Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2: playing your character in Dungeon Maker

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

snippet from recent article, regarding May projects

http://www.everquest2.com/news/article?month=052012&id=51211

We hope to release them in May but won't until they are ready:

Remember in December 2011 on Test server we offered the ability to play as your character in Dungeon Maker?

We took a look at the results and it was pretty clear we needed to make some significant improvements. Our team of engineers took to doing some research and experimentation and has come up with a great solution that we feel will have other applications as well.

We are calling it "Level Agnostic" game play. What it means is that no matter what your level, you will be able to go into Dungeon Maker as your character and be effective.

While that's a bit of a no brainer, this goes for groups in Dungeon Maker too. We have already done early tests of groups of level 90s with level 50s and lower and it's really fun!

There's a bit of tuning we need to do here and there, but there are definitely other ways we can use this. We are still in testing and want to get this one right, so we are going to do a lot of testing before we go live. And of course we'll have it on the Test server when we feel it's ready.

Comments

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Nadia

We are calling it "Level Agnostic" game play. What it means is that no matter what your level, you will be able to go into Dungeon Maker as your character and be effective.

Sounds like the Rikti assaults on City of Heroes. Players from level 2 to 50 fighting side-by-side against the same foe, with the Rikti conning the same to each of them.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

I don't get the Dungeon Maker nonsense - it seems like a waste of time and effort given that the quality of instances wasn't lacking at all - just getting groups or people to do them, adding more random nonsense dredged up by Little Timmy the House Designer doesn't improve anything.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Tortanic

I don't get the Dungeon Maker nonsense - it seems like a waste of time and effort given that the quality of instances wasn't lacking at all - just getting groups or people to do them, adding more random nonsense dredged up by Little Timmy the House Designer doesn't improve anything.

I personally havent tried any of the DM dungeons yet because I want to play my own character

but personally, Id rather not judge it til i try it

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by Tortanic
    I personally havent tried any of the DM dungeons yet because I want to play my own character
    but personally, Id rather not judge it til i try it

Yeah I did two or three - then saw I couldn't use my character and never went back.

It's definitely a creative idea, but no point if I have to play as a drolvarg or spiderslut.

• KnyttaKnytta Member UncommonPosts: 414

I think it was somewhat interesting to play another toon but the skills avaiable and the very limited ways for the Dungeon Designers to program fun encounters are a disappointment. They may be able to fix it with the addition of using your own toon but well see.

A really developed dungeon maker system with good settings for encounters and combat would be awesome, however I doubt that SOE ever is going to give us that.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch