Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online first screens leaked

124»

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Originally posted by toddze

Originally posted by newbo

I knock a lot of things regarding TES Online, but the graphics are not one of them. Some of you need vision checks.

My vision is just fine. See if you can see the diffrence

This is ESO:

The Elder Scrolls Online

This is TES:

...and what MMO pray tell is capable of going with single player game graphics?  Even the highest grade graphical MMO doesn't even come close at present, because it's just not feasible.

I disagree ArcheAge uses the Cry2 Engine the game isn't even out of closed beta and the game looks leaps and bounds better by far than the stylized TES screenies that were posted if anything I'd say the Skyrim graphics on a MMO is possible and its being done with this game. It all comes down to this do you want a quality game with all the bells and whistles that people have been clamoring for years now, or rehash the same MMO thats been done for the past 8 yrs and hope for the best?

I'd say if a non-mmo TES player were to play something like TES and get the freedom and open world with all the bells and whisltes of the single player games and then some like Naval Combat and Underwater Exploration and content , I'd bet TES fans would play ArcheAge over TESO.  Why design a MMO that the formula that has been done to death already?  Money? Sure money is nice if your going for short term, make a quality game people will but it and people will sub to it and stay it's that simple.

Originally posted by KingGator

Originally posted by Mephster

WTH is ths crappy cartoony nonsense is this ? God this is so disappointing. It is over before it even started I think...

Link: http://www.incgamers.com/News/31243/elder-scrolls-online-looks-very-mmo-ish-first-screens-leaked

It looks fine to me. Some of you skyrim fanbois need to get that nerd rage under control. This game has no effect on the rest of the games, its seperate, skyrim will still be skyrim this will still be this, whatever this is going to be.

An abomination?

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

God I hate this stupid fucking candle! Seriously who doesnt think this look cartoony as hell?? And why is a stack of books 4X the size of that maerchants head???

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

God I hate this stupid fucking candle! Seriously who doesnt think this look cartoony as hell?? And why is a stack of books 4X the size of that maerchants head???

Now if this was a true TES MMO you would pick up that candle and drop it on his head or throw it at him :P But then again we can't have nice interactive enviroments anymore its gotta be static, lifeless and bland for the type of players that get easily confused if you let them stray off the bread crumb trail of quest hubs and loot slot machines... god forbid a world to play in oh my!!!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Originally posted by Corehaven

Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah, TES has made a certain style for itself over the years, which this game doesn't even remotely resemble.  It looks like polished shit.

That doesnt suprise me in the least. 

I had said weeks ago when people started talking about it that mmos are often dubbed down compared to other games.  Not that I have anything at all against mmos, because I dont.  But when its just a fact. 

Did I expect an Elder Scrolls mmo to look as good as Skyrim?  In what realm of the imagination was that going to happen?  And graphics are going to be only the half of it.  The game wont probably play quite like Elder Scrolls traditionally has either.  And there will be thousand other differences. 

This is why I've always been against the idea entirely.  And from what Todd Howard had said, he was too.  So why in the world he would say that and then turn right around immediatly and start making an Elder mmo is beyond me.  Its really weird.  Id assume they'd be in production for awhile now.  So why would he say they had no interest in making one only a few months ago?  Weirdness.

With all due respect, but why are we gamers always play the role of the developer?

If I am a restaurant visitor or tester, I don't care how difficult a good meal is to make. I want it. I pay for it. I don't care if it's difficult to make! Same with games. I want my MMO to have GREAT visuals. And that is possible even with lower polygons, see LOTRO. And in newer MMOs also, see ArchAge or TERA or GW2 even. All those games look much better than these TESO screenshots. They look just as sterile as SWTOR, and so it seems to be the flaw of the Hero engine.

I am a potential paying customer, and if I gonna spent my heard earned cash I think I am entiteled to be demanding and state my wishes clearly. How "easy" they are to implement is of no relevance to me. If I buy a car I don't care how "difficult" it is to make either. I have my wishes and if I don't get them from Toyota I buy a Mercedes. It's how market works. ;)

I am sorry, but the screenshots of TESCO (ESO? TESO??) look just awful, even for today's standard.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

At the risk of waffling again, I'm back on the other side of the fence...these screens are...well...they look like a generic MMO. In other words...horrible.

The monsters look nothing like TES monsters, the landscape is cartoonish with exaggerated lines...

It's just...all wrong. All wrong.

Now I wasn't expecting Skyrim gfx for an online game...but come on.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    ??

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by colddog04

Hmm... giant mushrooms? Are the going to have the Vvardenfell part of Tamriel?

Lots of areas will be present the main of Tamriel last I looked, looking forward to exploring elsweyr myself!

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Mephster

Are you guys serious ? This looks awful. It looks like TOR which is just as awful. I swear some of you guys will like anything as long as it is a mmo. Learn to have some respect for your favorite franchises for once.

ROFL do you not understand how opinions work? Doesn't seem you do...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

basically what hes saying is you dont have to settle for this shit, dont roll over and let them spoon feed you an mmo that has no similarity or connection to the beloved franchsie. Its an obvious attempt by bethesda to do a cash grab.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

Originally posted by Roin
    Kind of amusing reading all these QQ post from arm-chair developers.  That have never worked on a game let alone a MMO.  Yet seem to think just because they played a game, they know oh so much about how one should operate. I mean if you think you can do better.  By all means I invite you to go round-up some investors, and negoiate to get a license on the IP.  If people around here put as much effort into making a game as they do complaining about them.  Who knows you might actually make something just above "Bad".
    Oh and FYI: I have no interest in ESO, nor any interest in the graphics or engine.  Me, personally I would have rather seen a Co-Op mode for Skyrim.

Kind of amusing reading these kind of post from people who are neither user nor developer.
    That makes you a general in Arm-chairing on forums?

If i drive race cars for 14 years i damn well know how good a new car drives especially when i see parts reused in the suspension and brake system as well as teh whole frame.

After playing over 12 years mmos and expirience the downloadable hero toolkit as well as the TORTANIC i can tell you what's not gonna work out well.

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Then why don't you take issue with GW2, it's not anything compared to Conan or Archeage?  The double standards on this website when it comes to how a game looks graphically is all over the place.

Because GW2 Beta was Dx9 only and states as unfinished WHILE having DX10 (11) in works.

The main difference? GW2 "Art" isn't an excuse for low resolution textures and poor mesh jobs. Even the DX9 version had excelent Armor textures as well as landscape textures (the common lowrez tree textures aside).

Where metal looked like metal, reflected and shined, wather looked like a brush paint but still crispy while not looking real. But never at a point was it 128x128 256 color texture stretched to whatever lazy skinjob you want to do for a whole field.

Originally posted by Eletheryl
    Is a MMO, people still dont undestand that you cant have graphics like Skyrim or even oblivion in a MMO, ever worse if u plan to have PvP battles with more than 100 playes, cant happen. 

The kindergarden is that way ->
    I don't feel like arguing with someone who knows nothing about current MMOs aviable. Seriously putting vanilla Skyrim into any context as "top" is so wrong in so many ways.
    *hint* U3 / Cryengine 3 are out there.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Everything looks gigantic and oversized. Look at the dice by the players (?) hand...  Most offensive is the rubberized shirt on the merchant. Already the graphics have a clearly cartoonish and overexaggerated look but for the love of pete plase put away the latex..

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

looks awful.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Looks almost 100% like Rift which only bothers me a little considering i thought rift looked beautiful.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation