Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Almost done

Comments

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

My standard guess is always 3 months from the first beta, and this usually seems to play out, so I'm going for the end of July. 

That way ANet have got time to do another BWE end of May, and another mid June. This will give them a couple of weeks to get things ironed out before the game goes gold, then a month to tweak things for the inevitable release day game update.

Saying that, and I really hope this doesnt happen, ANet has a history of realeasing things in April or September. Clearly its not gonna be April..............but I really hope its not September

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Propably after the summer to get as much initial sales as possible, further marketing the game. I know I wont be sitting as much in front of my computer or talking about games as I do when it's not summer.

• CrunkJuice2CrunkJuice2 Member Posts: 568

Originally posted by Calerxes

The problem Ncsoft & Arenanet are facing now is that they have customers not just potential customers and the longer they leave it the more restless those customers will get and start shouting RELEASE THE FECKING THING NOW so my guess as with others is it'll be sooner rather than later bugs or no bugs. Get ready for the rollacoaster rides guys its going to be fun to watch and read image

and good riddance to the people who shout "release the game now".there probably the same bunch who are the reason why sw tor's doing so badly

but as long as its not duke nukem forever part 2 i dont care when it releases.although judging by the amount of people talking like playing video games in the summer is some abnormal thing,im probably just gonna give up the mmorpg genre altogether is gw2 is another casualfest like wow and go play somethin else.kinda tired of casuals ruining mmorpg after mmorpg

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Yeah, it's going to be September - either the 4th (which I doubt) or the 18th (which I've stood by for a year now :D)

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

if it was coming out in june they would have announced it by now..no way is this game coming out before august.

nevermind
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

The problem Ncsoft & Arenanet are facing now is that they have customers not just potential customers and the longer they leave it the more restless those customers will get and start shouting RELEASE THE FECKING THING NOW so my guess as with others is it'll be sooner rather than later bugs or no bugs. Get ready for the rollacoaster rides guys its going to be fun to watch and read image

and good riddance to the people who shout "release the game now".there probably the same bunch who are the reason why sw tor's doing so badly

but as long as its not duke nukem forever part 2 i dont care when it releases.although judging by the amount of people talking like playing video games in the summer is some abnormal thing,im probably just gonna give up the mmorpg genre altogether is gw2 is another casualfest like wow and go play somethin else.kinda tired of casuals ruining mmorpg after mmorpg

But customers have rights and they'll use them people whinging and bleating on forums don't and thats the difference when you put your game up for pre-purchase rather than pre-order. SW:TOR was released early because of a very simple thing, money, it was costing too much and EA is losing money year on year, they had to release they had no choice in the matter, they had to try and recoup their initial outlay.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

Originally posted by CrunkJuice2

But customers have rights and they'll use them people whinging and bleating on forums don't and thats the difference when you put your game up for pre-purchase rather than pre-order. SW:TOR was released early because of a very simple thing, money, it was costing too much and EA is losing money year on year, they had to release they had no choice in the matter, they had to try and recoup their initial outlay.

with as big of a budget that bioware had that they pissed away on voice acting,i figured releasing it early because of money would be the last reason to release it early

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by zenryoku

Originally posted by hikaru77

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Almost done, yet so much work to do.. With Arenanet listening to people all around the globe and improving the game even more, its obvious to me that  this game wil not release pre summer 2012.

Not a big problem, and Arenanet can afford it with all the money they made from the pre purchases, there is no reason to rush. Pre-purchasing was an excellent idea, because in Arenanet we can trust. Have they told how many copies they pre-sold?  If they only sold as few as 200k Digital copies,  it will have made them well over 10M, which is enough to pay the bills.

With this attitude, GW2 might be up to sell WoW numbers of copies. Its a game aimed at a huge group of gamers, it has a lot of refreshing game feutures and Arenanet has the dedication to make it as good as possible.

Yes, its allmost done, but it will probably not release before early 4th quarter 2012, just in time to get enough possitive player attention to make a huge christmass sale on top of the initial sales.

¨refreshing game feutures¨. Can you make me a list?, from what i saw, and is not just me probably everyone who have played warhammer, daoc and rift, there is nothing new or ¨refreshing¨ in gw2, and if they dont fix the performance issues by the next beta, be ready for a september-december release.

