Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to expect from MoP??

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Well to start, I haven't been subbed to WoW since early Cata.  But after reading the article : Putting the War back in Warcraft, I began to think blizzard is starting to care about WoW again and not just raid grinds.  If they do bring back pvp in this game im all in for it.

What do you want from MoP?

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    More of the same except a new race to play with.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Even more of a kids game.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    cartoon kung foo pandas walks around all over the place LOL...
  • SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Wait until you see what they're doing to classes. World of Ghostcrawlercraft is going full speed ahead! You PvPers will have a lot fewer skills to keep track of once MoP hits AND Ghostcrawler and his team will tell you exactly how those skills are to be played.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by SteamRanger

Wait until you see what they're doing to classes. World of Ghostcrawlercraft is going full speed ahead! You PvPers will have a lot fewer skills to keep track of once MoP hits AND Ghostcrawler and his team will tell you exactly how those skills are to be played.

More wild speculations, scare mongering, naysaying, kung fu panda quips and general wow expansion bashing. Personally enjoying it at the moment, but hey, that's just me.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by jason_webb

Originally posted by SteamRanger

More wild speculations, scare mongering, naysaying, kung fu panda quips and general wow expansion bashing. Personally enjoying it at the moment, but hey, that's just me.

I agree. Pandaren starting experience is one of the best so far, less over the top as Worgen/Goblin but so full of pathos.

As for the REST of the expansion? well.... I like most of what I see... and cannot wait to meet the shaolin.... I mean.. shado-pa monks :D

Also... putting the WAR back in WARcraft is by no means limited to PvP. From what I heard, the first patch after the expansion hit will bring the forces of Alliance and Horde to Pandaria in full out war, that might take many forms.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Mephster

More of the same except a new race to play with.

/thread

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I expect some more decent PvP, but im not raising my hopes to high.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Well to start, I haven't been subbed to WoW since early Cata.  But after reading the article : Putting the War back in Warcraft, I began to think blizzard is starting to care about WoW again and not just raid grinds.  If they do bring back pvp in this game im all in for it.

Didn't bother checking date on this and honestly, don't care. WoW has become the biggest piece of sh*t mmo game.

I was going to state the many reasons but you know what? I realized it's not worth the time or effort to do so. By now, most matured adults already know enough to stay away from this crapfest.

This game is only for pre-schoolers and those too dumb too know any better.

Sad but TRUE!

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

Originally posted by erikk3189

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Didn't bother checking date on this and honestly, don't care. WoW has become the biggest piece of sh*t mmo game.

I was going to state the many reasons but you know what? I realized it's not worth the time or effort to do so. By now, most matured adults already know enough to stay away from this crapfest.

This game is only for pre-schoolers and those too dumb too know any better.

Sad but TRUE!

You are one angry troll eh?

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

A continuing decline in the quality of expansions.  If you still like WOW you'll probably enjoy the expansion for a while.  At least this time you aren't paying for a revamp of the original two continents just to attract new players.  It will be the first expansion I don't buy, unless I strike it rich in the D3 RMAH.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

@OP, your thread is very confusing. Most of the people in this thread probably didn't even read your first post. Yuu asked what we EXPECT from the game in your title but then you go on to ask what we WANT from the game. Which one is it? Both? Most people in this thread responded to what do you expect question.

At this point in time, I don't expect anything from WoW because I don't know what Blizzard can possibly do to make me interested in the game. I've had enough of WoW. Nothing short of a new game will suffice.

When you people say that NO mature people will play game X you only come across as trolls. It's one thing to have an opinion but it's completely different to INSULT people who play game X by calling them immature etc. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

farmvill

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

A continuing decline in the quality of expansions.  If you still like WOW you'll probably enjoy the expansion for a while.  At least this time you aren't paying for a revamp of the original two continents just to attract new players.  It will be the first expansion I don't buy, unless I strike it rich in the D3 RMAH.

To be fair, I do not think WotLK was worse than BC. You will find as many saying it is better than others preferring BC, but you will find few that completely dismiss WotLK as instead they dismiss Cata.

Also the continent revamp was free, but it clearly took a huge amount of dev time to perform. Still I think it needed to be done and the new levelling experience is leaps and bounds better than what it was before, putting it much nearer SWTOR than it would be without the revamp (but with about 3-4x the content up to level 60).

I think with MoP, we will leave the wreck of Cata behind and return to WotLK/BC level at the very least, if not higher.

The content looks promising at least, with a whole thematic continent, giving Blizzard the possibility to spread the story across the whole place instead of breaking it out in small pieces scattered across the world like Cata was.

Also with the addition of all those game play modes, it looks like we are also finally adding more play modes, something Cata sorely missed.

(BC added Flying mechanics, WotLK added vehicle mechanics. Cata added... ????. MoP will add Scenarios, Dungeon Challenges and pet battles)

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Volkmar

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

To be fair, I do not think WotLK was worse than BC. You will find as many saying it is better than others preferring BC, but you will find few that completely dismiss WotLK as instead they dismiss Cata.

Also the continent revamp was free, but it clearly took a huge amount of dev time to perform. Still I think it needed to be done and the new levelling experience is leaps and bounds better than what it was before, putting it much nearer SWTOR than it would be without the revamp (but with about 3-4x the content up to level 60).

I think with MoP, we will leave the wreck of Cata behind and return to WotLK/BC level at the very least, if not higher.

The content looks promising at least, with a whole thematic continent, giving Blizzard the possibility to spread the story across the whole place instead of breaking it out in small pieces scattered across the world like Cata was.

Also with the addition of all those game play modes, it looks like we are also finally adding more play modes, something Cata sorely missed.

(BC added Flying mechanics, WotLK added vehicle mechanics. Cata added... ????. MoP will add Scenarios, Dungeon Challenges and pet battles)

Cata was a horrible expansion. I personally didn't like the 1-60 revamp. The quests were cool and fun but the leveling became waaaay too fast. I know there's an extra 25 levels after level 60 but it just feels too fast. I loved rerolling new classes and I used to find it fun. But Cata completely destroyed this for me. Also Cata added very little new content outside of that.

WOTLK, I didn't like that too. I guess people who started with WOTLK would've liked it. I bought WoW as soon as it released as I am a huge Warcraft (and Blizzard) fan. I never unsubbed during the entire vanilla and TBC period. WOTLK came out, I was very excited to roll a deathknight. One month into WOTLK I unsubbed. Then they introduced the DF etc.

WOTLK and Cata both took away something from me. Wotlk suck the fun out of running dungeons and Cata ruined the leveling experience for me. And these are the two things which I will never get baack no matter how many expansions Blizzard come out. Also I hate how they abandoned the tier progression and now everyone runs only the latest raid tier.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

WOTLK had some terrible design choices - hence the B-Team taking over, along with a bit over 70% of it's content cut. (Half a dozen raids and various instances, essentially two whole questing zones as well)

Cata was more of the same shit - and the sudden drop in numbers showed.

They couldn't even bother to tie up Neptulon's storyline - the main element or plotthread of one zone they actually put some effort into. (Vashjir)