Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does GW2 have enough weapons?

Comments

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by jmsgalla

I think there are enough, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more.

• Crossbow

• Polearms (Halberd, etc...)

• Spear (outside of water =) )

• Scimitars

Even if some of these weapons shared the same skills as a weapon similar to them I would be happy.  I know the added skills will only make things more difficult to try and balance.  Scimitar could be the same skills as a dagger, 2 hand axe could be same skills as a 2 hand sword, etc... 

I agree here until you get to scimitar =P

is NOT a dagger >.< and really it falls under 1h sword already.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

There are enough weapons for now.... how it is the game is balanced..... later on the other hand new weapons set would be a grt way to expand game combat

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by jmsgalla

I think there are enough, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more.

• Crossbow

• Polearms (Halberd, etc...)

• Spear (outside of water =) )

• Scimitars

Even if some of these weapons shared the same skills as a weapon similar to them I would be happy.  I know the added skills will only make things more difficult to try and balance.  Scimitar could be the same skills as a dagger, 2 hand axe could be same skills as a 2 hand sword, etc... 

I agree here until you get to scimitar =P

is NOT a dagger >.< and really it falls under 1h sword already.

I want one!

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

My hunch is that a lot of weapon choices are going to be down to skins, with transmutation stones players will be pulling stats of one weapon to put on to their favourite skin.  So expect a lot more choices of weapons later in the game.  This will apply to armour to.

As to other type of weapons, I think they wil come either with expansions or trickled in at a later date.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

hmm... how about some crazy weird weapon no one would think of... like a flamethrower?

...o wait :P

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Definately a Scythe.

Even if they just added a scythe skinned staff or something

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Swordstaff

Sling

Rapier

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Yes it has enough weapons but people want a GreatAxe.

This is not a game.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

For expansions:

- Spears 

- Various Polearms

- Flail 

- 2-h Axe

- Javelin

- Sabre 

- Scimitar

- Mace 

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Let's see...

Polearms/war spears(made up name I think) can go towards Guardians and Warriors (Already have spears for underwater

Just a magical Pole more so for melee but for casters like Necro/Ele/Mesmer

Chain hook/scythe type thing for thief/rangers

Gun bow for Engineers/Rangers

Unique towards each proffesion

2 handed axe for warriors

Lance and Shield for Guardian

Windmill Shuriken for Thiefs

Gun sword for Engineers

Fan for Mesmer

Force(May that mofo force be with yo azz) attunment for Ele's

Orbs for Necros

Claws for Ranger

Weapons that you can find that are limited

Energy fist(Asura Tech)

Sniper Rifle(Char Tech)

Energy Flail kind of like the one in Gear Wars 3, explodes(Norn Tech)

Don't know one for humans, but the weapons a bit strong and can only be found in the environment, respawn so often.

Those are just some ideas though :/

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by fenistil

For expansions:

- Spears 

- Various Polearms

- Flail 

- 2-h Axe

- Javelin

- Sabre 

- Scimitar

- Mace 

isn't mace already in the game? and scimitar/sabre are 1h swords and in the game. Also I would say a javelin is damned close to a spear and should be grped with it if we get them.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by RizelStar

Can agree to almost anything but please please no Lance for fighting on foot. This is weapon for mounted combat and also only for charging (later on cavalery just take out swords, axes , hammers , warpicks ,etc)

It looks so stupid and unrealistic that it makes my eyes bleed...

Let's see...

Polearms/war spears(made up name I think) can go towards Guardians and Warriors (Already have spears for underwater

Just a magical Pole more so for melee but for casters like Necro/Ele/Mesmer

Chain hook/scythe type thing for thief/rangers

Gun bow for Engineers/Rangers

Unique towards each proffesion

2 handed axe for warriors

Windmill Shuriken for Thiefs

Gun sword for Engineers

Fan for Mesmer

Force(May that mofo force be with yo azz) attunment for Ele's

Orbs for Necros

Claws for Ranger

Weapons that you can find that are limited

Energy fist(Asura Tech)

Sniper Rifle(Char Tech)

Energy Flail kind of like the one in Gear Wars 3, explodes(Norn Tech)

Don't know one for humans, but the weapons a bit strong and can only be found in the environment, respawn so often.