The biggest one for me is the open-world dynamic events. Warhammer and Rift had some events that were dynamic, but they were localized and you still had the traditional linear quest hubs. You truly never need to look for a group to play with in GW2 as you'll get credit as long as you participate. Not once during the BWE did I ever feel like someone was impeding my progress, no I impeding them. That is a feature that I've never experienced in an MMO. There were always moments when someone "stole my kill", etc.

You will never see any " group looking for tank/healer/dps" in chat as there are none of the predefined archetypes in GW2. That feature alone will save us hours of trying to form a decent dungeon group.

The quick-travel system is the best I've ever seen. Most MMOs, you are bound to one point that you can recall to every 30-60 minutes. In GW2, you can teleport to anywhere you've unlocked for a small fee. You can get to anywhere in seconds.

So, those are three. There are others, but I just woke up. Brain no workie until my tea is ready. :P

GW2 DE are localized, exactley like warahmmer, also in Rift and war you dont need a party in a PQ or Rift is all about your contribution, but even that, in warhammer you have the ¨open party feature¨ wich was pretty good, easy and fast to find groups even in RvR, in gw2 at some point is like you are playing with a lots of Npcs, people dont even need to talk. Gw2 DE are just and improved version of Warhammer online Pqs, you even have the same contribution system, and stages, also is an static event like the Pqs on warhammer.

• limitedolimitedo Member Posts: 31

Earliest late July. I am guessing September-Oktober

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by zenryoku

Almost done, yet so much work to do.. With Arenanet listening to people all around the globe and improving the game even more, its obvious to me that  this game wil not release pre summer 2012.

Not a big problem, and Arenanet can afford it with all the money they made from the pre purchases, there is no reason to rush. Pre-purchasing was an excellent idea, because in Arenanet we can trust. Have they told how many copies they pre-sold?  If they only sold as few as 200k Digital copies,  it will have made them well over 10M, which is enough to pay the bills.

With this attitude, GW2 might be up to sell WoW numbers of copies. Its a game aimed at a huge group of gamers, it has a lot of refreshing game feutures and Arenanet has the dedication to make it as good as possible.

Yes, its allmost done, but it will probably not release before early 4th quarter 2012, just in time to get enough possitive player attention to make a huge christmass sale on top of the initial sales.

¨refreshing game feutures¨. Can you make me a list?, from what i saw, and is not just me probably everyone who have played warhammer, daoc and rift, there is nothing new or ¨refreshing¨ in gw2, and if they dont fix the performance issues by the next beta, be ready for a september-december release.

The biggest one for me is the open-world dynamic events. Warhammer and Rift had some events that were dynamic, but they were localized and you still had the traditional linear quest hubs. You truly never need to look for a group to play with in GW2 as you'll get credit as long as you participate. Not once during the BWE did I ever feel like someone was impeding my progress, no I impeding them. That is a feature that I've never experienced in an MMO. There were always moments when someone "stole my kill", etc.

You will never see any " group looking for tank/healer/dps" in chat as there are none of the predefined archetypes in GW2. That feature alone will save us hours of trying to form a decent dungeon group.

The quick-travel system is the best I've ever seen. Most MMOs, you are bound to one point that you can recall to every 30-60 minutes. In GW2, you can teleport to anywhere you've unlocked for a small fee. You can get to anywhere in seconds.

So, those are three. There are others, but I just woke up. Brain no workie until my tea is ready. :P

GW2 DE are localized, exactley like warahmmer, also in Rift and war you dont need a party in a PQ or Rift is all about your contribution, but even that, in warhammer you have the ¨open party feature¨ wich was pretty good, easy and fast to find groups even in RvR, in gw2 at some point is like you are playing with a lots of Npcs, people dont even need to talk. Gw2 DE are just and improved version of Warhammer online Pqs, you even have the same contribution system, and stages, also is an static event like the Pqs on warhammer.

Have you played the high level dynamic events?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Ive got a good feeling the game is just about ready for release, but I think they are waiting to see if Blizzard release a date for MoP and they wanna see what affect D3 will have on the MMO community.

They can gain alot of players if they release after MoP, if it turns into Cata 2.0 players will migrate to GW2.

• YaosYaos Member UncommonPosts: 153

Games generally don't sell as well int he summer, I'm guessing september.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

I am guessing september, nov, december TBH.

