Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Unified Inventory Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The EVE Online blog has been updated with a new post discussing the upcoming unified inventory window. According to CCP Optimal and CCP Arrow, the necessity for multiple inventory windows was redundant. To solve the issue, a new unified "all in one" inventory will be deployed.

The most obvious change to the inventory is the new tree view, which automatically populates with all inventory locations accessible to you at a given point in time. As if that wasn’t a tough enough job, the tree view is also populated with any sub inventory location, so under your active ship you will see all bays present, under Ships you will see all your assembled ships and under Corporation you will see all the divisions accessible to you (the ones that you don’t have read access rights for are hidden). Oh, yeah, it also shows containers, effectively making them quite usable, as opposed to the biggest usability violators in the history of videogames. It should be obvious that you can now move items between inventory locations without opening the destination window; just drop it to the relative tree view entry instead. If you prefer, you can drag and hold an item over the tree view entry to switch over to that inventory location to see the item appearing safely at its destination, although there is also a confirming blink when dropping onto an entry. You can also drag containers between locations within the tree, making life even easier.

Read the full post on the EVE Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    That is a definite improvement when it comes to storage.
  • cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

game of drones hmmm  related to this in any way ? http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21C6B6D6F192D58D&feature=plcp

BestSigEver :P

• gaugemewgaugemew Member Posts: 158

WHy do I get the feeling this is a bbigger change then they give credit for.  Could get more new people into the game with it.  Inventories were completely unmanagable before.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by gaugemew
    WHy do I get the feeling this is a bbigger change then they give credit for.  Could get more new people into the game with it.  Inventories were completely unmanagable before.

While convenience improvements of the game are nice, they will not get CCP any more subscribers as already proven by Crucible...

Seems like CCP no longer cares for EVE growth, neither in subs or game itself.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

CCP keeping their standards and trying to evolve on that model. That's why I still play...

Enjoying the refinements and waiting for what their next step in the game will be..

I'm interested in their Game of Drones graphic down there.. Wonder what that will lead to in the dev. department..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• starhawk34starhawk34 Member UncommonPosts: 4

i tried this out onm sisi and hate it. it ties all the hangers and containers into a list system  like the windows hard drive search feature, with a container items window on the side. it makes it dificult to transfer items from one window to another  having to scroll the list down to access the second tab that you cant look into at the same time.  it ads a filters search function but if your an industrialist like myself with thousands of items it makes if extreamly dificult to move stuff around. 

when hauling in and out of a wormhole  in an orca with 42 giant secure containers, cargo hold ore hold and corp hanger  its impossible to open the cans in groupings like i was before to load and unload items. 

you can nott open multiple inventory instances to drag items from one open hanger to another. 

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

Originally posted by starhawk34

i tried this out onm sisi and hate it. it ties all the hangers and containers into a list system  like the windows hard drive search feature, with a container items window on the side. it makes it dificult to transfer items from one window to another  having to scroll the list down to access the second tab that you cant look into at the same time.  it ads a filters search function but if your an industrialist like myself with thousands of items it makes if extreamly dificult to move stuff around. 

when hauling in and out of a wormhole  in an orca with 42 giant secure containers, cargo hold ore hold and corp hanger  its impossible to open the cans in groupings like i was before to load and unload items. 

you can nott open multiple inventory instances to drag items from one open hanger to another. 

Having not tried it our personally, I was under the impression you could seperate windows by Shift-clicking the tree node you wanted as a seperate window. Does this actually just open it as a tab?

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by mklinic

Originally posted by starhawk34

Having not tried it our personally, I was under the impression you could seperate windows by Shift-clicking the tree node you wanted as a seperate window. Does this actually just open it as a tab?

Yep you can still open multiple windows, he just has not found out how yet.