Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anet showing how much they care for their customers

Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Found this on Reddit, I think this shows how Anet employees cares about its potential player base.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/t8u9i/disabled_gamer_looking_for_support_and_a_good/

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Ok, that's pretty awesome.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I've never heard of a development team taking in the limitations of people with injuries/diseases that may limit their ability to play the game.

I think this speaks volumes to the care developers have for all gamers waiting to play GW2

GOLD STAR to the developers!!

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by drel

I've never heard of a development team taking in the limitations of people with injuries/diseases that may limit their ability to play the game.

I think this speaks volumes to the care developers have for all gamers waiting to play GW2

GOLD STAR to the developers!!

The team behind Legend of Grimrock did this as well, I believe. A disabled gamer asked them to make the game playable via mouse only (since he had trouble using the keyboard) and they complied within, like, a couple of hours or so? I love it when developers do that kind of thing.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by Eir_S

Ok, that's pretty awesome.

Yes I thought so to, I think it reflects very good for Anet when an employee can show its understanding of the needs of another person who wants to use its companies products, I don't personally know any severly disabled people and don't know if there are any on this site that can turn around and say that they have been shown understanding of their needs by any company when buying or wanting to use any companies product.

Edit  @Kaerigan, You got in before me,  Never seem to hear of this sort of thing, so good to see other developers have taken on board that not all people are able bodied.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Bloody hell brings a tear to your eye all the best to the bloke, it's an inspiration to anybody who faces adversity in their lives and put's GW2 as a great investment and Anet have gone up a notch in my book. image

p>
  • SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Anet owning every other developers teams xD

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

This is why I'm a huge fan of ArenaNet. Regardless of whether GW2 is revolutionary or not, there are really great people working for Anet and it shows. They interact with people on the forums and in the game and even other online communities. Even though it's not a huge thing, it's goes a long way to let their fans know that they matter.

I bet that really made the dude's day. Hopefully they will figure out a way to make the game work really well for him so he can kick some ass in WvW!

• RollmeisterRollmeister Member Posts: 41

I was impressed by that.  It's good to know they're out watching various communities too.

I'm 30% Rock, 10% Roll, 50% Nerd and 10% Troll.
    Axis of Awesome - Moderately Rock and Roll

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Well you don't see THAT every  day.  That's very satisfying.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Kudos to Arenanet for putting so much care on GW2 & its growing (fast!) community!

imageimage

• NailzzzNailzzz Member UncommonPosts: 515

This kind of speaks to why i defend Arenanet as much as i do. Everyone goes on and on about how they are only in it for the money like every other company and must be liars and thieves like every other company who has ever released a "hyped" mmo. It honestly offends me. Ive seen plenty of evidence suggesting that that isnt the case with Arenanet and as ironic as it is, it actually makes me want to throw more of my own money at them. This is yet another example.

Sure other companies may donate a pittance of thier money to some charity and point towards that as evidence that they dont just care about money, but it never seems like its any more than a positive PR campaighn to make up for some horrible misstep they made or your about to learn about. And when you look at the amount of money they actually donate, it is actually pretty sad compared to how much they are often ripping people off for.

Things like this come off as far more sincere by comparison. You could argue that in a way they are making the game more accesible to the handicapped as a matter of gaining more revenue from them as well if you wanted to be cynical, but you also have to consider that it will cost them more in programming/manpower/support to accomodate them with no guarentee that it would pay for itself. The way this was handled in this case (going out of thier way to answer an individuals questions on the matter unsolicited on a 3rd party site) doesnt give me the impresion that such math was even considered. All i see is people who have made something they are proud of who want as many people to get to experience it as possible.

I'm proud to have been supporting them as far back as 2004. They have yet to make me regret it.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

So, is there proof that the person claiming to work at Anet, actually works there?

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.