Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

few tricks from me

xholyaccxholyacc Member Posts: 57

most of us will probably somehow ended up finished all the quests and have to repeat the dynamic event in your level are. i ended having to do that when im on the first beta ( im a charr) . so how could we overcome this? its failry easy if you dont want to do that. go to other races area and explore it. you will eventually do some quests there. with only 3 races area at the beta is enought for me not to repeat events. so i bet a 5 races at launch will give me extra options. and try to juggle between personal story. it helps me a lot

and for those who whinning about no endgame gear? may i ask you a question? why would you like to grind and spend hours just to get a gear? most of the time player whinning about  endgame gears have a lot of spare time, and want to be rewarded by and Overpowered gear so they can beat other players easily in pvp. so for those saying no endgame gears means nothing to do endgame is nonsense.

Comments

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

OH HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

Before I attempt to counter your post OP, I must ask, do you even want a counter reply, or will you scream "TROLL" if I counter your reply?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• xholyaccxholyacc Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by MMOExposed

OH HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

Before I attempt to counter your post OP, I must ask, do you even want a counter reply, or will you scream "TROLL" if I counter your reply?

i wont scream "TROLL"

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Originally posted by xholyacc

Originally posted by MMOExposed

OH HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

i wont scream "TROLL"

that's for sure very kind of you, because MMOExposed is properly the last one i would expect to be in a position to respond to an OP post as the first and bringing op the issue of trolling.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

huh? ummm what? someone translate please - thats not engrish

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

most of us will probably somehow ended up finished all the quests and have to repeat the dynamic event in your level are. i ended having to do that when im on the first beta ( im a charr) . so how could we overcome this? its failry easy if you dont want to do that. go to other races area and explore it. you will eventually do some quests there. with only 3 races area at the beta is enought for me not to repeat events. so i bet a 5 races at launch will give me extra options. and try to juggle between personal story. it helps me a lot

and for those who whinning about no endgame gear? may i ask you a question? why would you like to grind and spend hours just to get a gear? most of the time player whinning about  endgame gears have a lot of spare time, and want to be rewarded by and Overpowered gear so they can beat other players easily in pvp. so for those saying no endgame gears means nothing to do endgame is nonsense.

so heres what they are thinking about doing, since a lot of people usually do not wait around for event chains to move further, at its current stage if you were to do all the stages of the even and personal story stuff you would see rewards equally. But since this will be a problem at launch where events are being done by a large number, you will most likely not see some events and chains unless you wait.

So they have stated that this will be getting tweaked. 

Also as I posted in another thread, Anet team has a system in place already which allows them to remove an event from anywhere and replace it with something new, something you have never seen in that area before. So if you do happen to come back and they have changed the events you will see something new.

And this function they said will be used on a normal basis since people do run through stuff at a fast pace and probably do not want to see the same thing over and over.

I think they said it will change on the fly and not some patch that will make these changes.

Hope that helps

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Some players want to know that their time invested in a game is rewarded.  Believe it or not, many MMO players do like to see some tangible reward for all their hard work, and achievement is actually important to them.  

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Good tip for lvling although I believe Anet wants enough content in a single zone for you to reach 'required' levels. I THINK they are tweaking those numbers still. No concrete evidence. I found myself stuck around level 4-5 in the human area. I went to divinity's reach and explored most of a level before throwing in a few DE to get to lvl 5. It did feel stunted. Hope they are tweaking that.

Some people like grinding gear. I've just done enough of it :P

Having said that I can see myself grinding rare materials in GW2 to LOOK the coolest, not be the strongest. That's what I've enjoyed the most from gear. Not the pretty numbers. It's the game that forced me to get bigger numbers and uglier looking gear. Stat transfer is win =)

Don't throw stones in glass houses XD

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Some players want to know that their time invested in a game is rewarded.  Believe it or not, many MMO players do like to see some tangible reward for all their hard work, and achievement is actually important to them.  

yeah but u should remember, that "someone" could be a gold seller

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

I never go see great movies unless they give me $100 bucks at the end. Otherwise, it's just not worth watching.

You're comment doesn't make any sense. GW2 provides plenty of rewards. There's tons of different armor, weapons, titles, and any number of other rewards for play. Even if there weren't, it would still totally be worth it...because it's an awesome game that's fun to play. You're time in the game is rewarded with...*gasp*...entertainment and fun.

Gear-treadmill bait-and-switch games have been shown clearly in the last 5 years to lose the vast majority of their subscribers in the first few months. It doesn't work the way people claim it does. People want to play a good game, not be kicked in the shins for two hours a night just to get +1 to their stats every day for a year.

To the OP, you didn't run out of things to do in the first zone. You just think you did because you are trying to play GW2 like it was WoW. There was probably 80% more stuff to do that you didn't see. Next beta, go explore, and stop looking for little symbols on your map to point you to every single piece of content. MOST of the worthwhile stuff to do in GW2 doesn't show up on the map...it just happens in chains of events out in the world. Once you find an event happening, actually pay attention to what's happening, and start following the story the NPCs are playing out. It will lead to more events and you'll see tons of content you never knew was there.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by Fozzik

I never go see great movies unless they give me $100 bucks at the end. Otherwise, it's just not worth watching.

You're comment doesn't make any sense. GW2 provides plenty of rewards. There's tons of different armor, weapons, titles, and any number of other rewards for play. Even if there weren't, it would still totally be worth it...because it's an awesome game that's fun to play. You're time in the game is rewarded with...*gasp*...entertainment and fun.

Gear-treadmill bait-and-switch games have been shown clearly in the last 5 years to lose the vast majority of their subscribers in the first few months. It doesn't work the way people claim it does. People want to play a good game, not be kicked in the shins for two hours a night just to get +1 to their stats every day for a year.

To the OP, you didn't run out of things to do in the first zone. You just think you did because you are trying to play GW2 like it was WoW. There was probably 80% more stuff to do that you didn't see. Next beta, go explore, and stop looking for little symbols on your map to point you to every single piece of content. MOST of the worthwhile stuff to do in GW2 doesn't show up on the map...it just happens in chains of events out in the world. Once you find an event happening, actually pay attention to what's happening, and start following the story the NPCs are playing out. It will lead to more events and you'll see tons of content you never knew was there.

Fozzik Ive learnt one thing about the threads in this forum and specificly in regards to posters like the anti GW2 league, you can ply them with common sense enhancing drugs, or electric shock treatment, and they will never see the bigger picture, they are so close minded and shallow that there will never be another way to play a game except the one they play.  Chasing carrots,  running back and forth to npc's, grinding the same dungeon over and over, fighting the same scripted boss over and over, are the only way to win, Its true, its carved in stone.

• SykoleisaSykoleisa Member Posts: 41

Except when you go to see a movie it doesn't become hard work to watch it, unless it's so boring that you're falling asleep, in which case you leave early and ask for your money back (likelyhood of getting it back is probably quite slim).

I'm not anti-GW2.

Originally posted by biggarfoot

Fozzik Ive learnt one thing about the threads in this forum and specificly in regards to posters like the anti GW2 league, you can ply them with common sense enhancing drugs, or electric shock treatment, and they will never see the bigger picture, they are so close minded and shallow that there will never be another way to play a game except the one they play. Chasing carrots, running back and forth to npc's, grinding the same dungeon over and over, fighting the same scripted boss over and over, are the only way to win, Its true, its carved in stone.

Totally...but the funny thing about that is that so few of them end up sticking with each new game that comes out catering to them. There are, right now, at least five large-budget games which cater to that crowd, but they aren't playing any of them. They are here on the boards bad-mouthing the one game that does things a bit differently. Odd.

Methinks they doth protest too much. Secretly, I think most of the haters are in love with the game, and will play it for a long time. ;)

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

This as been posted already, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyqGJHTjes  even if i did the human starting area 20 times to lvl 7 or so, you have more things to do than in most mmo's till max lvl, GW2 is diferent , when you enter GW2 just chill stay at lvl 1 and enjoy an amazing game ( harcore pvper here), and this is something i never did or thought i would do in an mmo.

infact i never even play wow, so you mean there always a chain nearby after an event if i follow the npc?

infact i never even play wow, so you mean there always a chain nearby after an event if i follow the npc?

In GW2? Most of the time, yes.

You need to know the difference between the karma heart events and the dynamic events. The heart events are static, you complete them once, and the NPC turns into a karma vendor. The dynamic events go on around the open world all the time, but since they are actually playing out, they won't always be in the same place all the time.

If you go exploring, you'll stumble into them already in progress (you'll see an orange circle on your map and your journal will give you a summary of objectives). Those are dynamic events, and usually if you start following the story, you'll find that they chain together depending on the outcome of each event.

Because not all the content is static and just sitting still in the world, you won't see all of it at the same time. It's constantly changing and moving. You have to jump in and let it carry you away, and you'll see more and more as it plays out.

I'm being totally honest when I say that I made it to level 12 in the starting zone, I never repeated any dynamic event, and I had barely scratched the surface of available events. There were LOTS more I hadn't done yet, and I didn't even finish exploring the whole zone. I'll bet if you were to take part in every dynamic event in the starter zone, plus do personal story, exploration, skill challenges, and karma hearts, you would probably be level 25 or 30 before you even left that one zone.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Uhm, in which themepark MMO do you not repeat content? You will repeat content both in GW2 and any other MMO.

It is part of the genre and it is hard to make hundreds of hours of gameplay without having the players to repeat some content.

Even in sandboxes with player created content are you spending a lot of time doing more or less things you already done.

Most singleplayer games have 10-20 hours of content just even if you can make it last twice that time if you take it really slow. 

OP: I think everyone who played a MMO before already figured out that if you done a zone completely it is time to move to another zone that is in your levelrange...

Loke, did you try the game in the last beta?

My experience showed me that I literally would never need to repeat content unless I wanted to... like if I wanted to follow a dynamic event from a different perspective or if I enjoyed a boss fight and felt like doing it again.

I can pretty much say for sure that if you wanted to level to max in GW2 without ever repeating a single bit of content, you could do it fairly easily.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I've done two beta weekends now and I didn't once have to repeat content or any dynamic event 'intentionally' to keep moving forward. I mean do people just ignore every mob along the way? Did you find events like the girl who fell down the hole or the guy who build the statue for the grawl? I blame the players...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Originally posted by Loke666

Uhm, in which themepark MMO do you not repeat content? You will repeat content both in GW2 and any other MMO.

It is part of the genre and it is hard to make hundreds of hours of gameplay without having the players to repeat some content.

Even in sandboxes with player created content are you spending a lot of time doing more or less things you already done.

Most singleplayer games have 10-20 hours of content just even if you can make it last twice that time if you take it really slow. 

OP: I think everyone who played a MMO before already figured out that if you done a zone completely it is time to move to another zone that is in your levelrange...

i should have realized that I before start this thread, but if you look carefully at the posts in this thread some of them are against my post and say that we wont repeat the events on our level area if we follow the chain events. :D

see the post above me if you want an example :D

• Ngeldu5tNgeldu5t Member UncommonPosts: 608

Originally posted by Vannor

I've done two beta weekends now and I didn't once have to repeat content or any dynamic event 'intentionally' to keep moving forward. I mean do people just ignore every mob along the way? Did you find events like the girl who fell down the hole or the guy who build the statue for the grawl? I blame the players...

Same here,I leveled till level 11-12(didn't have more time to play) in the starting areas such as Shaemoor,Queensdale and never did a single Dynamic event twice.I think the main problem here is the players.They have been spoonfed/handheld and conditioned to play a certain way that anything slightly off the road is totally disorienting for them,they can't think by themselves anymore.

In the land of Predators,the lion does not fear the jackals...

Originally posted by Ngeldu5t

Originally posted by Vannor

Same here,I leveled till level 11-12(didn't have more time to play) in the starting areas such as Shaemoor,Queensdale and never did a single Dynamic event twice.I think the main problem here is the players.They have been spoonfed/handheld and conditioned to play a certain way that anything slightly off the road is totally disorienting for them,they can't think by themselves anymore.

ive on ascalon but somehow i fight fire shaman twice, when im on the gate somehow i always ended up fighting harpies while defending the mortar, maybe i should look at some video about char starting area

You CAN do things more than once, but you don't HAVE to. There's plenty to do that you can just skip the stuff you've already done and go look for new dynamic events happening, or find some skill points, or do personal story.

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

In the BWE I didn't repeat any DE and allready severely outlevelled the area I was still "questing" in because I wanted to explore all of the area and spent some hours in WvW.

A lot of people still have the mindset from other games to rush through content, skip half of it and have the levelling as their main goal, not enjoying the actual content. Just to get to end game which is rumoured to be where the real game starts but actually offers nothing else than repeating the same few repeatable quests and the same dungeons / raids until the next patch hits (in other games). No wonder they don't leave the area at the intended level.

For me Anet might as well have gotten rid of levels altogether instead of just downscaling, because I enjoy it so much that I couldn't care less which level I'm at.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    After youve done your personal story and completed the zone, if youre still under leveled just go pvp for a couple levels. Round out your experience. You could craft even whatever floats your boat.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Here's the thing: I garauntee you you most likely did not do every DE in any given zone.

I'm sure you did all the ones you FOUND....and I quickly learned that running from heart to heart gets you a lot of DEs...but not nearly all of them. You have to explore every nook and cranny.

Also keep in mind if you somehow magically run out of things to do (I was 18 when I -thought- I did all the Queensdale content, plus story), you can always pvp for xp. Hoenstly though, I leanred the hard way I missed a lot of content on my first run through.