Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to try Rift

DojoDojo Member CommonPosts: 42
Hello,
I really want to give Rift a shot but I was wondering if it is grindy like Aion (my current game). Would really like to find a fun game I can play fairly casually. Thanks!

Comments

• not even close to that kind of grind. you can hit level cap in like 2 days play time and then the world is yours to play with. a lot of people enjoy it.

• nikki9786nikki9786 Member Posts: 15

From my experience its no where near as grindy as Aion.  Rift is also free up to level 20 I think, so doesnt hurt to try it out.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Levelling is not grindy at all.

Endgame is very grindy, though there is a variety of activities.  But its all about currency for gear.

• WikingDKWikingDK Member UncommonPosts: 50

I have just returned to RIFT and im having a blast. I have leveled my mage to lvl 25 in 3 days casual gaming. Im still in the second zone. 

I really love this game, it have improved so much over the past 6 months. 

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by nikki9786

From my experience its no where near as grindy as Aion.  Rift is also free up to level 20 I think, so doesnt hurt to try it out.

Aion is far from a grind these days, I just rolled a new Sorc two days ago (and I am by no means an experienced player when it comes to Aion) and I am already halfway to level cap and PvPing in the Abyss.

They've added so much content that you will constantly have goals to achieve, I haven't felt even the slightest hint of boredom yet. I'm also not really into asian inspired MMORPGs but Aion is quickly changing my tune on that subject.

It's a very decent game, with the most unrestrictive F2P model of any MMORPG that has made the conversion from P2P to F2P. Well worth looking into again if you haven't checked it out for a long period of time.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652

Rift is fun for awhile especially if you havent played it before but after you hit 50 it becomes a chore more then anything and its a raiding and gear grind just like wow was. They seem to be trying to add in new features to allow more activities other than grinding gear. I have 4 50s in rift and I found myself along with a lot of guild members cancelling our subs from patch to patch and then coming back to check out the new patch then just cancelling again. There are a few high pop servers left but majority of the servers stay on light or medium so you can kinda see that its not just myself doing the samething.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

I have been leveling through RIFT for the first time and have had a blast.