,not to brag about "my game is better than yours" !"

No offense, but have you read these forums ever?

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by dubyahite

"People play games to have fun,not to brag about "my game is better than yours" !"

I agree with dubyahite. It's all about my game is better than yourz!

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Plus with PoE still in closed beta with I believe one more character wipe incoming, there's not a big desire for people to group up just yet.  Remember, the only people playing right now are the lucky few who got an invite or those that have bought into their "kickstarter" campaign.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by fivoroth

I agree with dubyahite. It's all about my game is better than yourz!

80%+ of mmorpg posters imo are fanboys or troll.... im sure many of the troll like the game they are trolling but since they know nothing but to troll... they troll....

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

PoE's main issue is the skill system, IMO. It forces you to concentrate on one skill and support-gem it to oblivion. And all those skils are shared, so there's no variety between classes since they can all use the same stuff. Not to mention the find-them element makes it problematic to do what you want to do instead of doing what happened to drop.

Although FFA loot won't help PoE at all...

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

The game was alright to satisfy that ARPG fix, but with D3 around the corner I've found it more and more difficult to log in

I like the passive tree and how it works for all classes. I don't like the way skills are runes, that's pretty dumb. My skills end up limited by the gear I get due to the gem slots available. It's so limiting.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Been playing Path of the Exile .

Graphics are ok but it is a bit bland and lacking in colors.

Game play seems very sluggish , been playing a witch and even my minions sound like they are walking in shit

Casting spells is quite bad , most of them are slow and boring .

Seem to use mana pots alot since mana regen even with skills isnt quick enough.

Now the skill tree , damn what a mess  .

So now Im level 45 and I get 1 shot killed by leaping goatmen , I have no way to stop them killing me since there is no defense magic abilities  .  The game sucks .

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

Originally posted by Grailer

Game play seems very sluggish , been playing a witch and even my minions sound like they are walking in shit

So now Im level 45 and I get 1 shot killed by leaping goatmen , I have no way to stop them killing me since there is no defense magic abilities  .  The game sucks .

How amusing that your so terrible a player that you claim there is no defensive magic abilities vs a certain type of mob, who happen to use themselves a defensive magic ability. Goatmen shaman use a spell called molten shell, it is one of the best defensive magic skills ive seen and i use it myself alot. It greatly increases your armour as well as explodes in a huge high damage aoe after you take a certain amount of damage. I play a caster as well. and i have almost never had to use a mana potion. I would suggest maybe learn 2 play. Or better yet stick to D3 where you wont have to learn anything since the game holds your hand when it comes to charachter customization.

Originally posted by Nailzzz

How amusing that your so terrible a player that you claim there is no defensive magic abilities vs a certain type of mob, who happen to use themselves a defensive magic ability. Goatmen shaman use a spell called molten shell, it is one of the best defensive magic skills ive seen and i use it myself alot. It greatly increases your armour as well as explodes in a huge high damage aoe after you take a certain amount of damage. I play a caster as well. and i have almost never had to use a mana potion. I would suggest maybe learn 2 play. Or better yet stick to D3 where you wont have to learn anything since the game holds your hand when it comes to charachter customization.

Awesome , well that molten lava spell is for melee,  I guess I could make a red gem slot and use that ,thanks for tip .

Learn to play ah well thats what Im doing HOWEVER I cant easily change my skill tree,   Ive farmed for orbs of regret but they are pretty rare and I need about 15+ of them to fix my lvl 70 character.  So I guess I  want to learn to play but now I have to re roll a character all over again . The game sucks for learning to play .

Oh and the reason I use so much mana is to summon minions with increased Life + damage gems linked which costs over 100 mana per cast and I can have 15 of them up at once ,  not including skeletons as well  casting curses + damage spells.