Remember they haven't even opened 2 races areas .. and im guessing because they are still working on them, along with engine polishing (ie maybe the game will use your video card... hopefully they will be very smart and REALLY UTILIZE GPUS FOR WvWvW, despite it being harder on compatibility). 

Oh and people saying De= WAR rofl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyqGJHTjes

Watch it and weep thats like a level 3 one that you can totally miss and that is how they work.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Still needs optimization, cash shop still needs to be worked out. People are pretty pissed that dyes aren't account wide anymore, either are costumes. There is more under the surface that needs to be done. I'd say minimum 3 months until release. Nobody has a clue how much content is in GW2 at the moment, and I think people underestimate the time it takes to code.

Anet themselves refered to this BWE as an "Acid test", whatever that means..guessing actually testing and not some "marketing tool" people tend to think. People just want to play the game so they'll say it's good "enough", then those same people will be the one complaining 3 weeks later because the game runs like crap and has bugs.

Originally posted by Dragonantis

Ive got a good feeling the game is just about ready for release, but I think they are waiting to see if Blizzard release a date for MoP and they wanna see what affect D3 will have on the MMO community.

They can gain alot of players if they release after MoP, if it turns into Cata 2.0 players will migrate to GW2.

theres a difference between gaining quality players,and gaining a bunch of crybaby casuals.all your gonna get with gaining alot of ex wow players are gonna be a bunch of crybaby casuals

"and I think people underestimate the time it takes to code."

yeah,alot of people underestimate alot of things when it comes to mmorpgs.theres a reason why people use the term armchair developers

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

Originally posted by UOvet

Still needs optimization, cash shop still needs to be worked out. People are pretty pissed that dyes aren't account wide anymore, either are costumes. There is more under the surface that needs to be done. I'd say minimum 3 months until release. Nobody has a clue how much content is in GW2 at the moment, and I think people underestimate the time it takes to code.

asura and sylvari zones obvious exist, already they show lots of gameplay. because no one know how much content already exist the game can be released in July or December.

we are just try to guess, no one have any reason or arguments valids, just opinions. for me i still believe will be end June xD

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804

I think there's a shit storm brewing.

Don't they still have to add video card support? If it was running on CPU only during the BWE wouldn't that imply there is still a lot of work to do on that front?

I mean they got to be prepared for the millions of people who have different hardware and video card configs.  There's got to be some big issues lurking there.

On the other hand they banked when they got a lot of people to buy the game already, so there's going to be the fanboi shit storm if they start pressing back to the end of summer or even late fall.

Perhaps they'll just have to release the game with the usual "omg b2p failure, won't even boot" parade and hire a 100 person support staff.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I don't know. I expect a BWE at least monthly until release, and I think that will keep folks from rioting when they see the progress being made and their feedback being implemented.

I've seen WAAAY too many games being released with major components missing- SWTOR, D3, even Tera with structured PvP and raids not impelemented, and I'm sure there are other examples. I'd rather wait an extra couple months instead of getting what I  consider an unfinished product with promises from the devs that it will be added in later.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

i look for it early to mid july....just my guess

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

Starhawk has been in "Beta" for like 6 months (game on PS3) and it's not only weekends. It's been a while since a game has actually had a true "beta", because most are usually just marketing. I just don't think this is the case with Anet. I mean, TSW has a release date and that's not out for another 2 months.

• Sp1dersbaneSp1dersbane Member Posts: 49

I'm gonna put my money on July/August release date.

Looking at WoW's previous expansion releases, it's a good chance that MOP will come out early/mid Dec 2012 for the Christmas charts. I think ArenaNet would want to avoid being in direct competition with a blizz release, especially when a lot of the gamers they're aiming at would be forced to choose between the two.

From all the reviews i've been seeing about the current state of the game, it does appear to be at a stage of polishing, tweaking and optimisation. I think they'll have one more BWE for tweaking and bug hunting, leave it for a few weeks then do a large scale and prolonged stability test to help optomise the servers pre-launch.

My two cents anyway.

Either way, I'm prepared to wait till it's done.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I think it will be a July release. Any longer and the fans will start screaming bloody murder.
  • AdalwulffAdalwulff Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,152

I hope they wait until late Q4 at least.

That still means a lot of BWE's !!