Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crickets @ Turbine

Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
I happen to view Turbine as a strong company in our beloved genre. I'm sure many of you would agree. They may not have a monster out now but I can't help but feel like they're the sleeping giant right now. I mean their core team has to be working on something right? Is there something I missed that they are working on maybe?

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Comments

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199

I just hope they get rid off that "Pando Media Booster" crap! :)

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Mike-McQueen

I happen to view Turbine as a strong company in our beloved genre. I'm sure many of you would agree. They may not have a monster out now but I can't help but feel like they're the sleeping giant right now. I mean their core team has to be working on something right? Is there something I missed that they are working on maybe?

Yes busy rolling in money that they are making from DDO and LOTRO F2P models.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

I dont know of any project they are currently working on, if u find out plz pm me xD

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

They lost me when they went F2p Lotro, and cured me from ever buying another Life-time Subscription. No game will ever not go F2p again. Some companys like Funcom will try but i doubt they get very many Life-time subs.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Yes busy rolling in money that they are making from DDO and LOTRO F2P models.

well they can only make money if they produce something worth buying..lotro& ddo..2 good games..wonder what they have in the pipeline next though,seeing that both games are getting on a bit..i think its kind of funny all these big game companies like bioware and such always seem to be in the limelight and turbine just hopping along in the background.when all said and done they are a suuccessful company,wether or not you guys like it.

Originally posted by Elsabolts

They lost me when they went F2p Lotro, and cured me from ever buying another Life-time Subscription. No game will ever not go F2p again. Some companys like Funcom will try but i doubt they get very many Life-time subs.

ermmm...i too bought a life time sub which is still there and actually came as a benefit after F2P conversion. What are you talking about bud? 

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

ermmm...i too bought a life time sub which is still there and actually came as a benefit after F2P conversion. What are you talking about bud? 

Item shops new content is not free as would be under subscription.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Well that would be too much now isn't it? if they start offering even item shop content for free to lifetime subscribers? i never expected such a thing.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Well that would be too much now isn't it? if they start offering even item shop content for free to lifetime subscribers? i never expected such a thing.

Don't you still get 500 points a month (same as other subscribers who pay monthly), plus everything that a subscriber doesn't have to pay for that a freep does? I subbed for a while after F2P and it seemed pretty fair to me. The only things I had to pay for were bank slots and bags but the 500 a month covered that...I thought they gave everyone a fair shake...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MizzmoMizzmo Member UncommonPosts: 133

DDO and LOTRO are excellent games. They may not be for everyone, but they are both crazy good.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

They've been rumored to be working on the following for years

1) Harry Potter MMO

2) Console MMO

I don't regard them highly anymore really.  They designed LOTRO poorly from the start.  It's not a terrible game, it's just not the awesome game LOTRO could have been. 

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

if 500 points every month isnt enough for you to buy whatever you want from the store, then thats your problem, your lifetime sub is just as good as it was before.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

1) Harry Potter MMO

2) Console MMO

I don't regard them highly anymore really.  They designed LOTRO poorly from the start.  It's not a terrible game, it's just not the awesome game LOTRO could have been. 

could have been a lot,lot worse,,grubby EA could have got hold them and butchered them like  everything else they touch.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

1) Harry Potter MMO

2) Console MMO

I agree that LoTRO could have been better but I think they did a tremendous job with what they did. The story is solid, the game is an RP paradise (something that many MMOs forego completely) and the combat is at least average.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

They've been working on a console MMO or rumored to be for the past few years but not sure if that is still the case. 

• IIIcurrierIIIcurrier Member Posts: 88

Turbines current as you like to call it " core developement team" hasn't been the same since it got tossed around microsoft and warner bro's.

no more original thought after that type of punishment.

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

The first year of LOTRO was amazing in my opinion. Huge content updates that gave us a little bit of everything. 

I loved Turbine for LOTRO, I had the most fun with that game than any other MMORPG. PVMP was a lot of fun, housing was decent, and the new added areas from patches were fantastic. 

F2P ruined lotro.