Mind you once I get all my minions up I dont burn through pots so quick but they seem to die quickly when facing some mobs but for some reason the zombies walk off fighting where I dont want to go so I have to resummon minions quite alot to replace the ones which wander off

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

The game is still in beta and still changing quite a bit.  They have a lot of work to do.  If PoE was released after D2, I think it would have done so much better.  But, now that it's releasing after D3, it's going to be hard due to all of the new content that D3 has rolling out with it.  PoE may need to delay their launch for a while to add some more tot heir game.  Things like voice acting and a more polished UI.  Things like an auction house and more reasons for grouping up.  They need to refine their skill web and listen to the players about the crafting aspect of the game and being able to wipe your stats, to fix mistakes.  I know there are passive refunds, but it takes too long to gather enough if you've made some mistakes.  With the lack of an auction house, it makes it even harder.  Otherwise, you could just buy them.  Except that there is no money, so an auction house barter system would have to be worked on.  It seems like it would be more difficult to do.

Originally posted by DAS1337

PoE may need to delay their launch for a while to add some more tot heir game. 

Might as well delay the game indefinately  ,  D3 is just too good and can't be competed against .  Would be too much work to turn POE into a game good enough to compete with D3 right now.

• StekkyStekky Member Posts: 36

Might as well delay the game indefinately  ,  D3 is just too good and can't be competed against .  Would be too much work to turn POE into a game good enough to compete with D3 right now.

My problems with POE exist with its story development (none) and memorable moments (none).        POE in gameplay is great I feel.    The skill tree is insanely large BUT its interesting and actually makes you browse around and think before every point you invest.      The potion system works extremely well as does using "identification scrolls"  as currency.       The graphics  and artstyle have tons of Diablo influence although there are a few annoyances such as landscapes cutting off vision.   

Personally?   I'd have rather seen  Blizzard buy out GGG's POE,   add some additional story, levels and released it than to see the current  iteration.        

I have zero doubt that D3 will sell well,  but I also believe that consumer satisfaction on the series willl start a downward trend.       

• StekkyStekky Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Aori

Originally posted by Stekky

My problems with POE exist with its story development (none) and memorable moments (none).        POE in gameplay is great I feel.    The skill tree is insanely large BUT its interesting and actually makes you browse around and think before every point you invest.      The potion system works extremely well as does using "identification scrolls"  as currency.       The graphics  and artstyle have tons of Diablo influence although there are a few annoyances such as landscapes cutting off vision.   

Personally?   I'd have rather seen  Blizzard buy out GGG's POE,   add some additional story, levels and released it than to see the current  iteration.        

I have zero doubt that D3 will sell well,  but I also believe that consumer satisfaction on the series willl start a downward trend.       

Eh i'm not sure what is so interesting about a skill tree that requires several of the same passive to get anywhere.. unless they've updated it since I played last.

As for blizzard buying PoE? Why they have their own ARPG and with a better optimized engine with more features.. waste of money to buy a downgrade.

As for the satisfaction going on a downward trend for the series, well how do you make such an assumption? I think it'll garner one of the largest online communities yet. Blizzard has yet to disappoint the majority with a product, I don't think D3 will be the start of it.

You're joking?     Blizzard had only STARTED building a negative reputation with their first WoW expansion.     Prior,   Blizzard was the Valve of the PC game world as they could do nothing wrong.         As of Blizzards "optimized " engine,  I see that as targeting Zynga's audience which is another negative.     It's the same blocky art-style that was very clever when using Warcraft as a model but had nothing to do with previous Diablo games.  The target audience of Bliz-----Activision has changed since to people  I never thought of before as "gamers" .       Thats great in a monetary sense but for me,   

It does nothing.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Targetting zyngas audience?

Yea, Diablo just screams Farmville to me. Do you guys even read what you post?

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Targetting zyngas audience?

Yea, Diablo just screams Farmville to me. Do you guys even read what you post?

He just means that Blizzard games these days are so "easy" that your mom can play them. Perhaps I will get my mom to try Diablo 3, she might actually like it.

On topic, Diablo 3 might have better grouping, with the personal loot and all (I like it, better then those leeching bastards in my runs), but truth be told, I like to play these games on my own. I set my own pace and I always feel rushed when I play with others. Just a personal flaw of myself.