Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Polls] TESO Survey

AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

-Read first-

The questions here are based on the available information of the game and its described state as seen in Game Informer.

If you are voting, please keep this in mind and don't speculate on "well if they put in X..." or use sources that are not "official" or just plain rumors.

Comments

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

In your -OPINION- does TESO resemble the TES franchise?

I.e. Does TESO capture the "essence" or "core" of TES, whatever this is for you.

Do you agree that design philosophy make sense in the MMO-conversion from TES to TESO.

I.e. the design decissions where -necessary- to translate TES to an MMOG.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273

Based on what is released, TESO is just like any other MMO out there, just with the TES name on top. I'll still keep my eye on it but if it stays the way it is i probably wont be purchasing it.

• manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75

I like it :(

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    I'm extremely disappointed. In fact, this is the most disappointed I've been in a long, long time. I don't know what they were thinking, but clearly it's not going to work. They should just announce F2P + cash shop now and get it over with. I just want to vomit. They could've shaken the foundations of the genre, but instead will waste the IP on another bullshit game likely with some gimmick thrown in late in development in order to get people to buy and try just to make their money back. Player housing or something but it won't help the game float past 30 days. Ugh. Meh. Wah.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Originally posted by Jaeriyoz

I'm extremely disappointed. In fact, this is the most disappointed I've been in a long, long time. I don't know what they were thinking, but clearly it's not going to work. They should just announce F2P + cash shop now and get it over with. I just want to vomit. They could've shaken the foundations of the genre, but instead will waste the IP on another bullshit game likely with some gimmick thrown in late in development in order to get people to buy and try just to make their money back. Player housing or something but it won't help the game float past 30 days. Ugh. Meh. Wah.

Indeed, but after the flop of SWTOR i think zenimax needs to take a long hard look at TESO in its current state and decide whether to keep on the road they are on or bite the bullet and psuh back release.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

Originally posted by DSWBeef

Indeed, but after the flop of SWTOR i think zenimax needs to take a long hard look at TESO in its current state and decide whether to keep on the road they are on or bite the bullet and psuh back release.

i would not call swtor a flot,  last estimates i saw it still has excess of a million subscribers.  the only mmo outside of wow to do that.  Rift also has been a huge financial sucess.  

I am not happy with the outcome of this game but it will make money.

Originally posted by gotha

i would not call swtor a flot,  last estimates i saw it still has excess of a million subscribers.  the only mmo outside of wow to do that.  Rift also has been a huge financial sucess.  

Aion for the longest time had a constant 2-3 mil subs.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

no / no / no

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

Originally posted by Tridian

Based on what is released, TESO is just like any other MMO out there, just with the TES name on top. I'll still keep my eye on it but if it stays the way it is i probably wont be purchasing it.

U just said everything i think about TES online. they are only using its name and history but the game is just like any other mmorpg or worst... no action combat

We dont have numbers for TOR past feb/march, but this is not the topic.

TESO will make money off first week box sales, everything past that is speculation. There is only so much customer goodwill a franchise name can get you.

See WAR or Matrix Online.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Don't know, no, don't know.

I knowf ar too little of the game to fairly judge it.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

So after less than 6 months they have lost almost half of their playerbase? It probably would have been more if they didn't give out SO MANY buddy trial keys, and FREE time to lvl 50 players.

Sadly the AAA companies are proving that this is their intention. They make their money back on box sales, and then wash their hands of the whole deal within 1-3 years.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Big NO to all questions. If this thing didn't have TES label on it, nobody would give a second look to it.

What's even more fuck'd up, is the decision to announce the game this late. 5 years into development means that they will not change the core elements, what we see now is what we'll get.

There's one positive thing here, it will be interesting to watch how will they react to all this negative feedback. I've followed dozens of games pre-release, but I've never seen such a poor reception to any game, not even in this forum.

It's like a trainwreck in slo mo.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

No to all

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

I'll certainly play it if it's good. But based on what I've read so far about the game, instead of being a day-one purchase, I'll only buy it now after a free trial and it proves itself.

Originally posted by Paradigm68

I'll certainly play it if it's good. But based on what I've read so far about the game, instead of being a day-one purchase, I'll only buy it now after a free trial and it proves itself.

This is the position im in aswell.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

I will not play this game ,it has nothing similar with the elders scrolls games.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Don't know (I'd buy a game if it looked good and enjoyable)

No

No

But the results.... yikes.  I knew most would dislike TESO but a landslide of 75%... yowzers.  Hopefully Bethesda is taking note of people's reactions but doubtful any good would come out.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

Not a chance. I'm getting the exactly same money-grabbing hit-and-run attitude from Zenimax as I was getting from Bioware. After what I have heard, I wont touch it even if they completely redo the design. You can't change the entire decision making team. If they came up with this abomination, I don't even want to see what else they can come up with.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by gladosrev2

Not a chance. I'm getting the exactly same money-grabbing hit-and-run attitude from Zenimax as I was getting from Bioware. After what I have heard, I wont touch it even if they completely redo the design. You can't change the entire decision making team. If they came up with this abomination, I don't even want to see what else they can come up with.

I got bored of swtor after a month and a half but didnt it spend years in dev and cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make? How is it a hit and run?

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

With the limited publicity of what the Elder Scrolls will contain, I am not going to waste my time with that type of mmo, when GW2 and Diablo 3, even TERA are out there to be played.

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

1. Don't know.

2. Don't know.

3. Don't know.

Almost none of what we know or have seen is relevant one way or the other to why I love TES. Almost everything that's important to me remains unknown and unhinted at.

I can say that I appreciate the art style. It is mildly more exaggerated than I would have expected, but the style is still very TES, to me. It sort of mixes and matches stylistic elements of Morrowind and Oblivion in a way that I think really works. It certainly creates something far more visually appealing to me than Guild Wars 2. If someone knows of an upcoming western fantasy MMO with what they think is a better look, I'm eager for suggestions.

Mind you, I was one who threw a gigantic fit over Diablo III's art style.

Originally posted by Ambros123

But the results.... yikes.  I knew most would dislike TESO but a landslide of 75%... yowzers.  Hopefully Bethesda is taking note of people's reactions but doubtful any good would come out.

Alter designs based on the consensus of MMORPG.com? Sweet sane Sheogorath, please no.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Originally posted by busdriver

Big NO to all questions. If this thing didn't have TES label on it, nobody would give a second look to it.

What's even more fuck'd up, is the decision to announce the game this late. 5 years into development means that they will not change the core elements, what we see now is what we'll get.

There's one positive thing here, it will be interesting to watch how will they react to all this negative feedback. I've followed dozens of games pre-release, but I've never seen such a poor reception to any game, not even in this forum.

It's like a trainwreck in slo mo.

Actually, if a game developer wants to change core elements it's easier than many people believe. The most work hours goes into designing the HUGE game world in MMO's, painting the world with graphics and effects, with the vast amount of different looking monsters and equipment, and a huge array of animations, it's the most "physical" part of making the game where you need to literally build a world from scratch.

Changing stuff in combat systems and other mechanics is more juggling with the numbers and the code in that particular area. You could revamp your combat system or some other gameplay mechanic with the fraction of work hours when comparing to revamping the physical world of the game.

Even so, these companies have a vision and a goal with their games, and people complaining on forums most likely wont change all that TOO MUCH, but there's a possibility that you'll see something changed if it really looks likes people want it and know what they are talking about. It's risky to hear the forums, then change something in game, and then realize that people only thought they wanted the feature, because majority of the players dont go to forums. Also usually when people are happy with a game they dont go to the forums at all.

Though I dont think Zenimax will change much no matter what since it's clear that they are making a mmorpg set in the Elder Scrolls universe, not a Skyrim with massive multiplayer. I still need an official feature list and some gameplay footage to make up my mind, I dont mind changing the gameplay or "genre" within a franchise as long as I have fun with it, so bring on TES RTS game and I'll love it too if it's well made and fun.

Imo.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

When i look at screenshots and all the info i have right now its NO NO and NO.

Offcorse this can change but i seriously doub that it seems only TES name stick to it but a THEMEPARK CLONE.