Those are just some ideas though :/

some of those I have no idea what they are but for the most part I like the way you think =D Really cool ideas there Rizel... but what on earth is a gun bow? >.<

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051

Can agree to almost anything but please please no Lance for fighting on foot. This is weapon for mounted combat and also only for charging (later on cavalery just take out swords, axes , hammers , warpicks ,etc)

+1 lances don't work without a mount, and even then they are more for show and events than actual combat.

• AbdullaDooAbdullaDoo Member Posts: 60

Another vote for a 2h axe.

Seems like a bad oversight to not include one, particularly when you have a race based on the Norse and given that the giant axe-wielding Viking archetype (whether it was actually common or not) is one a lot of players would likely want to play.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

Originally posted by eluldor

+1 lances don't work without a mount, and even then they are more for show and events than actual combat.

Agreed. The Lancer is absolutely ridiculous in TERA. I mean I know that it's a fantasy game and all but a melee lancer is just bananas! I like fantasy as much as the next guy but I prefer it to be a bit realistic. I can relate to it better.

Also, unarmed fighting for the thief. Maybe mesmer as well.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

I would like to see my dervish again... it can weild scythe, spear, staff, and sheild on main hand. Off hand it shall have shield, warhorn, and torch. I've always wanted to see double-weild shield in a game, and I imagine it to be a command center kind of build, and when weilded grants large defense but immovable, but allow for long range hinderances. The rest would be normal builds, each change in weapon has a designated "avatar", which were a staple of the original dervish, (the double-sheild would be Kormir... for obvious reasons, and would allow you to change to the command center mode) while the Staff would be Lyssa, Scythe Grenth, Spear Balthazar, etc. Each avatar would change build from the normal. Tat is mmy dream character... sorry if it is slightly confusing, I just made it up as I went.

• ScarlyngScarlyng Member UncommonPosts: 159

As some have pointed out, you might see more weapons in expansions, like spear/shield and scythe if there is an expansion set in elona, or Oriental weapons for one set in Cantha.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

It'd be cool if they added whips (this would be cool on necro or thief), flails, 2-handed axes. Other then that they have pretty much the stock and trade weapons of a fantasy world.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by drel

If not, what would you like to see added, either as a single weapon or in combination with another?

No, they forgot to put the Halberd, but i'm sure its because a guy plain forgot to code it. They are probably slaping each other now that i reminded it to them image

And no you shouldn't be able to dual wield halbert...

Ps 2h axes are overated

Misfit the elementalist have a kind of electrical whip as a skill.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Originally posted by Requiamer

Originally posted by drel

If not, what would you like to see added, either as a single weapon or in combination with another?

No, they forgot to put the Halberd, but i'm sure its because a guy plain forgot to code it. They are probably slaping each other now that i reminded it to them image

And no you shouldn't be able to dual wield halbert...

Ps 2h axes are overated

Misfit the elementalist have a kind of electrical whip as a skill.

Is it even possible to duel wield halberts? Of course, they can carry giant hammers around like they're nothing...

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I can imagine them adding a weapon for each profession with a full expansion. Could be completely new weapons, or could even be regional variants of existing weapons, like a Katana and Dai Katana for sword and 2H sword in a Cantha based expansion.

We probably won't see new weapons outside of major expansions though.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343

Originally posted by Alders

More than enough weapons currently but i wouldn't mind seeing more in future expansions such as;

Great Axe

Crossbow

Great Katana

Flail

Scythe

Omg...I could totally see a necro with a scythe!

• tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298

this is going to be a major expansion point I imagine.  The amount of weapong types they could add is staggering, but each one takes a lot of effort to balance and create.  I'd love to see a new weapon on a static release schedule though.  Something like a new weapon every 2-3 months. 

would love to see many of the uncommon weapons like:

Nets

Whips

Javelins

Numbchuck

Baton

Sai

Flail

claws

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by garretth

Originally posted by Alders

More than enough weapons currently but i wouldn't mind seeing more in future expansions such as;

Great Axe

Crossbow

Great Katana

Flail

Scythe

Omg...I could totally see a necro with a scythe!

Like I said in my first post, Necros actually form a scythe with the staff. It pops up only when casting, but the effect is pretty cool if you ask me.

Though, I wouldn't mind an actual scythe for one either! So I'll agree!