Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you buy Tera?? ( please share with us )

wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

Hi all,

so i made this poll coz am not sure if i should buy the game but i want to know overall, where you guys stand.

Comments

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

i see lots of ppl waiting for GW2, and still no one till now said he Love the game, any Idea why ? i mean the game looks

interesting right ?

• rogabrrogabr Member Posts: 125

i was going too, but D3 comes out in 8 days and i dont think ill be playing it after that beast comes out.

MIGHT buy GW2 soley for the fact that there isnt a monthly fee, but that will be a while down the track. + i dont even know when Gw2 is coming out so theres that too.

Tera also screwed themselves from the international market due to how the spells work with latency, you cannot queue anything so anyone with a high ping (200+) will be ALWAYS doing less DPS than someone with low latency, to the point where certain classes are flat out unplayable in any sort of competitive play. 

• rogabrrogabr Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by wasim470

i see lots of ppl waiting for GW2, and still no one till now said he Love the game, any Idea why ? i mean the game looks

interesting right ?

its really more of the same stuff, there are people that have already hit max level and they didnt release a lot of the end game stuff this early into the opening so people are already getting bored, it got hyped really REALLY hard

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

I bought tera and i am playing it... it looks nice but it wont hold me much longer i think... well i need to keep player to be sure of that xD

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Originally posted by rogabr

interesting right ?

its really more of the same stuff, there are people that have already hit max level and they didnt release a lot of the end game stuff this early into the opening so people are already getting bored, it got hyped really REALLY hard

I loved the GW2 beta weekend, defenitly the best game ive played to date. People claim its over hyped how ever im yet to see the hype rating go down since after the beta so alot of people must also think its a great game, But we will have to see on release 2 see how it realy fairs.

• SnikzSnikz Member UncommonPosts: 120

Waiting for TSW my self..

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I chose yes and I love it only because there isn't a better option up there for me. It's a good, solid game so far and pretty entertaining. I'm only level 40 so I don't know about endgame but as far as themepark mmos go its my favorite to date. Yeah, when gw2 comes I'll likely abandon ship but with a strong guild I can see myself hopping back and forth as I burn out between them. I'll use D3 as filler if both grow tiring. A lot on my plate lol, we are entering the golden age of gaming it would seem.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• CRAZYCAN00KCRAZYCAN00K Member UncommonPosts: 47

I didn't buy , I assum it will be like most other asian games with the huge leveling curve. Main reason for not purchasing it is because I am realy interested in The Secret World.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

hey since you level 40 can you tell me about the game?

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Mike-McQueen

I chose yes and I love it only because there isn't a better option up there for me. It's a good, solid game so far and pretty entertaining. I'm only level 40 so I don't know about endgame but as far as themepark mmos go its my favorite to date. Yeah, when gw2 comes I'll likely abandon ship but with a strong guild I can see myself hopping back and forth as I burn out between them. I'll use D3 as filler if both grow tiring. A lot on my plate lol, we are entering the golden age of gaming it would seem.

u are right sir, this year is the PC year, so many grt games comming out =]

well TBH here when i saw what GW2 is i can't think of any other MMO i can ever play, the games seems amazing so far ( for me at least ), so now i have 3month SWTOR that i don't see my self playing :P, but still GW2 seems far away for now hehe i did buy BF3 as a filler, since i feel D3 kind of the same old same old  but gota wait and see if that's true. :) 

• omega78omega78 Member UncommonPosts: 260

Not the best to really say anything. I preordered and played it in the beta. I found the combat a tad bit slower than what was advertised, some of the classes were interesting but none of them were really my thing. 

The graphics are gorgeous and the music was nice as well. The races were pretty neat too (although all the debates over Elin were...annoying to say the least) But again, I didn't play much because it didn't really click well with me, but like with anything I would suggest waiting a month or so before buying, see how it fares with everyone else.

• roxbieroxbie Member Posts: 1

Tera is actually a really great game.

It's graphics are GREAT,  actually better then Guildwars 2 (in the guildwars 2 beta)  maybe when GW2 gets DX11 it will be better but until then Tera is awesome.  Characters look great,  landscape is awesome.

Gameplay is really fun,  the active battle system is really fun,  no auto attack FOR REAL even GW2 can't say that anymore.

Only advantages GW2 has to tera is Tera uses the old WOW model of questing, and its a bit of a grind.  Also it has a 15$ a month model like wow,  but honestly,  I love this game.

It's a big surprise,  if it would have come out a year ago like it did in korea it would have been 1# all the way.

• asurastrikeasurastrike Member UncommonPosts: 9

I preordered long before CB even started. Then I played during CB1-CB3 so much that I was burned out. I hardly played during CB4 and never logged in for CB5, and thats when I decided to cancel my preorder. =X

now back to LFG and waiting for GW2/D3

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by asurastrike

I preordered long before CB even started. Then I played during CB1-CB3 so much that I was burned out. I hardly played during CB4 and never logged in for CB5, and thats when I decided to cancel my preorder. =X

now back to LFG and waiting for GW2/D3

lol same exact thing happened to me.. had a good time in first couple of betas but after that combat wasn't as fun as it's hyped up to be and lack of any sort of way to make your character really unique really hurts this game.. and the questing is just a joke for a 2012 MMO.. honestly many F2P games have more enjoyable quests. Love the graphics though

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

so is this going to be like KOA ( the single player game ) where the combat was amazing and the qs were so boring that u play for 3 days then it's a meh ? ??? :/

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

nope, playing free Aion while waiting for GW2.  No point to invest time on a game that cant even beat Aion in korea when Aion is already dead in western and had to go f2p. 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by chelao

hey since you level 40 can you tell me about the game?

There are several threads already giving opnions and saying much about the game. With pros and cons. Just scroll down.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Games888

nope, playing free Aion while waiting for GW2.  No point to invest time on a game that cant even beat Aion in korea when Aion is already dead in western and had to go f2p. 

What?

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I skipped it. Only neat thing to me were the BAMs. Outside of that the game didn't interest me at all.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

interesting right ?

1.I signed up to there beta and mailing services 3 years ago, didnt even get a newsletter.
    2.The lack of information prior to their recent marketing campaign had been abyssal.
    3.They left shit too long for me to care, release date 2011? yeah that came and went, ive moved on.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76

The game is awesome. Everyone is waiting for GW2 b/c that has gotten 300% of the marketing every where. I have a level 33 Priest in TERA and its a blast to play. The combat is what sets this apart from every mmo. That and the politcis. A game that combines true skill. Aiming  / dodgeing attacks. Healing is litterly like playing a 3rd person shooter. This game is like monster hunter online and with future content updates has the potential to turn into a Dark Souls online type of expereince. Nothing is more fun then killing big ass monsters where you have to aim and doge with your firends.

There is no hand holding in this game. 

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

My ex bought it for me and were playing that together.  Seems pretty fun o.o Ofc thats cuz Im only in the noob area.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

The only reason I'm not playing it right now is because of the sub fee. This is the only reason I'm playing GW2 and not TERA.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199